big difference i noticed between boxing and mma fans.

it really boils down to energy, kicks and wrestling are very very energetically draining.
Also old people have worse chins which are tested way more in MMA with the little globes. And maybe the fact that even though MMA is very technical, there's an almost impossibility to prepare for all techniques, meaning in many cases the more physically fit takes the fight, whereas in boxing you know what to expect so technique rules all exchanges.

Some theorizing as to why its the case, but its an interesting question nonetheless.

1970s boxing is different than 1990s boxing

15 rounds compared to 12

Or 1930s boxing

- fighting every few weeks compared to twice a year

Or 1900 boxing. Which had over 15 rounds.

Back to the bareknuckle days, where types of judoesque throws were allowed.

Boxing has changed too.

Yeah the amount of fights boxers had was enormous back then. Which only makes boxers with sickening great records even more admirable, such as Sugar Ray Robinson

(+ No more kidney shots later on in boxing. I forgot which fight it was, but I remember Foreman KO'ing the crap out of another boxer on a clean kidney shot. F*cking cruel)

You must have never been in a BJ, Shogun, or Fedor thread....

Had Fedor retired before the Werdum fight, i bet the vast majority would pick him to destroy every single hw of today - including Werdum.

Any of the boxing groups I've seen it always becomes a race issue.
Mma doesn't have as many problems with people pulling the race card unless its twood.

It keeps changing yet the newer guys dont always beat the older guys.

Werdum isnt really a new breed HW

Lawler wasnt either, or was bisping, etc.
no but they are constantly changing the way they train to adapt to the newer bread. Thats the difference

Boxing just has less tools to be developed over time.

But the newer guys still murk the older ones. Physically athletes are so much more impressive now then they were even 10 years ago, older people just like to look back and think their older heroes would still make it. It's the 'up hill both ways' mentality.
Not a chance. Old guard is far superior to the majority of boxers out there now, what are you even talking about. Lol, athletes being physically superior to 10 years ago, what are you basing this on?

This is almost 100 years ago:

It's not like we suddenly evolved. I'd argue that most advancements in performances comes from technology and gear. When you look at boxing, the golden era boxers were far superior to most guys out there now. Duran, Hearns, Hagler, McCallum, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ali, Norton, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson, Pernell Whitaker, Patterson, James Tony so on. Go even further back and you still have Joe Louis, Walcott, Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Willie pep. All time greats.

Look at this shit, and it's only sparring:

Lomachenko brought a new perspective & dynamism to boxing, in an established & traditional sport. Conor did that with MMA, bringing a freshness to a sport that values toughness & grinding fights. It is the special athletes that will change the landscape & transcend their respective sports.
Lomachenko is great, one of the best ever, but he didn't exactly bring anything we haven't seen already.

I stopped watching boxing after the second Lewis/Holyfield bs decision fiasco. From my understanding there was even a third Lewis/Holyfield fiasco as well. Just like I haven't watched baseball since the second strike they went on in the 80s. The UFC keeps on with their joker version of matchmaking and handling talent and when I'm done, I'm done. Fishy decisions that appear like fight fixing will most likely be my last straw at some point.

Prime Wand, Shogun, Chuck, Hughes, Saku (at WW or maybe MW), Big Nog, Cro Cop, Fedor, BJ...

All of those guys would still be in the mix right now. Hard to say how many would be able to pick up belts... but that's not so much due to the advancement of the sport as it is the fact that if you stack the field with the best from every era it's a suddenly a much tougher, deeper, field.

It is almost like they are two different sports....

Obviously the difference is in the relative longevity of boxing over MMA.
That and the complex nature of mma imo. Boxing as a sport doesn't have a room for growth really, there's nothing you can add to it given that there's only so much you can do with your fists. Boxing is limited as a form of combat. This is not bad, boxing is great and fun af as it is. mma, on the other hand, has plenty of room for growth. New arts and techniques can come into play and the fighters can improve in so many areas of their game. mma is constantly evolving, so it's safe to say that the newer guys beat the older guys (in most cases) and i'm not even mentioning the variety of style matchups. That is not the case in boxing (or at least not as much). Different sports.

Mike Tyson in his prime would be a punching bag for Wilder. He would be way too fast and fit for him and skilled. I don't have nostalgia in boxing.

The MMA fanbase is mostly racist.

Boxing fanbase is not that racist compared to the MMA fanbase.

People still don't understand that the fanbase, is completely opposite.

The majority of the MMA fanbase roots for White Fighters, that loves white fighters with the "It" factor...If they are cocky, they are loved.

However if black/brown fighter with the "IT" factor is cocky, expect them to be hated by the majority of the MMA fanbase...Thats why it's hard for black/brown fighters to make as much money as white fighters in the current scheme of things.

The majority of the MMA fanbase likes black/brown fighters who aren't cocky but they are never superstars.

The MMA fanbase is mostly racist.

Boxing fanbase is not that racist compared to the MMA fanbase.

People still don't understand that the fanbase, is completely opposite.

The majority of the MMA fanbase roots for White Fighters, that loves white fighters with the "It" factor...If they are cocky, they are loved.

However if black/brown fighter with the "IT" factor is cocky, expect them to be hated by the majority of the MMA fanbase...Thats why it's hard for black/brown fighters to make as much money as white fighters in the current scheme of things.

The majority of the MMA fanbase likes black/brown fighters who aren't cocky but they are never superstars.
While I get the point you're making, that's less about racism and more about boxing having a long storied history, while MMA is still in its first quarter century.

Naturally there will be knuckledraggers initially, but it's much better today than it was 04-09.

Can't call a whole fan base "typically racist/goofy white guys" though. It didn't gel with the larger point you were making

Your comparison doesn't make a lot of sense. Joe Louis isn't an ancient boxer by the sports standards, not comparable to UFC 1 fighters. Marquess of Queensberry rules have been around since 1867. The modern boxing sport was already 60 years old when Joe Louis was fighting.

It takes a lot more athleticism to survive in MMA.

Boxing can just clinch over and over again and be separated staying on their feet. Plus they have giant gloves to defend with.

If you try clinching in MMA you will get taken down or have to use a lot of gas to stay up. It's a young man's game unless you are extremely prepared with cardio, heart, etc.

or PED's.

The talent pool in boxing is literally hundreds of times bigger than MMA, so it's much, much harder to get to the top in boxing, as well as boxing having much better athletes and many more of them. The same applies to soccer, football, tennis, basketball and athletics. In terms of athletic talent, MMA is still a long way behind these other sports. It's a simple matter of money, resources and numbers.

I see it this way
Boxing fans: close minded
MMA fans: Still insecure

Mma has changed
Royce Gracie would destroyed by just about anyone today

Back