Better resume: Aldo or Edgar?

Edgar's because most of them are LW's, while he's a small FW, and Aldo's a big FW who only fights at that weight.

You can easily Argue Frankie's only loss (outside of Maynard 1) Is Jose Aldo 2. Making them 1-1 and easily giving the edge to Frankie.

I wanted to say Aldo first but edgar has Done pretty good stuff him self i guess after edgar vs max we can truely say but both have hade amazing carriers

Before aldo lost 3 of his last 4 by stoppage, aldo! But now Frankie

Their top ten wins are the same -9

I know some people will say aldo winning 2 fights heads up gives him the edge, but I thought the first was a draw and aldo barely won the 2nd*

Nah.
Maybe the first fight was a dead heat but Aldo clearly won the rematch.

As for overall resume, I don’t know.

This is true. But if you go down that road you also must concede that some of his wins could have been losses.
Such as? The only fight people think he could have legitimately loss that went to the judges is the first Penn fight.

You can easily Argue Frankie's only loss (outside of Maynard 1) Is Jose Aldo 2. Making them 1-1 and easily giving the edge to Frankie.

You can argue anything.

Nah.
Maybe the first fight was a dead heat but Aldo clearly won the rematch.

As for overall resume, I don’t know.
I had aldo winning 3 rds of the second fight. That may be clearly winning but it's also close

Damn, both resume's competition level is damn close.

But on the title reign Aldo pulls ahead.

Very good comparison for a change.

Damn, both resume's competition level is damn close.

But on the title reign Aldo pulls ahead.

Very good comparison for a change.

It’s a good discussion because neither of them have masses of unreasonable fanboys or haters.
Both would fight anyone and neither of them spent too much time in the PR department.

yes i think it is.
Is harder to stay at the top then it is to challenge for it.
He has three defenses in a division notoriously more difficult than Aldo's division, and he's about to challenge for the FW belt for the third time. I can't think of another UFC fighter who's done that in the UFC, and it's not for lack of people trying. His ability to compete at the highest level across two weight divisions for a decade is being undervalued here in my opinion.

By the way, I've already said Aldo's resume is better than Frankie's, but I think it's closer than people think, especially when you look at how they won and how they loss.
2 considered LW champions,one of then almost put in LW GOATness level went down to FW and lost.

And as a champion Edgar resume is to say at least,controversial.

A Draw,insta rematches and a short reign.

Also he is disputing a third time because Aldo lost,don’t you agree?

Look
i like Frankie,i think he,like Aldo,suffered a lot with the fickle MMA Fanbase hate and some neglect by the UFC management.

Like @SeattleFightFan said its all about how you specifically choose your parameters to judge the best resume overall.

We logically disagree with such parameters so ...”it is what it is” -Kenny DIaz FLorian.
Ok?

Aldo because of all the title defenses. Also more finishes and a dominant reign over a division for a prolonged period.

And of course beating Frankie
Hard to argue this

I've watched both fights several times. Imo, aldo won the first 2.5 rds of the 1st fight. Frankie won the second half. Aldo did more damage and I would give him the 3rd rd based off that if I had to but I think it was a clear draw

That's my opinion though just like you have yours I can't judge fights lol

Fair enough but when all things are almost equal ( like they were after the shit kicking in the first 2 rounds) effective striking is scored higher than volume.

Frankie landed a few more strikes per round but they were weak leg kicks or in one round thigh punches while Aldo landed heavy head shots.

The only round Frankie won was the round he got the slam in because it was the most significant moment of a fairly even round.

This fight really was the perfect example of how the scoring system at the time was to be used.

Back