Better mob movie: The Godfather or Godfellas?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Some say that “The Godfather” is the best movie ever made in cinema history. Perhaps I was too young for that time, but I find this movie boring as hell. “Godfellas” is way more entertaining in my opinion.

Godfather was a better movie.

Goodfellas a better story.

It's gotta be The Goodfather

Many are gonna say the Godfather but I enjoyed Goodfellas way more.

Godfather is gangster politics and heirachy.

You wanna see a movie about what the Italian mob really do? And how evil they are? Goodfellas is by far and wide the greatest mob movie I have ever seen.

Many are gonna say the Godfather but I enjoyed Goodfellas way more.
Honestly I don't know how anyone can stay awake through the Godfather tbh

It's 2 hours and 45 minutes of talking and 10 minutes of things happening. The fight scenes are comically horrendous and that intro... That fucking hour long tea party did my head in lol

It's a good film don't get me wrong but I had to have a 10 minute break half way through, Goodfellas is leagues ahead for me.

Honestly I don't know how anyone can stay awake through the Godfather tbh

It's 2 hours and 45 minutes of talking and 10 minutes of things happening. The fight scenes are comically horrendous and that intro... That fucking hour long tea party did my head in lol

It's a good film don't get me wrong but I had to have a 10 minute break half way through, Goodfellas is leagues ahead for me.
Subjective, tbh.

I enjoyed Godfather and its so re watchable, but Goodfellas is a lot faster paced and feels more like the fantasised and idealised version of the mob.

Goodfellas was a true story so it's weird to compare it with a fictional one

I've seen Goodfellas countless times. I've watched The Godfather once.

Some say that “The Godfather” is the best movie ever made in cinema history. Perhaps I was too young for that time, but I find this movie boring as hell. “Godfellas” is way more entertaining in my opinion.

This thread deserves a poll for measure, but there is no way Goodfellas was the better film. Both of the first two Godfather films blow it out of the water.

I know The Godfather is the correct answer, but dammit I love Goodfellas

goodfellas

Better story that was heavily based on real events to boot.Godfather was tedious as hell and the stellar cast couldnt save it

Godfather is an epic. Probably the better story overall.

Goodfellas is the better film; it provides the same amount of entertainment value in a smaller more efficient package.

Goodfellas, Godfather 2 though I'd have to think about longer though.

It took me a few tries to get into The Godfather, but once I did I loved it. The Godfather Part II is in my opinion the greatest movie of all time.

I liked Goodfellas but didn't enjoy it as much.

I couldn't stand either one tbh. But goodfellas at least gets a "meh" over godfather, which gets a "yawwwwn"

Back