Better all time HW: DC or Fedor

DC has only best one cream of the crop HW's in his time, which is why it was shocking that he besmirched Stipe. Fedor beat pretty much every relevant HW in his day tho. There's a big difference between Cain/Stipe/Ubereem and Barnatt/Mir/Nelson. D.C. may be the better fighter but Fedor's resume was insane for the time.

People don't want to admit that MMA has evolved overtime. Fighters now are more complete and skilled than those of the dark ages of MMA>
Yeah man, new breed Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou with 5 years of total MMA training are the truth. They're so much more complete and skilled than guys that spent their entire lives training martial arts.

By your logic every champion in history who didn't go up in weight must be a pussy then? Just hate on the guys who can make weight in their weight class
I never said Jones is a pussy. I just think Fedor and DC are far more brave. Can't blame Jones. Jones is clearly better suited for Light Heavyweight where his size and reach is more of a factor.

But this thread is about who is the better HW. Look who I was replying to. Somebody talking about Jones in a thread about HWs is irrelevant. He is 0-0 at HW and has even stated he would only fight a HW "if it was the right matchup." Literally his own words.

Last edited:
Most are going to say Fedor accomplished more and all that but DC would still destroy him in a fight.
This is like saying Julio Jones is a better wide receiver than Jerry Rice. Accomplishments are the only thing that matter.

Last edited:
How is this even a question ? ..... Fedor clearly

But DC is a top 3 goat but anyones standards

DC is more akin to someone like Randy or Hendo(although greater achievement than both IMHO) with his achievements spread across divisions.

That is only true in the lighter divisions.
Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight are currently worse than ever. Those divisions were deeper and more talented in the 2000s than they are this decade.

DC has better wrestling for sure. He also hits hard in the clinch but so does Fedor. No HW has evolved past Fedor's all around game

World class judo
World Sambo champion
Boxing since childhood
Lightning fast
KO power
Great striking defense
Great leg kicks and switch kicks to liver
Dangerous in clinch
Very good takedowns
Good takedown defense
GOAT ground and pound
Great submissions from top or bottom
Very active and dangerous guard
Great sweeps and reversals
Great cardio
Great recovery when hurt
Will not tap to strikes no matter what
Only tapped to a locked Werdum armbar

DC would be one of Fedor's greatest challenges but Fedor is the most skilled and well rounded HW we have ever seen. Fedor's speed, striking ability and KO power would be too much for DC's forward pressure and "mummy guard."

Agree everything else except Fedor having a great recovery when hurt, imo the opposite, it has taken dangerously long time for him to recover a couple times during his career. He was still on wobbly legs after finishing Fujita, and he had a really hard time recovering from the Maldonado knock down as well. Signs of a clean fighter.

The fact that his opponents were not able to capitalize, doesn't make Fedor's recovery great. Neither Fujita or Maldonado are great finishers, anyway. Better fighters would have probably put Fedor sleep in those situations (Mitrione did).

I think this is overstated at the top. And when exactly did this new age begin? I really am curious, because I don't know where people see the cutoff when they talk about MMA's evolution. Shit, there's a dude who can barely wrestle in the top 5 of heavyweight right now (was #2 ranked up until Saturday).

Also, these days feel like a dark age of MMA overall. Maybe it's a second Dark Age, I suppose.

There are two fighters in the top 5 who can't wrestle.

Ngannou and Lewis.

Jiu Jitsu? He just stands up. Lmao.

There are two fighters in the top 5 who can't wrestle.

Ngannou and Lewis.

Jiu Jitsu? He just stands up. Lmao.
The stand up technique is a legit technique bro. Learned it straight from Helio.

Agree everything else except Fedor having a great recovery when hurt, imo the opposite, it has taken dangerously long time for him to recover a couple times during his career. He was still on wobbly legs after finishing Fujita, and he had a really hard time recovering from the Maldonado knock down as well. Signs of a clean fighter.

The fact that his opponents were not able to capitalize, doesn't make Fedor's recovery great. Neither Fujita or Maldonado are great finishers, anyway. Better fighters would have probably put Fedor sleep in those situations (Mitrione did).
You might be right but I don't take anything from the the Maldonado fight. Fedor was so old and past it at that point.

The Fujita punch was a huge winded up punch that would have KO'ed many others but Fedor still survived and finished him a minute and a half later with that switch kick to the liver, the punches and the RNC.

He also recovered pretty quick when CC put him on slightly wobbly legs, when Randleman slammed him, when HMC teed off on him with GNP.

But you might be right. It might be more heart and determination than anything

Slim Fred

giphy.gif

Dangity, dangity, dang!

Interesting.
When people were asking who is GOAT it seems like after DC's win many people were picking GSP or DC.
Now a thread asking not about general GOAT but just HW GOAT and people say Fedor.
HW GOAT > GOAT?

Back