Better all time HW: DC or Fedor

Fedor fought 1 or 2 tough fights

Z2StFLR.gif

DC would beat him but Fedor was clearly the much more accomplished HW.

Fighters now are more complete and skilled than those of the dark ages of MMA>
I think this is overstated at the top. And when exactly did this new age begin? I really am curious, because I don't know where people see the cutoff when they talk about MMA's evolution. Shit, there's a dude who can barely wrestle in the top 5 of heavyweight right now (was #2 ranked up until Saturday).

Also, these days feel like a dark age of MMA overall. Maybe it's a second Dark Age, I suppose.

People don't want to admit that MMA has evolved overtime. Fighters now are more complete and skilled than those of the dark ages of MMA>
That is only true in the lighter divisions.
Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight are currently worse than ever. Those divisions were deeper and more talented in the 2000s than they are this decade.

DC has better wrestling for sure. He also hits hard in the clinch but so does Fedor. No HW has evolved past Fedor's all around game

World class judo
World Sambo champion
Boxing since childhood
Lightning fast
KO power
Great striking defense
Great leg kicks and switch kicks to liver
Dangerous in clinch
Very good takedowns
Good takedown defense
GOAT ground and pound
Great submissions from top or bottom
Very active and dangerous guard
Great sweeps and reversals
Great cardio
Great recovery when hurt
Will not tap to strikes no matter what
Only tapped to a locked Werdum armbar

DC would be one of Fedor's greatest challenges but Fedor is the most skilled and well rounded HW we have ever seen. Fedor's speed, striking ability and KO power would be too much for DC's forward pressure and "mummy guard."

Last edited:
I think this is overstated at the top. And when exactly did this new age begin? I really am curious, because I don't know where people see the cutoff when they talk about MMA's evolution. Shit, there's a dude who can barely wrestle in the top 5 of heavyweight right now (was #2 ranked up until Saturday).

Also, these days feel like a dark age of MMA overall. Maybe it's a second Dark Age, I suppose.
Fighters who only really knew one discipline.

Most are going to say Fedor accomplished more and all that but DC would still destroy him in a fight.

No, he would not. Also, when comparing who is better all time, you don’t do some hypothetical head to head, you compare actual results and accomplishments.

Fedor by a landslide.

DC has fought many legit and dangerous fighters. Fedor fought 1 or 2 tough fights and fought cans and professional wrestlers with no MMA experience the rest of his career.

Who is better all time?

With that set up, there's only one clear answer.

Your mom.

HW today is trash. lol @ complete fighters, like Black Beast, Ngannou etc.

Guys with their skill-set 12 years ago wouldn’t even be in the top 10-15 at HW let alone both in the top 5. Do people watch MMA (or sports in general) or do they just bash the previous generations and say how todays game is the best ever and everyone is so much better today than before.

That is only true in the lighter divisions.
Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight are currently worse than ever. Those divisions were deeper and more talented in the 2000s than they are this decade.

DC has better wrestling for sure. He also hits hard in the clinch but so does Fedor. No HW has evolved past Fedor's all around game

World class judo
World Sambo champion
Boxing since childhood
Lightning fast
KO power
Great striking defense
Great leg kicks and switch kicks to liver
Very good takedowns
Good takedown defense
GOAT ground and pound
Great submissions from top or bottom
Very active and dangerous guard
Great cardio
Great recovery when hurt
Will not tap to strikes no matter what
Only tapped to a locked Werdum armbar

DC would be one of Fedor's greatest challenges but Fedor is the most skilled and well rounded HW we have ever seen. Fedor's speed, striking ability and KO power would be too much for DC's forward pressure and "mummy guard."

This is gonna be the thread where I get banned I can feel t

Just wait till the Conor ronda era fans land in here and start talking down Fedors wins over prime Nog and Cro cop which are just about the biggest achievements in MMA

No, he would not. Also, when comparing who is better all time, you don’t do some hypothetical head to head, you compare actual results and accomplishments.

Fedor by a landslide.

He would beat Fedor and you fucking know it. Stop living in the past.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

You have to judge by watching their full fights. IMO fedor is better, but people have different opinions

Most are going to say Fedor accomplished more and all that but DC would still destroy him in a fight.
Current Fedor sure. Prime Fedor that's highly debatable.

<36>

0-0 at Heavyweight.

Everyone he fought cut to 205 the day before.

Jones only likes fighting smaller and older fighters. He doesn't have the same courage as Fedor or Black Fedor
By your logic every champion in history who didn't go up in weight must be a pussy then? Just hate on the guys who can make weight in their weight class

Back