Bethesda's 2017 E3 Conference in a nutshell

As an obvious elder scrolls lover, I kinda hate Bethesda lol. Also Screw skyrim, its a great game buts its overrated as hell. Just make ES6 you cans or remaster one of the better elder scrolls.
bethesda-announcing-skyrim-for-a-new-platform-during-e3-2018-23201843.png

e3-2018-introducing-skyrim-for-los-e3-2019-introducing-skyrim-23161585.png

60498157.jpg
aOal3geUDpWOfitAPQqhEIvFeO16IVaf31Jra6DQueU.jpg
some-recent-bethesda-releases-in-order-skyrim-elder-scrolls-online-12565828.png

Last edited:
I'm interested in the creation club. It seems like they will be picky about who they work with. The one thinv they aren't giving details on is compensation for modders. All they've said is they will pay them for certain milestones. But what about a percent of sales? They've said nothing. That would be total bullshit if they don't give a percent under the argument of "you're basically an employee, so you get straight pay, not a percent of sales"

I asked on the Bethesda creation kit forms and have gotten no official responses. I was considering trying to set up an incubator with some friends and try making some mods with Bethesda, but if it's for nothing I won't bother.

Last edited:
Stop buying Skyrim on every platform, and they'll stop re-releasing them on every platform, and get to work on something new.

Paid mods, they can go fuck themselves.

So you'll only pay corparations your money, not individuals with a passion for making game content. You'll shell out $15 for your cod maps but not pay $2 for a complete reshaping of a game.

So you'll only pay corparations your money, not individuals with a passion for making game content. You'll shell out $15 for your cod maps but not pay $2 for a complete reshaping of a game.

I dont pay for map packs in 99.99999 percent of the games I have. I dont buy dlc, because usually its shit. And mods should be free. Anyway, they open the modders up to being recognized by developers.

I do find it cute though, the fact that you think the content creators, who took Skyrim, and aggressively mediocre title from a once incredible developer, and made it one of the best games of 2011, will get anything but pennies for their work with the creator's club.

I dont pay for map packs in 99.99999 percent of the games I have. I dont buy dlc, because usually its shit. And mods should be free. Anyway, they open the modders up to being recognized by developers.

I do find it cute though, the fact that you think the content creators, who took Skyrim, and aggressively mediocre title from a once incredible developer, and made it one of the best games of 2011, will get anything but pennies for their work with the creator's club.

I don't think that. I specifically said I don't know the pay. It's hilarious how dishonest you are. Skyrim is mediocre? Ok ya goof. I wish that were true.

I don't think that. I specifically said I don't know the pay. It's hilarious how dishonest you are. Skyrim is mediocre? Ok ya goof. I wish that were true.

It lacked a lot of the character that was in Oblivion and Morrowind, in my view. For 2011, the character animations were awful, the dialogue was awful, and the combat was quite mediocre. But with about 200 mods, it's an awesome game.

I honestly Oblivion a lot more than Skyrim, it looks better but... Eh.

I would pay $80 for a HD remaster of Oblivion without hesitation.

I honestly Oblivion a lot more than Skyrim, it looks better but... Eh.

I would pay $80 for a HD remaster of Oblivion without hesitation.
It blows my mind when people say Skyrim is the best game ever. Hell its not even the best elder scrolls lol.

Yes it had better graphics than Oblivion (I would hope a game thats 5 years more advanced does), but Skyrim was just so damn bleak and boring, had horrible guilds compared to oblivion, didn't have the fantasy or vibrant feel of oblivion, shallow quests, shallow pool of enemies (pretty much dragaur, wildlife, and bandits), etc.

It blows my mind how anyone can vote skyrim over oblivion, and it further blows my mind people can vote it as one of the goat games. The Witcher III and Oblivion were so much better overall than Skyrim.

Maybe it is to do with my age and place in life whilst playing them, but I loved Morrowind, loved Oblivion and only logged around 20 hours on Skyrim.

I want to love it, I really do, but it is incredibly boring in comparison to the previous two.

Compare the towns and cities of Morrowind to Skyrim.

The two things that I liked about Skyrim were the dragons and that I saw a few things that I didn't expect to see on a technical level from that type of engine.

Speaking of which, from Morrowind to Oblivion, to Fallout 3 to Skyrim, maybe it is just all to familiar? Like GTA: Vice City, to San Andreas, to GTA 4, started to get bored at Lost and Damned, plodded through Ballad of Gay Tony and didn't finish Red Dead Redemption...

They need to let Skyrim go. They are milking a six year old game...

Eh, VR and portable/The Switch are new types of platforms the game hasn't been on, if they announced it for the Scorpio/XBX or PS4 Pro it'd feel more cheap.

It blows my mind when people say Skyrim is the best game ever. Hell its not even the best elder scrolls lol.

Yes it had better graphics than Oblivion (I would hope a game thats 5 years more advanced does), but Skyrim was just so damn bleak and boring, had horrible guilds compared to oblivion, didn't have the fantasy or vibrant feel of oblivion, shallow quests, shallow pool of enemies (pretty much dragaur, wildlife, and bandits), etc.

It blows my mind how anyone can vote skyrim over oblivion, and it further blows my mind people can vote it as one of the goat games. The Witcher III and Oblivion were so much better overall than Skyrim.

The leveling system was completely broken and stupid in Oblivion. Melee was pretty bad in Oblivion. The terrain was boring. It killed replay value just thinking about dealing with the leveling system. Skyrim fixed all that. But the guilds, magic, dialogue, and atmosphere was all better in Oblivion.

Skyrim was arguably the most complete, generally good game ever made. The amount you could do, variety in gameplay, decent leveling system all make it great. I wouldn't blame anyone for liking Oblivion more but Skyrim was less rough around the edges. I enjoyed Oblivion more, once I sat and thought through how to deal with leveling.

Last edited:
The leveling system was completely broken and stupid in Oblivion. Melee was pretty bad in Oblivion. The terrain was boring. It killed replay value just thinking about dealing with the leveling system. Skyrim fixed all that. But the guilds, magic, dialogue, and atmosphere was all better in Oblivion.

Skyrim was arguably the most complete, generally good game ever made. The amount you could do, variety in gameplay, decent leveling system all make it great. I wouldn't blame anyone for liking Oblivion more but Skyrim was less rough around the edges. I enjoyed Oblivion more, once I sat and thought through how to deal with leveling.
To each his own. Overall I feel Witcher 3 is better than both. Best game ever imo

The leveling system was completely broken and stupid in Oblivion. Melee was pretty bad in Oblivion. The terrain was boring. It killed replay value just thinking about dealing with the leveling system. Skyrim fixed all that. But the guilds, dialogue, and atmosphere was all better in Oblivion.

To each his own. Overall I feel Witcher 3 is better than both. Best game ever imo
I felt like Witcher 3 was a waste of money imo. The combat felt like crap. Just couldn't get into it.

Then again I haven't really been able to enjoy a medieval action RPG since Mount and Blade. Amazing how such a simple control setup (up=attack from above, left/right=attack from left or right, down=stab) basically ruined the genre.

Where are you Bannerlord? <2>

Saying Skyrim is mediocre is the same thing as telling someone "I have no credibility in anything I say relating to video games."

Saying Skyrim is mediocre is the same thing as telling someone "I have no credibility in anything I say relating to video games."

Or, you are someone who expected an evolution from Oblivion to the next game, and received something with next to none of the character and unique quality oblivion had. I mean come on, modders had to mod countless little things. Bethesda, a AAA developer, could not even be trusted to make sure snow doesn't go through rooftops............

Or, you are someone who expected an evolution from Oblivion to the next game, and received something with next to none of the character and unique quality oblivion had. I mean come on, modders had to mod countless little things. Bethesda, a AAA developer, could not even be trusted to make sure snow doesn't go through rooftops............

One of the most critically praised and top selling games is, by any objective measure, not mediocre. I cant stand the GTA games, but I wouldn't call them mediocre just because the melee combat sucks.

In fact, the combat in Witcher 3 absolutely blows. It would still be retarded if I said the game was mediocre. A games quality doesnt rest on whether or not snow clips through rooftops sometimes.

Back