Bethesda's 2017 E3 Conference in a nutshell

Yea they are spastic autistic complaints imo. You're whining over nothing. It's a role playing game. You're supposed to role play. Yet you exploit every mechanic and then cry about it. You role play as a whiny game reviewer I guess. All you have to do is change your damn bow, and not level up some skill to the max and your major complaint is gone.

Go play all the other amazing role playing games with guilds, physics, huge explorable worlds, with no bugs, with perfect combat systems. Oh wait that doesn't exist.

Mechanics like crafting should be balanced by the developers to not be immediately exploited with crafting materials that can be bought four feet away. Listen to yourself, dont level up my gear? You're telling me to role play, then ignore a major tenet of role playing, loot progression. Maybe it's not up to me to fix the loot progression? Maybe it's their job to balance it, you know, because they're making the game?

"Go play all the other amazing role playing games with guilds, physics, huge explorable worlds, with no bugs, with perfect combat systems. Oh wait that doesn't exist."

I can actually play that game in large part, it's called Skyrim with 200 mods.

Yeh Bethesda just thinks they can coast on cruise control and do fucking nothing for 10 years because they made some great games.

Some people need to get fired so they can remember what their job is.

Yeh Bethesda just thinks they can coast on cruise control and do fucking nothing for 10 years because they made some great games.

Some people need to get fired so they can remember what their job is.
Their job is to make money. They're making money. So nobody is getting fired until they don't. That's why this happens.

Their job is to make money. They're making money. So nobody is getting fired until they don't. That's why this happens.
Correct. And how much money do you think they make selling remakes of a 6 year old game and stupid little card games. Also not getting themselves any good press or attention from ANYBODY in the gaming community.

now if they made ES6 or even Fallout 5 they would sell MILLIONS & MILLIONS of copies and get some much need good press, money & love. They have a chance to make the company some real big money and get some fans and swagger back and they aren't doing shit because they're entitled and lazy.

If after the release one of those, they feel like wasting another 5 years starting a new IP that they're passionate about, then fine, but they will have the time and the community behind them to do it.

Stating the obvious 101.

Their fans are getting tired, that's the point. Don't milk a cow until it's dead.

I played the game on the hardest difficulty. The combat was still shout-slash-block-slash-shout repeat

The poor nature of much of the quests, in my opinion, is partly due to the dialogue. I mean, you can say 60,000 lines all you want, but if they're poorly delivered and flat, it destroys immersion, and makes me not want to give a shit, the same goes for F04, which I bought on day one, and have yet to beat. The Dark Elven Stronghold, which had like 7 people in it, who I simply sneaked around like idiots, cool.

The crafting system could be cheesed up to level 100. All you needed was the materials for an iron dagger, and farm them. That is not what I would call balance.

They released the Special Edition like 5 years after the original. Even the Special Edition was riddled with bugs. Bethesda does not get a pass because of the modding community.

Cicero was one of the cool, unique characters. Too bad he barely has anything of importance to do, is not fleshed out, and is near the end of an insanely boring slog of a thief guild questline which includes 800 "Loot this horn" quests, given by the phoned in dialogue Mercer Frey, repeated 100 times. Yeah, I played the game.

It was still a great game, but I have high standards from Bethesda, and they have been phoning shit in for years now.

Whoa stop right there....wait, what's that?

Enhance that part right there.

They released the Special Edition like 5 years after the original. Even the Special Edition was riddled with bugs. Bethesda does not get a pass because of the modding community.

Cicero was one of the cool, unique characters. Too bad he barely has anything of importance to do, is not fleshed out, and is near the end of an insanely boring slog of a thief guild questline which includes 800 "Loot this horn" quests, given by the phoned in dialogue Mercer Frey, repeated 100 times. Yeah, I played the game.

It was still a great game, but I have high standards from Bethesda, and they have been phoning shit in for years now.

Enhance again.

Okay, 1 more time and can you clean that up a little bit?

It was still a great game

Compare that to this.
I do find it cute though, the fact that you think the content creators, who took Skyrim, and aggressively mediocre title from a once incredible developer

There it is. We got our guy. That's the fucking stupid hipster.

Seriously, you literally just said it was aggressively mediocre like 1 page ago, and now you're saying it's "great". Who says it had no flaws? Ugh. Just talking to you makes me want to listen to a Justin Beiber song to offset the negative, anti conformist trend you're trying so hard to perpetuate.

Last edited:
Correct. And how much money do you think they make selling remakes of a 6 year old game and stupid little card games. Also not getting themselves any good press or attention from ANYBODY in the gaming community.

now if they made ES6 or even Fallout 5 they would sell MILLIONS & MILLIONS of copies and get some much need good press, money & love. They have a chance to make the company some real big money and get some fans and swagger back and they aren't doing shit because they're entitled and lazy.

If after the release one of those, they feel like wasting another 5 years starting a new IP that they're passionate about, then fine, but they will have the time and the community behind them to do it.

Im wagering theyre making a shit ton of money. Duh.

Do you really think they arent in the process of making another ES game? The development process for their games is notoriously long, and for good reason. Their dollar to playtime ratio absolutely crushes any other single player game or franchise.

I think they're doing this because it makes more profit. It's obviously working well because they haven't needed to go public.
Stating the obvious 101.

Their fans are getting tired, that's the point. Don't milk a cow until it's dead.
Also a fair point. Sooner or later a toll is paid.

Whoa stop right there....wait, what's that?

Enhance that part right there.

Enhance again.

Okay, 1 more time and can you clean that up a little bit?

Compare that to this.

There it is. We got our guy. That's the fucking stupid hipster.

Seriously, you literally just said it was aggressively mediocre like 1 page ago, and now you're saying it's "great". Who says it had no flaws? Ugh. Just talking to you makes me want to listen to a Justin Beiber song to offset the negative, anti conformist trend you're trying so hard to perpetuate.

Mediocre for the series and developer. I guess hoping a developer could evolve and keep up to their standards entitles one to hipster status. Cool. I had no idea hipsters were even a thing anymore, but cool.

They should just build a new engine and remake Morrowind.

Seriously, you literally just said it was aggressively mediocre like 1 page ago,
ENCHANCE

Woah, 1 page ago? The whole thread is one page long to me. You know you can set it to 50 posts a page right????

Mediocre for the series and developer. I guess hoping a developer could evolve and keep up to their standards entitles one to hipster status. Cool. I had no idea hipsters were even a thing anymore, but cool.

This is called backtracking.

Back