Bethesda's 2017 E3 Conference in a nutshell

One of the most critically praised and top selling games is, by any objective measure, not mediocre. I cant stand the GTA games, but I wouldn't call them mediocre just because the melee combat sucks.

In fact, the combat in Witcher 3 absolutely blows. It would still be retarded if I said the game was mediocre. A games quality doesnt rest on whether or not snow clips through rooftops sometimes.

GTA V and The Witcher did not fall incredibly short in so many areas like Skyrim did. By ES standards, it was mediocre as fuck, quite like Fallout 4 was.

Shit combat
shit quests (for the most part)
shit dialogue
shit leveling that made stealth and archery an absurdly easy choice, and op as hell
shit guilds
a massive amount of bugs
and a general lack of character previous installments had.

GTA V and The Witcher did not fall incredibly short in so many areas like Skyrim did. By ES standards, it was mediocre as fuck, quite like Fallout 4 was.

Shit combat
shit quests (for the most part)
shit dialogue
shit leveling that made stealth and archery an absurdly easy choice, and op as hell
shit guilds
a massive amount of bugs

You're such a woman. People like you give gamers their beta whiney image. I feel gross even reading this.

I hate when gamers purposely exploit the shit out of games and then cry things aren't balanced. Have some self control.

Last edited:
I'm feeling more positive towards the creation club. I quite like the idea of modders being rewarded for their work, plus the money incentive should mean more people modding and creating bigger and better mods.

Morrowind is the GOAT elderscrolls game.
If I could get a remaster it would be daggerfall though, the scope and size of the game was huge.

You're such a woman. People like you give gamers their beta whiney image. I feel gross even reading this.

I hate when gamers purposely exploit the shit out of games and then cry things aren't balanced. Have some self control.

Step back everyone, we've got an alpha gamer!!! He doesn't need to critique my points, because he's so alpha!!!! alpha!!! alpha!! He's so alpha he doesn't even need to shower!!

Step back everyone, we've got an alpha gamer!!! He doesn't need to critique my points, because he's so alpha!!!! alpha!!! alpha!! He's so alpha he doesn't even need to shower!!
Saying "shit" over and over isn't making a point.

Saying "shit" over and over isn't making a point.

Simplified combat
poorly designed quests (for the most part)
simplistic dialogue
terrible leveling that made stealth and archery an absurdly easy choice, and op as hell
uninspired and simplistic guilds
a massive amount of bugs

There, your trigger word is gone...........

Simplified combat
simplistic dialogue
terrible leveling that made stealth and archery an absurdly easy choice, and op as hell
a massive amount of bugs

You're whole premise is dumb from the start by saying average "for a Bethesda game." That's like saying it's just an average Blizzard game. So you're already admitting it's essentially at the pinnacle of the gaming world and not average in any way which is what I laughed at earlier.

I'm sick of responding to spastic haters because you never end. But I'll be quick. The combat improved immensely over Oblivion. It's not debatable. Unless youre talking magic, where that would be a real complaint. Magic was interesting in Skyrim but had flaws. Poorly defined quests is an opinion. I thought The random quests were pretty respectable. The leveling system was immensely improved over Oblivion. Again it's not even up for debate. I made a stealth character. There are ways to limit yourself. But perhaps more importantly I made other builds as well. This is just a goofy and autistic argument. Guilds were pretty much agreed upon as being worse than Oblivion. It is a big flaw, but there is much more to the game.

Last edited:
You're whole premise is dumb from the start by saying average "for a Bethesda game." That's like saying it's just an average Blizzard game. So you're already admitting it's essentially at the pinnacle of the gaming world and not average in any way which is what I laughed at earlier.

I'm sick of responding to spastic haters because you never end. But I'll be quick. The combat improved immensely over Oblivion. It's not debatable. Poorly defined quests is an opinion. I thought The random quests were pretty respectable. The leveling system was immensely improved over Oblivion. Again it's not even up for debate. I made a stealth character. There are ways to limit yourself. But perhaps more importantly I made other builds as well. This is just a goofy and autistic argument. Guilds were pretty much agreed upon as being worse than Oblivion. It is a big flaw, but there is much more to the game.

I stated my opinions, you state that this is all opinions, yet call my opinions autistic. I had extremely high expectations for Skyrim, and it came, like FO4, nowhere near what was needed. They released an extremely buggy title. I played it on 360 and pc. Modders fixed the problems Bethesda never did, but I guess I'm just spastic, right? It's not like they were lazy enough to even make a crafting system that can be cheesed by making iron daggers or anything like that, right?

The combat improved immensely over Oblivion. It's not debatable.
I really thought it got worse. Skyrim's melee combat feels clunky and unresponsive to me compared to Oblivion. Obviously, Oblivion's melee system had flaws like the annoying staggering, but it felt much better overall and it had something i haven't seen in a game before(that i can remember) where your attack animations changed to reflect your skill increases.

About the only thing i can think of that Skyrim's melee combat added are the kill animations.

I'm sick of responding to spastic haters because you never end. But I'll be quick. The combat improved immensely over Oblivion. It's not debatable. Unless youre talking magic, where that would be a real complaint. Magic was interesting in Skyrim but had flaws. Poorly defined quests is an opinion. I thought The random quests were pretty respectable. The leveling system was immensely improved over Oblivion. Again it's not even up for debate. I made a stealth character. There are ways to limit yourself. But perhaps more importantly I made other builds as well. This is just a goofy and autistic argument. Guilds were pretty much agreed upon as being worse than Oblivion. It is a big flaw, but there is much more to the game.
It's unfathomable to me that anyone finds this a controversial statement.

Bunch of milk drinkers ITT.

Skyrim is beautiful to me. It pretty much nails the Nordic vibe, it's supposed to be dark and bleak.

No character?
<DisgustingHHH>

Bunch of milk drinkers ITT.

Skyrim is beautiful to me. It pretty much nails the Nordic vibe, it's supposed to be dark and bleak.

No character?
<DisgustingHHH>
i didnt know these people existed. skyrim is a 10/10 game

I stated my opinions, you state that this is all opinions, yet call my opinions autistic. I had extremely high expectations for Skyrim, and it came, like FO4, nowhere near what was needed. They released an extremely buggy title. I played it on 360 and pc. Modders fixed the problems Bethesda never did, but I guess I'm just spastic, right? It's not like they were lazy enough to even make a crafting system that can be cheesed by making iron daggers or anything like that, right?

Yea they are spastic autistic complaints imo. You're whining over nothing. It's a role playing game. You're supposed to role play. Yet you exploit every mechanic and then cry about it. You role play as a whiny game reviewer I guess. All you have to do is change your damn bow, and not level up some skill to the max and your major complaint is gone.

Go play all the other amazing role playing games with guilds, physics, huge explorable worlds, with no bugs, with perfect combat systems. Oh wait that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Yeah it shouldn't even be up for debate lol

Anything can be debated. Just like how you can sue for anything. But it's a waste of time. It's like someone calling GTA5 average. They really think the shooting mechanics of GTA2 and the top down view are the way to go. Yea go ahead and argue that. Have fun. It's like someone asking me to prove boobs are good. They really prefer bags of sand.

Last edited:
Simplified combat
simplistic dialogue
a massive amount of bugs

- Nope, wrong. Play it on the harder difficulty then say its "oversimplified" you have to know when to parry and reposte, when to guard and when to use shouts and magic.

- What was designed poorly about the quests? Did you even play Skyrim? A lot of them were cool AF. Like going to see Paarthurnax, traveling to Sovngarde and one of the main quests which has you infiltrate the Dark Elves stronghold. Just a few examples.

- Again what was simplistic provide an argument. Skyrim has over 60,000 lines of dialogue. Apparently that is "shit and simplistic.". Or are you talking about taking an arrow to the knee?

- Lots of things are OP in Skyrim like crafting and smithing and enchanting. Name any other RPG that doesn't involve grinding to make your toons OP as hell in either J or W RPG. Turn the difficulty up if you dont like it.

- The guilds were pretty whack I'll give you that. The Dark Brotherhood made up for the shit tier Fighter and Thieves guilds though.

- A massive amount of bugs? Nope. An unreasonable amount? Sure. Did your forget what game you are playing? The engine might be outdated but the size, scope and freedom in ES games, you have to expect not every nook and cranny is playtested.

- Lack of character? I'll Fus Roh Da you right off the Throat of the world until you hit Cicero right on his head. Plenty of interesting characters and companions. Again did you even play this game?

The evil within
Doom
Wolfenstien
And soon to be quake

Will be bethesda games ill have played in the past 2 years ish

- Nope, wrong. Play it on the harder difficulty then say its "oversimplified" you have to know when to parry and reposte, when to guard and when to use shouts and magic.

- What was designed poorly about the quests? Did you even play Skyrim? A lot of them were cool AF. Like going to see Paarthurnax, traveling to Sovngarde and one of the main quests which has you infiltrate the Dark Elves stronghold. Just a few examples.

- Again what was simplistic provide an argument. Skyrim has over 60,000 lines of dialogue. Apparently that is "shit and simplistic.". Or are you talking about taking an arrow to the knee?

- Lots of things are OP in Skyrim like crafting and smithing and enchanting. Name any other RPG that doesn't involve grinding to make your toons OP as hell in either J or W RPG. Turn the difficulty up if you dont like it.

- The guilds were pretty whack I'll give you that. The Dark Brotherhood made up for the shit tier Fighter and Thieves guilds though.

- A massive amount of bugs? Nope. An unreasonable amount? Sure. Did your forget what game you are playing? The engine might be outdated but the size, scope and freedom in ES games, you have to expect not every nook and cranny is playtested.

- Lack of character? I'll Fus Roh Da you right off the Throat of the world until you hit Cicero right on his head. Plenty of interesting characters and companions. Again did you even play this game?

I played the game on the hardest difficulty. The combat was still shout-slash-block-slash-shout repeat

The poor nature of much of the quests, in my opinion, is partly due to the dialogue. I mean, you can say 60,000 lines all you want, but if they're poorly delivered and flat, it destroys immersion, and makes me not want to give a shit, the same goes for F04, which I bought on day one, and have yet to beat. The Dark Elven Stronghold, which had like 7 people in it, who I simply sneaked around like idiots, cool.

The crafting system could be cheesed up to level 100. All you needed was the materials for an iron dagger, and farm them. That is not what I would call balance.

They released the Special Edition like 5 years after the original. Even the Special Edition was riddled with bugs. Bethesda does not get a pass because of the modding community.

Cicero was one of the cool, unique characters. Too bad he barely has anything of importance to do, is not fleshed out, and is near the end of an insanely boring slog of a thief guild questline which includes 800 "Loot this horn" quests, given by the phoned in dialogue Mercer Frey, repeated 100 times. Yeah, I played the game.

It was still a great game, but I have high standards from Bethesda, and they have been phoning shit in for years now.

Back