Best Russian Heavyweight is still not in UFC....

The Problem with Minakov is: he has still 8 Fights left on his Contract with Bellator. He said he gets only 20.000/ Fight and is
dissatisfied, the Fight Camp coast so much. BTW: In FNG he gets 100.000/Fight, he asked not for much he wanna get Paid like the other Top Fighters. After he compete a couple times in FNG he speak out with Scott Coker and they offered him a place in the Grand Prix Tournament, but than came the rumour that he is in talks with UFC and Bellator rejected all. His biggest Problem is he has not a Manager and he cant speak english to clear the Problem with Scott Coker.
Sry for my bad english <Lmaoo>

For Russian Fans Minakov very good Interview:

Worth mentioning that he's also the former Bellator champ (was stripped for inactivity), and he has already beaten names like Bigfoot Silva, Cheick Kongo, Peter Graham, Tony Johnson, Josh Copeland and of course Volkov, who he knocked out in the first round.

wow i wasn't sold on this guy until i found out he KO'd volkov

Well i remember this Guy,why the Fuck the ufc dont sign him?? Undefeated Big russian Sound pretty markettable and entertraining to me

Well i remember this Guy,why the Fuck the ufc dont sign him?? Undefeated Big russian Sound pretty markettable and entertraining to me
They can't. He's under contract with Bellator who was paying him 20k and doesn't want to review that.

yeh he should be
usa_today_10810529.0.jpg

Vitaly Minakov

21-0, 19 Finishes

Four time Sports Sambo World champion

method=get&s=vitaly-minakov-rock-bottom-gof.gif

In comparison, Fedor is a four time 'Combat' Sambo World champion. He fought Nogueira for his 22nd fight in PRIDE. I feel like this guy is ready for a big fight for his 22nd fight as well. This guy has better wrestling than Fedor, taller, and bigger. He is also undefeated for 8 years and counting.

Vitaly Minakov

21-0, 19 Finishes

In comparison, Fedor is a four time 'Combat' Sambo World champion. He fought Nogueira for his 22nd fight in PRIDE. I feel like this guy is ready for a big fight for his 22nd fight as well. This guy has better wrestling than Fedor, taller, and bigger. He is also undefeated for 8 years and counting.

Thanks, Sherbro! I had never heard of him until now.

Ufc could probably buy out his bellator contract, but they wont. They have the brock ppv #s on thuer mind, not having the best fighters. They can hyoe anyone to make them seen great.

Ufc could probably buy out his bellator contract, but they wont. They have the brock ppv #s on thuer mind, not having the best fighters. They can hyoe anyone to make them seen great.
There is rumor that Minakov's contract cost around 100000+ or 200000+ but since Minakov was saying something along the lines that in Bellator Kimbo and Lashley gotten paid 100000 or more than that and he wants Bellator to pay him as much money for a fights I don't think UFC will help him. I mean, they will spend like a 200000-300000 for a guy who might be past his prime and might look bad/average in his fights. Also, I think I've seen comments that in his last fights it's still looks like that either his knee of leg is damaged.
If I was hiring talents for UFC I would say fuck no, let's get someone younger and cheaper.

Typically contracts have a duration attached. You can't have the rights forever. I'd lean more towards UFC low balling at this point.
I might be wrong but I think I read that Bellator's contracts are almost a copy of UFC's contracts. How I remember it, in them your contract expires in few years after your retirement, if you are an active fighter like Minakov (he is active, he fights in promotion founded by his manager) then you are basically locked forever or until promotion decides to release you. I think that what I've read in multiple articles on sites like bloodyelbow.

This guy is fighting this weekend. Hopefully he knocks Kongo's block off, and smash Bader if Bader doesn't duck him.

Russians care about American sport promotions about as much as Americans care about Russian sport promotions.

Minakov is not only the best Russian HW in MMA......Minakov is the BEST HW in MMA period, any nationality, and I been saying that on here for more than 4 years.

People only know UFC and their fail hype machines. Minakov is millions of skill levels above anyone in UFC, and he would beat any guy on the entire UFC roster.
Dude gets wrecked in the ufc.

The sad fact is Americans the UFCs main fan base don't care for Russians, other wise there would be hundreds of them on the roster

I think this is somewhat of a myth. If a guy is good, people will tune in. Otherwise anderson silva would never be a star. It doesnt guarantee mainstream popularity status but thats the same for american fighters too.

There are many more russians ready to be signed by the UFC they are taking over.

He is GOOOD he was in Bellator and he beat Volkov easy. Or the UFC scouts suck, or they haven't gave Minakov a good deal.

It's like they purposely don't want to improve the HW division or something.

The UFC scouts really do suck. They have a shit development program too. All they have to do is go to poor countries and offer their olympic judo guys/boxers to come to the US and train MMA and thats it.

The above is the main problem. UFC does not want to spend the money to develop/attract talent. Where as in the past, sambo world champs and talent like Fedor, his brother, sergei kharitonov, and bjj guys like nogueira, werdum world class kickboxers like mark hunt, mirko cro cop, semmy schilt were flocking to PRIDE.

Vitaly Minakov

21-0, 19 Finishes

He's not only best russian HW, he's the best HW in the world.

Back