Best Russian Heavyweight is still not in UFC....

Didn't he also beat the shit out of Fedor in Sambo too?

Edit: Sorry that was the Bulgarian Blagoi Ivanov. He also needs to be in the UFC.

UFC doesn't seem to have a great track record in signing the top Eastern European talent...... Fedor, Minakov, Ivanov, Kharitonov, etc.

Would like to see guys like Yusupov, Frolov, Kunchenko, Nemkov, and a few others in the UFC as well.

Or make a UFC vs M-1 Event :p

Minakov (21-0) vs Stipe
Yusupov (9-0) vs Cormier
Frolov (10-0) vs Whittaker
Kunchenko (17-0) vs Khabib/Tony winner
Ismagulov (15-2) vs Holloway
Dalgiev (10-1) vs TJ
Minakov and Yusupov aren't M-1 fighter.
Maybe Kunchenko too (he signed with PFL).

UFC needs better scouts. He would be in the ufc now if he’s American
You don't seriously think that the UFC doesn't know who he is, do you?

Minakov isn't in the UFC because:
A. His Bellator contract
B. He makes better money overseas

Sure, you can blame the UFC for not buying him out of Bellator and throwing money his way, but that isn't a scouting issue.

There has been a new thread about this literally every day. He is under contract with Bellator, and not fulfilling it, choosing to fight outside of the US. The UFC can't sign him.

Another daily "why isn't Minakov in the UFC" thread here

Always has

This…

Plus it’s not the ufc fault he is not ere…he won’t fight out his contract in Bellator and would rather fight average hw outside the top 15 in m1 or whatever Europe org he fights in…

This…

Plus it’s not the ufc fault he is not ere…he won’t fight out his contract in Bellator and would rather fight average hw outside the top 15 in m1 or whatever Europe org he fights in…

Can't really blame him. He was getting like 20K a fight in Bellator. He's probably 6 figures in Russia.

Can't really blame him. He was getting like 20K a fight in Bellator. He's probably 6 figures in Russia.

Sure but the neckbeards here need to understand it’s not the ufc’s fault for not signing him. He is choosing to fight fighters outside the top 15 in Europe.

Miocic is reigning on a wasteland and this guy is not even signed...

Yeah, Minakov could be a good signing.

He is GOOOD he was in Bellator and he beat Volkov easy. Or the UFC scouts suck, or they haven't gave Minakov a good deal.

It's like they purposely don't want to improve the HW division or something.

UFC doesn't seem to have a great track record in signing the top Eastern European talent...... Fedor, Minakov, Ivanov, Kharitonov, etc.

Would like to see guys like Yusupov, Frolov, Kunchenko, Nemkov, and a few others in the UFC as well.

Or make a UFC vs M-1 Event :p

Minakov (21-0) vs Stipe
Yusupov (9-0) vs Cormier
Frolov (10-0) vs Whittaker
Kunchenko (17-0) vs Khabib/Tony winner
Ismagulov (15-2) vs Holloway
Dalgiev (10-1) vs TJ

Why is it they can sign a bunch of Dagestanis but can't ethnic Russians?

How have I not seen this guy fight...I feel ashamed to call myself a big mma fan

Vitaly might well be the best heavyweight in the world, and I have ALWAYS wanted him in the UFC since I saw him knockout Volkov and win the Bellator belt.

However, the UFC does not pay a lot for new fighters, and he makes great money, and is not tested, in Russia. That, plus the Bellator contract issue, which ended poorly for the UFC with Rampage Jackson, sadly keeps what is possibly the Baddest Man on the Planet from the UFC. Him versus Stipe would be lightning, assuming Minakov trains hard.

unfortunately, greedy UFC will rather hire some soccermoms and fill cards with WMMA at a lower cost

Back