Best Russian Heavyweight is still not in UFC....

He should be in the UFC last I heard they were in talks, but silence since then...not sure if it was due to the Bellator contract or standard UFC low ball but I have been saying for years that he should be fighting the top of the food chain and I feel he would be the king.

idiots put down Miocic's impressive resume, but rave about Minakov who's beaten no one - go figure

Interestingly the only guy to finish Volkov via strikes. Have em rematch in Russia.
Boom

Not the UFC's problem, he refuses to fight out his Bellator contract. Would rather can crush in the far east for bigger money than challenge himself. inb4 he beat Bigfoot who hasn't won in like a decade.

Well, he did destroy Volkov when they fought.

Impressive. Would like to see him tested in the UFC... Heavyweight is looking better with some new blood.

Can't really blame him. He was getting like 20K a fight in Bellator. He's probably 6 figures in Russia.
There were info from Russian sports site (from 2017, I think) that Minakov receives 3 millions of roubles for a fight - it's around 47000 in dollars.

I'm sure the UFC talent grabbers are aware of who he is. There's probably reasons why he's not in the UFC. They can't just pick up any fighter they want all the time. It's not a slave auction

He's not here because

We don't want him

#generic

The sad fact is Americans the UFCs main fan base don't care for Russians, other wise there would be hundreds of them on the roster
??? I love the Russian fighters. Americans root against their own. Idk what your saying lol. Surely you dont mean every American?

Vitaly Minakov

21-0, 19 Finishes

Four time Sports Sambo World champion

method=get&s=vitaly-minakov-rock-bottom-gof.gif

In comparison, Fedor is a four time 'Combat' Sambo World champion. He fought Nogueira for his 22nd fight in PRIDE. I feel like this guy is ready for a big fight for his 22nd fight as well. This guy has better wrestling than Fedor, taller, and bigger. He is also undefeated for 8 years and counting.

looks like a fixed fight, guy doesnt even hit his head and is "limp"

I'm sure the UFC talent grabbers are aware of who he is. There's probably reasons why he's not in the UFC. They can't just pick up any fighter they want all the time. It's not a slave auction
He has a contract with Bellator. He can't fight for UFC. Every month some idiot in Sherdog opens a thread talking about Minakov like they were the first to find gold, when in fact UFC matchmakers definitely know about him, any hardcore does.

Minakov is not only the best Russian HW in MMA......Minakov is the BEST HW in MMA period, any nationality, and I been saying that on here for more than 4 years.

People only know UFC and their fail hype machines. Minakov is millions of skill levels above anyone in UFC, and he would beat any guy on the entire UFC roster.

Well said. Agree completely

He should be in the UFC last I heard they were in talks, but silence since then...not sure if it was due to the Bellator contract or standard UFC low ball but I have been saying for years that he should be fighting the top of the food chain and I feel he would be the king.

Typically contracts have a duration attached. You can't have the rights forever. I'd lean more towards UFC low balling at this point.

Fedors brother looking better than ever, maybe roids, coming off a win over Gonzaga

Sergey Pavlovich = undefeated/ good chin and dynamite hands.

He likes to fight cans and built that undefeated record while people lable his the goat just like the last Russian

Back