Best Films 2017

It was a greek tragedy and brilliant.
What did u think was brilliant about it? Nothing is explained or even mentioned about the greek tragedy. Im genuinely interested what you enjoyed about this. The errie setting was the only good thing for me

What did u think was brilliant about it? Nothing is explained or even mentioned about the greek tragedy. Im genuinely interested what you enjoyed about this. The errie setting was the only good thing for me

Response in spoiler just in case people want to see it.

It's about a man being forced to take responsibility for his actions. He needs to accept punishment for killing the boy's father but insists he was not a fault. When his kids are the ones made to suffer he must make the choice to kill one of them in order to break the spell on them. It's actually based on Euripides’s Iphigenia in Aulis.

They mentioned the Greek tragedy in the school when Colin Farel met the principal. What needs to be explained? The movie is pretty clear besides one thing.

Not trying to argue, what went over my head? Nothing is explained and the greek tragedy angle was never once even mentioned. The sickness is just randon and not explained what so ever. If this is supoosed to be something more or supernatural, they should have done a much better job trying to incinuate this instead of just expecting the audience to know whats going on

The Greek tragedy is mentioned. The sickness is real and the only question is how it happened. Did he have powers? Was it the power of suggestion? Poison?

Why does the source of the sickness need to be explained? That doesn’t matter. The film is about Colin Farrel’s Punishment and getting even.

The Greek tragedy is mentioned. The sickness is real and the only question is how it happened. Did he have powers? Was it the power of suggestion? Poison?

Why does the source of the sickness need to be explained? That doesn’t matter. The film is about Colin Farrel’s Punishment and getting even.

Looking over a huge plot point of the movie (the sickness) and ignoring how it happened is pretty stupid and why I didnt like the film. I understand its supposed to be a metaphor, I just didnt like the way it was done. I liked the weird vibe throughout though and that what kept me watching, it just didnt pay off for me.

Back