Best boxing movie?

Thanks for sharing , as far as talent , I've always been perplexed how you can have a beast during practice and really below average during competition,
I guess the saying be careful where your talent takes you where your character can't handle

if you're talking about how boxers or other athletes may be brilliant in training but normal in their arena, that does happen. Usually that's mental, they say sparring partners who've made a career out of being the underling have a hard time excelling because they are used to being the underdog. Many fighters have been the opposite, Ali was the most obvious, looked terrible in training and fought to his ability in fights. Bobby Chacon was another one.

lol all joking aside Warrior was a really good movie with good performances by Joel Edgerton, Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte. Anyone on here watch Kingdom? Really good show surprisingly.

I've never seen Kingdom. But you're right, Warrior was a really well-made MMA movie. It was more about the characters than the fighting, and the actors really were top-notch. Nick Nolte was especially good, as he pretty much always has been.

gladiator and girlfight were fun, my gf will watch those with me. add million dollar baby to that list as well :)

I've never seen Kingdom. But you're right, Warrior was a really well-made MMA movie. It was more about the characters than the fighting, and the actors really were top-notch. Nick Nolte was especially good, as he pretty much always has been.

That's how Kingdom is, more about the characters and family, also about stuff that regional fighters go through trying to make it to the big stage. It's really good, on audience on directv on Wednesdays.

That's how Kingdom is, more about the characters and family, also about stuff that regional fighters go through trying to make it to the big stage. It's really good, on audience on directv on Wednesdays.

Watched it and it was horrible , if character acting and actual storyline is what you are looking for , there are other better options , thanks for the suggestion though

I am really curious how hands of stone turn out

[YT]5D9MfljoBLo[/YT]

This movie is pretty good if you don't mind reading subtitles

It's about the life of Korean boxer Kim Duk-koo. The fighter who died following his match with Ray Mancini

The new movie Southpaw was pretty awesome I gotta say that's my favorite Boxing movie now.

The sylvestor stillon starer boxing moving is releasing this sunday. Hope so it would be the greatest

if you're talking about how boxers or other athletes may be brilliant in training but normal in their arena, that does happen. Usually that's mental, they say sparring partners who've made a career out of being the underling have a hard time excelling because they are used to being the underdog. Many fighters have been the opposite, Ali was the most obvious, looked terrible in training and fought to his ability in fights. Bobby Chacon was another one.

If I recall, Ali would intentionally put himself in situations where he was weakest, in training, so he could work on those skills. Smart dude.

If I recall, Ali would intentionally put himself in situations where he was weakest, in training, so he could work on those skills. Smart dude.

Only Ali could do those types of things. Eddie Futch said that he went to look at the young Clay in the early sixties to see if he could back his talk up. He wasn't too impressed but did see the speed and more importantly, the heart which he became known for. He said he was sparring with guys who could hurt you and he had his characteristic hands down to his hips. Ali also was kindhearted and rarely showed his mean streak in sparring, this gave Holmes the impression that he was better than ali in 75 and he told a reporter "I'm the real champ, Ali just has the belt". Well, Ali's people told him about it and Ali put a whupping on Holmes that he never forgot. I also read that Ali beat on his younger brother, Rahman, to try and discourage him from going further in pro boxing. Outside of that, Ali was rarely a mean guy and then too, his laziness was getting to him as he got older and he just didn't want to exert himself (common with all athletes).

The Korean film Crying Fist is great, and it is up on youtube. +1 for Harder They Fall. The documentary Boxing Gym is s l o w but good too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back