Best BJJ kimono

What about an update on these? Am looking into getting another Gi. Have Double Weave Atama, like it very much. Just need an additional one, want to try something else. I was thinking and suggested Kagi, but am also interested in peoples experience with Sirius. I was thinking about getting a lighter one, for when the weather gets hot, but its probably a better idea to just stick with the stronger tougher ones, because im used to them and they are a pain for opponents. Just curious about what people recomend for a comfortable, yet tough gi with a nice collar. I like a plain gi for the most part, with maybe a patch or logo. Any recent insights would be great, as gi's change style constantly. The double i have seems less scracty than a classmates gold weave.. But i have one of, if not the toughest collar to avoid chokes in the class with my double. Will probably try to get another nice tough one now, and then get a cooler one in the summer to roate in.. Suggestions on either would be appreciated.

We call Gameness and HCK "cheater's gis". They're so god damn heavy you can't grab them and the collars are so thick you can half ass your neck defense. (please, no one cry about this, it is said light heartedly).

I like Atama and Koral. I have the Mundial Atama and its a nice weight and quality is great. The Koral collars hold up better if you train in the same gi everyday like I do, but the Atama has been going strong for probaly close to a year now with no rips or tears on the top and bottom.

Get what you like and what fits you the best.

just go with an atama they get the job done

If you're just starting out, I recommend the HCK gi as it's cheap and you don't know how long you will stick with it for. I have an Atama and Gameness gi's. The Atama is nice but the Gameness is way better. You can get a good deal on a Gameness gi on ebay if you decide to go that route. Hope this helps.

in my experience the koral gis are the most comfortable and only cost a little more than the rest.

This thread was revived by me, posing a similar question. I am not just starting out, I have an Atama double weave that i'm very pleased with. I appreciate the input so far, very helpful. I've been using http://www.jokerjitsu.com/gi/ as a guide so far, but would like as up to date info as possible, since Gi's are always changing. My double weave is sort of that "cheaters gi" and i like it for it heh. I really do appreciate the quick feedback fellas, any experience with Kagi or Sirius? Taking all this into consideration, just figured i'd search for a couple days before investing in my next kimono.. After all, we all want a comfortable, durable, and functional gi to roll in. I've heard the HCK, Gameness, and Sirius mentioned in the same breath, I dont want to spend a fortune,(i will pay $$ for a good gi thats worth it) just looking for best for buck.. Like I said.. I'll get another tough one, and wait till summer to get a lighter one. The more feedback the merrier, thanks for replies. Heard much about Koral as well.. just heard there were just as good options for a little less money.

I LOVE my Koral MKM competition. its by far the best gi I own.

sproggdawg said:
I LOVE my Koral MKM competition. its by far the best gi I own.

How much do they run.. I see one on Ebay thats startin at 65 with shipping, and what a find its my size.. Is this a good deal for it? I see them other places for well over 100.. Would there be some catch on Ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/Koral-Kimono-Gi...ryZ73986QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also seems a little loud.. I mean it looks cool, but I can put Bleach in with my Atama because of limited patchwork, seems like that might fuck up the koral?

Hell yeah thats a good deal, I paid 155 for mine. Like i said, if you get it then you wont regret it. I own an HCK, two Koral's, and an Atama, and I my MKM is by far my favorite. It is a little louder than a Koral classic, but no worse than a Gameness platinum. I dont bleach my Gi's so i dont know about that but I can find out.

the older Machado Kimonos are the best! the newer models are pretty decent too...

Vulkan for hot days, Korals are great.

Atamas are very good, but tends to open up a lot.

Dragaos are the worse gi i've ever owned.

KF Kimonos are great also.

get the basic koral... the MKM comp. gi is exactly the same but with patches...

my top three are
1. M Kimonos
2. Koral/
3 Vulkan

i hear the japanese people make great gis, I've heard Isami is awesome. but its 105 plus like 60 to ship to the states

OK i just say the ebay auction. you better jump on that

Yeah? that looks pretty legit on Ebay right? I wonder why so cheap.. Seems like their legit mkm right? I'd honestly rather without all the patchwork, but a good deal is a good deal if everything is legit. The "classic white" is also with almost as many patches, except for on the back..

Is it really the Ebay one really the same as this:

http://jiujitsuprogear.com//product...d=283&osCsid=901a291a8908e98da2026f293e26d92c

sproggdawg said:
Hell yeah thats a good deal, I paid 155 for mine. Like i said, if you get it then you wont regret it. I own an HCK, two Koral's, and an Atama, and I my MKM is by far my favorite. It is a little louder than a Koral classic, but no worse than a Gameness platinum. I dont bleach my Gi's so i dont know about that but I can find out.

that'd be much appreciated, as is your feedback.

Glad I can help. The only difference between the MKM and the Classic is technically just the patches, But I swear mine is a bit softer than my classic. The classic only has small Koral patches on the shoulders. The MKM has a large one on the front and back, two large ones on the shoulders, and one on each side of the pants. I dont mind this because Im sold on Koral as a company and own not only a couple of their gis' but also 6 or 7 of their t-shirts and a couple belts. Everything I have is super high quality and Im to the point now where I wont buy from anyone else. The deal on Ebay is so good that im considering buying another MKM tonight. Hes got numerous sizes and colors and hes selling the MKM for cheaper than you can buy a classic. Ill find out about the bleaching for you but It will be tomorrow before i know.

sproggdawg said:
Glad I can help. The only difference between the MKM and the Classic is technically just the patches, But I swear mine is a bit softer than my classic. The classic only has small Koral patches on the shoulders. The MKM has a large one on the front and back, two large ones on the shoulders, and one on each side of the pants. I dont mind this because Im sold on Koral as a company and own not only a couple of their gis' but also 6 or 7 of their t-shirts and a couple belts. Everything I have is super high quality and Im to the point now where I wont buy from anyone else. The deal on Ebay is so good that im considering buying another MKM tonight. Hes got numerous sizes and colors and hes selling the MKM for cheaper than you can buy a classic. Ill find out about the bleaching for you but It will be tomorrow before i know.

Thanks, I only saw he had a couple of models, hope no one else grabs the size I want heh.. But if he does have many models I wonder if he has the classc white... hmm..

Doesnt look like it, just the red and white MKM. No worries though, I wont snatch the white out from under you:icon_chee .

Back