Best big Asian fighter ever?

Unless you’re talking about sumo can you say Asian and big in the same sentence?
hahaha
Sumo wrestling is one of the strangest forms of competitive fighting on this planet.
It's like, so funny because they are super respected in Japan.
They take it real seriously too. Over here, being a fat slobby cunt is a past-time of eating crappy junk food, spending hours in front of the telly watching Eastenders and swigging obscene amounts of crappy watered down lagers that somehow pass as good alcohol.
The Japanese sumo wrestling community make a considerated effort and with the utmost discipline to train in the art of fattery.

Saku imho. Considering some of the names that are up there I'm surprised no one mentioned Chonan.

Misaki or Okami imo in terms of pure skill. Sakuraba in terms of accomplishment.

It is crazy to me, nobody thought to mention Sakurai.

From the OP "Strange that not one single 170-205lber from Japan or Korea has emerged in the last decade who can even remotely be in the discussion for the top10"

From another post TS made in the thread "By big I mean bigger than a lightweight. Sakuraba was pretty big for an Asian, way thicker and bigger frame than guys as Aoki or Gomi. As Misaki or current WWs as KTaro, Leech or Kim. Obviously way outsized by the legit LHWs he faced."

Sakurai spent the majority of his career fighting at WW.

From the OP "Strange that not one single 170-205lber from Japan or Korea has emerged in the last decade who can even remotely be in the discussion for the top10"

From another post TS made in the thread "By big I mean bigger than a lightweight. Sakuraba was pretty big for an Asian, way thicker and bigger frame than guys as Aoki or Gomi. As Misaki or current WWs as KTaro, Leech or Kim. Obviously way outsized by the legit LHWs he faced."

old thread..lmao, didnt remember that he went that low...

Okami was my favorite. Sakuraba had the best career.

Yeah it's crazy Sakurai wasn't mentioned as well. Kikuta also had a solid career fighting from WW up to HW.

Sakuraba
Okami
Misaki
Dong Kim
Kaz Nakamura

Special mention to Kondo.
Strange that not one single 170-205lber from Japan or Korea has emerged in the last decade who can even remotely be in the discussion for the top10

EDIT (picks by posters):
Gono
Cung Le
Fujita
Yoshida
Kiyoshi Tamura
Kondo
Kosaka
Akiyama
Funaki
Minowaman
Minoru Suzuki
Li "The Leech"
Ken Hasegawa
Aung La Nsang
Hyun Gyu Lim
Tae Hyun Lee
Kiuma Kunioku
Oyama
Hong Man Choi
Nobuhiko Takada
Aori Gele
Takayama
Mu Bae Choi
no doo ho choi?

well Gomi or Aoki also fought at WW...and are about the same size as Sakurai. Sakurai was a WW in an era with pretty much no cutting weight. He would clearly be a LW in modern day.

This guy had a pretty decent run going for him at openweight for a while;

Back