Berkley Mayor is a member of Antifa group

There needs to a sizable police presence on campus with a reserve of national guard on hand to bolster the police but only in the event that a riot breaks out. There should be a sizable perimeter around the event and no one wearing masks, goggles or improvised armor should be allowed beyond the check points. They can enter if they remove the proscribed items otherwise no entry. Period.

Have each checkpoint be very clear to civilians attending there will be 0 tolerance for violence.

Have swat available and K-9 units. Have riot control equipment available and prepare as if a serious riot will happen. Better overkill in preparation rather than underestimating the situation.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/21/berkeley-mayor-publicly-belongs-to-violent-leftist-group/

Didn't see any other threads on this.

Apprently the mayor of Berkley, who told police not to interrupt the violence and rioting over non-leftist speakers, or arrest anyone, is a facebook member of the antifa group BAMN, and is also friends with that psychotic bitch organizing the riots and violence. He's apparently willing to endanger his city, destroy businesses, and deprive people of constitutional rights for this crazy bitch, so I wonder what their kids will look like.

CAE3aGLT.jpg

+

yvette-felarca-bamn.jpg

=

Kim-Jong-Un.jpg

his head and the porky kid's head look photoshopped on their bodies.

Sad times when the "anti-fascists " threaten violence to oppress free speech. This is what happens when people live in a bubble and are afraid of opposing ideas. All true leftists should be in support of free speech.

10-20 years ago... his political career would be over now.

Today... DNC I bet is looking for a high ranking spot for him

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said it is a “sign of intellectual weakness” to try to prevent conservative speakers from giving talks on college campuses.

Speaking of the security threats that reportedly caused the University of California, Berkeley to cancel (and then postpone) Ann Coulter’s speech at the school, Sanders told the Huffington Post, “I don’t like this. I don’t like it.”

“Obviously Ann Coulter’s outrageous ― to my mind, off the wall. But you know, people have a right to give their two cents-worth, give a speech, without fear of violence and intimidation,” Sanders continued.

Sanders called disrupting conservative speakers a “sign of intellectual weakness.”

“To me, it’s a sign of intellectual weakness,” Sanders stated. “If you can’t ask Ann Coulter in a polite way questions which expose the weakness of her arguments, if all you can do is boo, or shut her down, or prevent her from coming, what does that tell the world?”

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/sanders-preventing-conservatives-speaking-sign-intellectual-weakness

Obama has also made multiple statements along those lines. The view and actions being criticized here are very fringy, and the sane left should and does denounce them.

And "member on FB group" /= "member". I think y'all know that.

Obama has also made multiple statements along those lines. The view and actions being criticized here are very fringy, and the sane left should and does denounce them.

I distinctly remember a lot of rejoicing on the whole "punch a Nazi" thing.

You're telling me the fucking mayor is antifa? What kind of world is this. Well that explains why the chief of police told the cops to stay back.

Wonder if he keeps his ninja mask in his briefcase just in case a fascist emergency occurs and Capt. Communism needs to save the day? Does this mean if he puts on his ninja pajamas it's ok to pepper spray him?

While that may be I would argue if you are holding public office you shouldn't associate with groups like that.

Like, where I live we had a cop get shot in the head by a fucking gang member... and now it comes out said gang member is a friend of and was texting the fucking mayor during his standoff with cops after shooting said cop.

While that may be I would argue if you are holding public office you shouldn't associate with groups like that.

Could be, but why is it so hard for some people to just argue honestly? Like, make the point you're making instead of the crazy headline claim? The constant portrayal of every issue in such extreme terms just makes everyone dumber.

Could be, but why is it so hard for some people to just argue honestly? Like, make the point you're making instead of the crazy headline claim? The constant portrayal of every issue in such extreme terms just makes everyone dumber.
Partially because the other side would label someone like me as a racist gun toting Islama-homo-trans-phobe that doesn't think science is real because I own a gun and drive a truck that has an American flag in the back window on a Punisher skull while ignoring the fact I am half Japanese and a bunch of other shit.

It could be my own bias but the left.. the real vocal militant college liberal left (the kids) were the first one to instantly call people racist and shit for just saying something they disagree with so it's a bit of a "what goes around comes around" imo.

Plus it's fucking Berkley. I wouldn't be surprised if this mayor is a fan of what the Antifa (who are actually acting like fucking fascists) and supports them. You don't just "join" a Facebook group unless you look out said groups.

Partially because the other side would label someone like me as a racist gun toting Islama-homo-trans-phobe that doesn't think science is real because I own a gun and drive a truck that has an American flag in the back window on a Punisher skull while ignoring the fact I am half Japanese and a bunch of other shit.

If that's true (it's actually more exaggeration), how does emulating bad tactics from the other side make things better?

It could be my own bias but the left.. the real vocal militant college liberal left (the kids) were the first one to instantly call people racist and shit for just saying something they disagree with so it's a bit of a "what goes around comes around" imo.

It doesn't come around on college idiots, though. It comes around on mainstream types who also denounce college idiots.

Plus it's fucking Berkley. I wouldn't be surprised if this mayor is a fan of what the Antifa (who are actually acting like fucking fascists) and supports them. You don't just "join" a Facebook group unless you look out said groups.

There are any number of reasons you join groups that don't indicate an alliance. A mayor probably joins almost any group he's invited to. You might have a friend who asked you to. You might be interested in following what they're saying or doing without necessarily agreeing. Etc.

If Coulter shows up in two days we'll get another chance to see the police inaction.

Anyone hear the latest if she's gonna be there?

She not only intends to show up, Berkley is being sued by the Berkley College Republicans and YAF. The lawyer is a firecracker:

Also, apparently Antifa is trying a new strategy of ignoring Coulter's speech, as per this reddit thread, which, if you think about it is quite hilarious. After months of rampaging while attempting to quell free speech, they're going to try this novel tacitc which you may have heard of- allowing people with differing opinions to speak. Brilliant strategy, boys.

LOL I thought this was a chick I know IRL. Also a lefty Filipino who lives out in SF. But no, it's not her.

Would have been funny, though.

Wait, what happened to your post count? Did you delete your posts from all the bandwagons you jumped off of? Or just trying to pop dat posts-to-likes ratio, you sly dog.

Back