Bergdahl says Returning to U.S. was as Tough as Captivity

Should SGT Bergdahl go to prison?

• Yes

• No

• Firing squad

• Send him back to the Taliban

Results are only viewable after voting.
No fucking jail time??

He only lost rank and has to pay $1000/month until he gets a dishonorable discharge?

What a fucking disgrace.
This is how I feel too. That said, not having sat in on the trial I'm open to the idea that my mind would change if I knew everything the judge knows. It's not like the judge had any pressure to go easy on him, so maybe this was called for.

He's just a cunt who doesn't have the integrity to admit he's wrong. So now he lashes out. I'm sure he can tell the same things to the guards while he's in prison after getting sentenced tomorrow, and console himself with the amount of fucks given.

Can you explain this position? I haven't cared to follow this story closely.

From the little I have read, he was deployed and later befriended Afghani locals and became disillusioned with how sanctimonious, deluded, and corrupt the US military's actions were and left his post.

Is the hate for him primarily because he failed to disclose he was deserted and thereby let the country search for him?

Can you explain this position? I haven't cared to follow this story closely.

From the little I have read, he was deployed and later befriended Afghani locals and became disillusioned with how sanctimonious, deluded, and corrupt the US military's actions were and left his post.

Is the hate for him primarily because he failed to disclose he was deserted and thereby let the country search for him?

Without going into too much detail (sorry, working right now), I just don't believe a word of his story. Both versions. The one where he left in order to trek back to the rear where his presence would bring to the attention of Generals about the poor leadership in his command (which he fails to actually list anything amounting to poor leadership) is a lie. His version where he was going on some solo special ops mission to find enemy positions and gather intel is a lie. Hell the guy even lied about his previous discharge, as I can't believe he has no recollection of his supposed catatonic incident that got him canned.

Now no one but him can say exactly why he left his post, but left his post he did. And people where hurt. Hell one guy's alive only in the most literal sense of that word. For him then to badmouth the US after the extreme efforts it went to to recover him, and praise the Taliban as better, should be viewed with nothing but contempt. And now the little stain will avoid all jail time with nothing more than a fine.

I think the Serial podcast (season 2 if you're interested), did a good job of covering the events, although I find it quite biased. Worth listening to if you want to know more about it.

Was anyone really expecting him to serve time?

I didn't see him doing the max, just because the story had become politicized. But I thought he would at least get something for desertion. My completely out of my ass prediction was 5-10.

No fucking jail time? He only lost rank and has to pay $1000/month until he gets a dishonorable discharge?

Thanks for posting that, I'm just now reading about the sentencing.

"A Fort Bragg military judge on Friday sentenced Bergdahl to a dishonorable discharge, fined him $10,000 and reduced his rank to that of Private from Sergeant, but did not sentence him to any time in prison."

...not having sat in on the trial I'm open to the idea that my mind would change if I knew everything the judge knows.

I can tell you right now you did not miss anything by not sitting on the trial. That said, the Judge is as much of an idiot as Bergdahl himself. Fucking lawyers. Probably never commanded troops or saw combat. The closest he has ever been to combat was watching 'Band of Brothers' on HBO. I bet Bergdahl sucked his dick on the side...

So, what happens to little 'bordello', I mean Bergdahl, now? Goes home, gets a job at the local McDonalds and is shunned by everyone in town? Everyone in America? Don't want to get a 'yellow' card, but hey, little Bergdahl is a free man now, if you know what I mean. Looking forward, what kind of life will this guy really have? Why doesn't he go pay a visit to SFC Allen's wife and apologize for being stupid.

Last edited:
Fucker should be in the brig for the next 20 years.

So, what happens to little 'brothel', I mean Bergdahl, now? Goes home, gets a job at the local McDonalds and is shunned by everyone in town? Everyone in America? Don't want to get a 'yellow' card, but hey, little Bergdahl is a free man now, if you know what I mean. Looking forward, what kind of life will this guy really have? Why doesn't he go pay a visit to SFC Allen's wife and apologize for being stupid.

If he has even a shred of an idea regarding what honor is, he should never put himself in the same city as any of the families he ruined.

He should spend at least 10 years in prison for desertion, with those 5 years of captivity in the hands of Taliban counting. He willingly signed up to be in the army and deserted his post on purpose. That warrants significant jail time. He probably was going to get a jail sentence until Donald Trump opened his mouth. Now the defence successfully argued that the president's comments ruined a fair judgement, and he gets off with just a dishonorable discharge.

It says alot about the Obama Administration that the two most-publicized traitors of the last ten years, are now free men.

Manning was pardoned at the tail end of Obama's administration, and now Bergdhal is also going to be a free man.

There are inmates serving decades sentences that did less than these traitors.

If anyone here wants to help out Sgt Mark Allen, here's a link to a donation page. They need all the help they can get. He will need serious medical treatment for the rest of his life and he's got two children to take care of.

Thanks for posting that...

It has been decided, the boys and I (U.S. Army veterans), on behalf of SFC Allen and his wife, will 'saddle' up and go on a little 'field trip' to search and find Private 'bordello' and thank the young man personally for his service to this great nation.

Pussy liberal military judges should have executed him.

If anyone here wants to help out Sgt Mark Allen, here's a link to a donation page.

I don't know if the money will go directly to SFC Allen's family or "Building Homes for Heroes". There is a Facebook listing for SFC Allen but I did not find a donation link. If there is a direct donation link for the family, please let me know. Thanks

It says alot about the Obama Administration that the two most-publicized traitors of the last ten years, are now free men.

Manning was pardoned at the tail end of Obama's administration, and now Bergdhal is also going to be a free man.

There are inmates serving decades sentences that did less than these traitors.

Technically the Obama administration only brought him back to get tried in the American system. It's the Trump administration that let the biggest traitor of the war home free.

At least the Obama administration killed Osama bin Laden, you know the entire reason we went to war in Afghanistan in the first place. Something the Bush adminstration forgot back so we could go after non-existing nuclear devices in Iraq.

I don't know if the money will go directly to SFC Allen's family or "Building Homes for Heroes". There is a Facebook listing for SFC Allen but I did not find a donation link. If there is a direct donation link for the family, please let me know. Thanks

That's a fair point, and one I thought about. If I could find a direct link, I'd be happy to post it.

I'm not too sure how they spend the donations, but they did a great job for some brothers of mine who needed help with their special needs after combat. They built a few ramps and stair lifts for my paraplegic friend.

The U.S. Army paid Private 'bordello' for the 5 years he was in captivity. If he got paid as an E-5, Sergeant, that would make it close to $180,000 dollars. I don't know if it was a lump sum payment or not. He needs to pay $10,000 to the government and the rest should go to SFC Allen's family. SFC Allen's family can now file a civil suit against 'bordello' since he is no longer in the military. ...and who are the 9 idiots who voted 'no' on the poll above?

Fuck him I hope is is shunned by everyone including never finding a job.

Where is the proof that anybody actually died looking for Bergadahl i haven't seen any.

Unfortunately I think he will get a book and movie deal out of all this :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbdbxb
Back