• No

• Firing squad

• Send him back to the Taliban

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you believe this guy? How many soldiers died searching for him? I just need one minute alone with him in a room...

Story: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bowe-bergdahl-says-returning-u-s-was-tough-captivity-n813041

"Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who spent five years a captive of the Taliban after abandoning his army base in Afghanistan, has said returning home to the U.S. was as tough as his time as a hostage.

The former prisoner of war, who earlier this week pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior-before-the-enemy charges, told Britain's Sunday Times newspaper that his homecoming was difficult because his case had become political.

“At least the Taliban were honest enough to say, ‘I’m the guy who’s gonna cut your throat,’” he told the paper. “Here, it could be the guy I pass in the corridor who’s going to sign the paper that sends me away for life.”

I'm sure it hasn't been easy, he's rightfully hated.

Even so, I'm certain people have been kind to him because this is America and we have endless softies.

Hey my friend, sorry, but I lost your post when I transferred this thread to 'The War Room'. @Loiosh

He's just a cunt who doesn't have the integrity to admit he's wrong. So now he lashes out. I'm sure he can tell the same things to the guards while he's in prison after getting sentenced tomorrow, and console himself with the amount of fucks given.

Screw him I hope his life is miserable as hell.

At least the Taliban were honest? What is he on about? Is he claiming there are Americans being friendly to him when they really just want him to rot? I doubt there are any Americans, much less service men, who are unwilling to tell Bergdahl what they think of him.

I might actually be able to stomach his throwing himself a pity party if he focused on owning his atrocious behavior. What a loathsome prick.

I'm a little fuzzy on the UCMJ, but I wanna say you'd get a firing squad for that type of thing back in the day.

I hope he makes gravel and digs ditches for the rest of his life.

Dont even let his ass in UNICOR

I am at a loss for words when it comes to this piece of shit waste of a zygote and period.

I get so gotdamn angry when his name comes up.

Sounds like he needs to go to Gitmo.

Big ups to Obama for keeping it open btw.

Can you believe this guy? How many soldiers died searching for him? I just need one minute alone with him in a room...

Story: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bowe-bergdahl-says-returning-u-s-was-tough-captivity-n813041

"Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who spent five years a captive of the Taliban after abandoning his army base in Afghanistan, has said returning home to the U.S. was as tough as his time as a hostage.

The former prisoner of war, who earlier this week pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior-before-the-enemy charges, told Britain's Sunday Times newspaper that his homecoming was difficult because his case had become political.

“At least the Taliban were honest enough to say, ‘I’m the guy who’s gonna cut your throat,’” he told the paper. “Here, it could be the guy I pass in the corridor who’s going to sign the paper that sends me away for life.”

Nobody was hurt specifically searching for him to my knowledge. Several people died in the months following, but I believe those deaths were during normal operations in a combat zone.

Nobody was hurt specifically searching for him to my knowledge. Several people died in the months following, but I believe those deaths were during normal operations in a combat zone.
never going to get through to everyone. i changed a couple minds last time we did this. maybe i get one or two more this time

I'm a little fuzzy on the UCMJ, but I wanna say you'd get a firing squad for that type of thing back in the day.

Technically yes, but in practice no. Only a handful of deserters in the US Armed Forces have been sentenced to death for desertion. Even less have actually been carried out. Almost every time, it results in time in the brig and that's about it. I think the last desertion cases that resulted in a death penalty were during WW2 if I remember correctly.

Honestly, I don't think he deserves prison. Nobody was hurt or killed as a result of his actions. I think killing him is a bad move. I don't think he had any malicious intentions towards the welfare of our troops either. I honestly believe that he was abducted after trying to walk to the main base and cause a DUSTWUN to make some statement. I don't think he was trying to hang out with the Taliban. That said, he should spend a nice 10-do 5 in the brig for his actions. He broke the UCMJ and put many men at serious risk. There's no justification for his actions.

never going to get through to everyone. i changed a couple minds last time we did this. maybe i get one or two more this time

I think it's pretty clear when you look at the actual deaths during that time period. While "find information about Bergdahl" was definitely always part of the mission after he disappeared, I don't think anyone died in missions that were solely for finding Bergdahl. They were still running missions in a combat zone.

I just want the truth. I hold no sympathy for deserters and he deserves punishment for his actions, but putting the blood of those men on Bergdahl if he isn't the cause is wrong and disrespectful to their memory.

Back