Bergdahl says Returning to U.S. was as Tough as Captivity

Should SGT Bergdahl go to prison?

• Yes

• No

• Firing squad

• Send him back to the Taliban

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol, you were tortured abroad but the US is worse? You fucking deserted your post and people risked their lives looking for your dumbass. Fuck you, rot.

Go blow Kolon Kraepernick.

Yeah he should get life at least...

It's a volunteer Army, there's no reason to walk off your post alone. Whether he was intentionally trying to join the Taliban, or simply said fuck it and walked off, he violated his oath and put his fellow soldiers at risk.

never going to get through to everyone. i changed a couple minds last time we did this. maybe i get one or two more this time

Because you keep hawking the same bullshit that Serial did. People absolutely died when operating in forwards areas to which they had pushed to for no other reason to be closer to an area they though Bergdahl might be.

Serials entire defense was that: 1) no one was ever killed while on an op or assignment who's express purpose or title was "rescue Bergdahl", 2) and they kept referring to one random E-7 who threw up the "war is hell" line suggesting that people die out there all the time and who's really to say what the cause was?

The bottom line is that you had units redeployed/positioned into areas expressly for Bergdahl, and people died there. You can't honestly give that cunt a pass then.

Because you keep hawking the same bullshit that Serial did. People absolutely died when operating in forwards areas to which they had pushed to for no other reason to be closer to an area they though Bergdahl might be.

Serials entire defense was that: 1) no one was ever killed while on an op or assignment who's express purpose or title was "rescue Bergdahl", 2) and they kept referring to one random E-7 who threw up the "war is hell" line suggesting that people die out there all the time and who's really to say what the cause was?

The bottom line is that you had units redeployed/positioned into areas expressly for Bergdahl, and people died there. You can't honestly give that cunt a pass then.
What was stripes angle

no sympathy for that clown
this isn't the hurt locker, nobody just leaves the wire alone ever, w/o permission
everything after that pt is on him......

This keeps getting repeated, but bird dog was not responsible for those deaths.

I'm not so sure about that. Those were good links, thanks. Various articles pro-and-con the death of 6 soldiers searching for Bergdahl. Is this similar to what happened to Pat Tillman in 2004 when he was shot and the U.S. Army initially tried covering it up? Verdict still out for me.

Yeah he should get life at least...

It's a volunteer Army, there's no reason to walk off your post alone. Whether he was intentionally trying to join the Taliban, or simply said fuck it and walked off, he violated his oath and put his fellow soldiers at risk.

So the guy volunteers to serve his country, fully believing that he is physically and mentally capable. The Army agrees and sends him over, despite the dramatic issue he had before which should have prevented him. Goes to Afghanistan, has some crazy and lunatic idea to wonder off into the desert....spends 5years as a prisoner of the Taliban...and you guys still want him to be severely punished.

Jesus, you guys need to grow up. If you want really want to blame someone, blame the Army. Should of had better protocols for weeding people like Bergdahl out of enlistment. The guy did 5 years with the Taliban.....move on.

and yet he hasn't been sentenced after pleading guilty

I am at a loss for words when it comes to this piece of shit waste of a zygote and period.

I get so gotdamn angry when his name comes up.
Not going to lie. Feel a bit sorry for him. He must be out of his mind. No one deserts to a group like the taliban and not be a a whack job.
Never served myself. Brother and dad are combat vets

If coming home is as bad as captivity, makes me think his captivity wasn't all that bad.

So the guy volunteers to serve his country, fully believing that he is physically and mentally capable. The Army agrees and sends him over, despite the dramatic issue he had before which should have prevented him. Goes to Afghanistan, has some crazy and lunatic idea to wonder off into the desert....spends 5years as a prisoner of the Taliban...and you guys still want him to be severely punished.

Jesus, you guys need to grow up. If you want really want to blame someone, blame the Army. Should of had better protocols for weeding people like Bergdahl out of enlistment. The guy did 5 years with the Taliban.....move on.
The Taliban got theirs and the Army gets its go around. Fuck him for abandoning his men.

there were some writings, his dad looked like the taliban when obama paraded him in the lawn

lets not forget the prisoner swap, this was not a walkabout

Goes to Afghanistan, has some crazy and lunatic idea to wonder off into the desert....spends 5 years as a prisoner of the Taliban...and you guys still want him to be severely punished. If you really want to blame someone, blame the Army.

Oh, there is way more to this story than you probably know. Bergdahl, as a private, was already making negative statements about U.S. policy in Afghanistan and how fucked up the U.S. Army was. This while in uniform in front of other troops. While smoking his pipe, he would argue as to how he knew how to better run U.S. foreign policy and the U.S. Army. He was disenchanted with the war and ashamed to be an American. He planned to either join the Taliban or walk to Pakistan. His 5 year imprisonment is on him. He still needs to account for his service to the U.S.

Yeah, your idea is brilliant. Let's let privates in the U.S. Army say and do as they please. Why follow orders or the UCMJ? What kind of example would that set? As a soldier you just don't quit because you don't like your job or chain-of-command. He is not working for a company where he can just walk away when he pleases because he is unhappy with his job. Indeed, blame the U.S. Army, maybe Obama, Clinton, or Trump. God forbid anything should be Bergdahl's fault.

Last edited:
He is a crazy banana, but a banana with that much rot was not worth trading for, let alone brave men dying for, or Rose Garden with crazy banana ceremonies for "optics."

Crazy banana or not, he joined, he polluted the other fruit/market, and then continued on as a crazy banana for all the blood, treasure, and Taliban commanders given in exchange, any false-after-the-fact notions that making that kind of bad deal for the crazy banana is, well, nuts.

you mean to tell me a shithead says shithead things? :eek:

what did you think he thought?

Can you believe this guy? How many soldiers died searching for him? I just need one minute alone with him in a room...

Story: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bowe-bergdahl-says-returning-u-s-was-tough-captivity-n813041

"Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who spent five years a captive of the Taliban after abandoning his army base in Afghanistan, has said returning home to the U.S. was as tough as his time as a hostage.

The former prisoner of war, who earlier this week pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior-before-the-enemy charges, told Britain's Sunday Times newspaper that his homecoming was difficult because his case had become political.

“At least the Taliban were honest enough to say, ‘I’m the guy who’s gonna cut your throat,’” he told the paper. “Here, it could be the guy I pass in the corridor who’s going to sign the paper that sends me away for life.”

Its standard procedure for traitors to claim being the victim.

And, of course, the MSM is always sympathetic.

Back