Ben Saunders Signs With UFC

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/7/5978761/with-titan-fcs-blessing-ben-saunders-returns-to-ufc

Another Titan FC fighter is headed to the UFC.

Ben Saunders was scheduled to fight Jose Landi-Jons for the inaugural Titan FC welterweight title on Aug. 22, however, that fight is now off, as Saunders, who fought for the UFC from 2007 to 2010, has agreed to return to the organization, according to Titan FC COO Lex McMahon.

Titan FC gave Saunders its blessing to head back to the UFC after Landi-Jons ran into issues securing a visa to fight in the United States, which forced him to withdraw from the bout just hours after it was announced that he would be replacing the injured Matt Riddle in the title fight.

While Titan struggled to find a suitable replacement for Landi-Jons, the UFC offered Saunders a chance to return to the promotion, and he took it. Titan's contracts have a "Zuffa clause," which allows fighters to walk away from the promotion in order to sign with the UFC, however, if a fight is within 30 days, Titan must agree to the fighter leaving the promotion, and in this case, Titan did just that.

"We wish Ben all the best," McMahon said. "No one is a bigger Ben Saunders fan than me, and I want him to see him do great in the UFC. Our motto will always be, 'Fans, Fighters First.''

Saunders (16-6-2), a two-time tournament finalist in Bellator and a UFC veteran, went 4-3 in the UFC with three stoppage victories. He was released from the promotion after a unanimous decision loss to Dennis Hallman at UFC 117 in Aug. 2010. Since then, he's gone 8-3, primarily in Bellator.

There are no details just yet on Saunders' return fight in the UFC.

As a result of the change, Mike Ricci vs. George Sotiropoulos for the vacant Titan lightweight title will now headline the Titan FC 29 card on Aug. 22. The event will air on CBS Sports Network from in Fayetteville, N.C.

Cool, I've always enjoyed his fights.

alot of fun fights for Ben if they play this right. i love this signing

Is he a contender or anything? No. But he's a fun dude to watch so I'm really happy to see him back in the UFC. One or those dudes you just get excited when you see him on a card.

WTF? He was supposed to fight for the Legacy title LOL. There goes that.

Anyhow, fan of Ben, he's one of the most entertaining fighters in the game and his clinch is more violent than Hostel.

Too bad Matt Brown's so highly ranked these days.

Those two would have a Thai clinch battle for the ages.

good thing for saunders!! He was Pissed at Bjork , seemed to have a tough time dealing with Bellator. Glad to see him back

WTF? He was supposed to fight for the Legacy title LOL. There goes that.

Anyhow, fan of Ben, he's one of the most entertaining fighters in the game and his clinch is more violent than Hostel.

Titan title*

Good for him. And how long until people start talking about the UFC picking up bellators cast offs?

you know what, soon as i saw he was headlining at Titan i did wonder if a win or two could get him back. Good for him, he had a good run in Bellator, put on some entertaining fights. I wasn't really a fan of his while in the UFC, bu his win over Luis Santos turned me. Santos is a great grappler, seriously skilled, and Saunders schooled him, ended up submitting him. Very impressed. Santos himself should be picked up by someone soon himself.
Be nice to see him step in for Kyle Noke against Akiyama (not Amir)

So wait.

We get Saunders under contract, but not Askren, Riddle, Fitch or Shields.

Can't be considered a sport when you sign fighters that sell instead of fighters that win.

Well alright. I'm a big fan. Hopefully he pushes some other top 20 WW to the minor leagues now.

Can we get him a fight with Stephen Thompson? Please.

He's such an exciting fighter.On a side note i'm absolutely baffled people continue to employ Matt Riddle.He's had 14 cancelled fights or no contests with only 8 wins.He's retired like 37 times and fails drug tests without a care in the world.

I thought the UFC is too stubborn to sign fighters coming off a loss. But losing to Douglas Lima isn't a shame.

He's a dangerous fighter, good for him to get back in there.

Cool. He's a fun fighter to watch.
Also I may have to take a trip to fayettenam to watch ricci hopefully get beat

Back