Ben Saunders Signs With UFC

Saunders v.s Means is a fight i'd like to see after Ben gets a gimme win....They're just made to fight each other lol.

That's right, and UFC isn't a sport. Its a business.

Why the fuck did he mention Riddle among those guys??!!

Good signing, Saunders got a rough deal when he was cut. Exciting to watch, and did the UFC a few favours by stepping up to fight guys tailor-made to UD him on short notice.

Some exciting fights for him. I reckon Sadollah bafflingly gets the Akiyama fight and Saunders fight Musoke in Sweden.

Sweet. Always felt his cut was undeserved.

Here's hoping he goes on a Matt Brown-esque tear.

So? Still not interested in watching him fight "ufc-caliber" fighters when he got murdered in a smaller org

DURRRRRRR. He's not in the UFC, so he can't be good. What the fuck is "ufc caliber" there are fighters in the UFC who aren't great by any stretch of the imagination, and fighters outside of the UFC who would do well there.

I like it. There are some good match-ups for him in the UFC. (There are some terrible ones too though).

Good for him but I don't see him doing any better this time than after TUF.

DURRRRRRR. He's not in the UFC, so he can't be good. What the fuck is "ufc caliber" there are fighters in the UFC who aren't great by any stretch of the imagination, and fighters outside of the UFC who would do well there.

If the UFC wants to be considered the premier mma org signings like these don't help.

Obviously there will always be new upcoming fighters who are capable of winning fights against fighters on the UFC roster. THAT'S who the UFC should be signing, not slow has beens who were never elite to begin with and 120 lb housewives.

And people wonder why UFC numbers keep slipping. To attract the general public you need violent killers in there. I know it may come as a shock to you but people in general don't care to watch small women and slow men fight.

Most recent UFC signings are exciting to a portion of the hard core fanbase and no one else.

Too bad Matt Brown's so highly ranked these days.

Those two would have a Thai clinch battle for the ages.

Came here to say that, it would be a fucking war. I think brown would finish him though

So wait.

We get Saunders under contract, but not Askren, Riddle, Fitch or Shields.

Can't be considered a sport when you sign fighters that sell instead of fighters that win.

damn, stop your whining child.

UFC isn't THE sport, its AN organisation. If AN org doesn't want boring fighters, regardless of their records, you can't blame them.

And you should be blaming Askren, who poopoo'd on UFC while in bellator, then ran away to OneFC signing a multi year contract. He could have gotten in the UFC if he wanted. Fitch left and got choked out, Riddle failed multiple drug tests and had a bad attitude, and Shields is a mystery but no surprise really.

If the UFC wants to be considered the premier mma org signings like these don't help.

Obviously there will always be new upcoming fighters who are capable of winning fights against fighters on the UFC roster. THAT'S who the UFC should be signing, not slow has beens who were never elite to begin with and 120 lb housewives.

And people wonder why UFC numbers keep slipping. To attract the general public you need violent killers in there. I know it may come as a shock to you but people in general don't care to watch small women and slow men fight.

Most recent UFC signings are exciting to a portion of the hard core fanbase and no one else.

BS. Exciting fighters is what the UFC needs, you think casual fans want to see boring fights? Exciting fighters like Saunders on the prelims are perfect.

UFC numbers are slipping due to over-saturation, WMMA, too much focus on the lower weight classes NOT exciting fan favorites like Saunders. Speaking of violent killers, have you ever seen Saunders fight?????? He's got a devastating muay thai attack, and lives by the "kill or be killed" mantra.... Do you even follow MMA?

Good I like bens fights, he should fight thatch when he's fit

Really no reason to have signed him. He hasn't had any significant resurgence since being released, and he was knocked out twice by Bellator's champion, no?

BS. Exciting fighters is what the UFC needs, you think casual fans want to see boring fights? Exciting fighters like Saunders on the prelims are perfect.

UFC numbers are slipping due to over-saturation, WMMA, too much focus on the lower weight classes NOT exciting fan favorites like Saunders. Speaking of violent killers, have you ever seen Saunders fight?????? He's got a devastating muay thai attack, and lives by the "kill or be killed" mantra.... Do you even follow MMA?

Sorry dude but every time I think of Saunders I just can't shake the image of him getting destroyed twice by Lima. It just dims my excitement of watching him fight.

In his last 7 fights he has been brutally finished twice and has gone to decision 3 times against nobodies. He does have two finishes, but there are plenty of dudes with 2 finishes in 7 fights out there. Maybe I'm not "just bleed" enough but watching him get wrecked by Lima twice makes me not care to watch him in the UFC.

No way he has a "devastating" muy thai attack either. He has a good clinch and that's it. He is super slow and gets out struck by everyone until he gets the clinch

Back