Ben Carson spends $31K w/ tax payer money for dining table in his private office....

So?

How do you know what they would have actually been able to get done?

How do you know they weren't lying? You have no way to prove something that didn't happen.

I can prove right now you made a bad decision backing a man who would appoint Ben Carson to a major office.

Dude, this is pointless. To people like @oldshadow, someone not in his party winning is itself a greater harm than anything else that can happen. These people have no conception of right and wrong that is separate from tribalism.

Dude, this is pointless. To people like @oldshadow, someone not in his party winning is itself a greater harm than anything else that can happen. These people have no conception of right and wrong that is separate from tribalism.

They're all sociopaths.

asolx.png

Because the things they wanted to do and the direction they wanted to go was not what I wanted.

Not that I agree with Trump on many things or even really like him.

Still better the Hillary.

Then you're a moron.

At this point, if you actually think that, you're simply a moron. There is absolutely zero basis by which an intelligent person could say Trump is doing a less shitty job that Hillary would have done. The shittiness, corruption, incompetence, and opaqueness of this administration is groundbreaking.

Like, I really dislike the Clintons, but this is just a matter of fact.

Because the things they wanted to do and the direction they wanted to go was not what I wanted.

I don't think you have any real understanding of the policy issues. No offense.

It just comes down to you guys not really caring about the harm of bad policy or gov't corruption or anything like that. It's just about sending a message of hatred toward liberals.

Department of Housing and Urban Development officials spent $31,000 on a new dining room set for Secretary Ben Carson’s office in late 2017 — just as the White House circulated its plans to slash HUD’s programs for the homeless, elderly and poor, according to federal procurement records.

The purchase of the custom hardwood table, chairs and hutch came a month after a top agency staff member filed a whistle-blower complaint charging Mr. Carson’s wife, Candy Carson, with pressuring department officials to find money for the expensive redecoration of his offices, even if it meant circumventing the law.

Mr. Carson is also facing questions on another front. Under pressure earlier this month, he requested that HUD’s inspector general investigate his son’s involvement in a department-sponsored listening tour of Baltimore last summer. Department lawyers had warned Mr. Carson that including Ben Carson Jr., an entrepreneur who does business with the federal government, could create a conflict of interest.

Mr. Carson “didn’t know the table had been purchased,” but does not believe the cost was too steep and does not intend to return it, said Raffi Williams, a HUD spokesman.

“In general, the secretary does want to be as fiscally prudent as possible with the taxpayers’ money,” he added.
Department officials did not request approval from the House or Senate Appropriations Committees for the expenditure of $31,561, even though federal law requires congressional approval “to furnish or redecorate the office of a department head” if the cost exceeds $5,000.

Mr. Williams said department officials did not request congressional approval because the dining set served a “building-wide need.” The table is inside the secretary’s 10th-floor office suite.
About a month before it was ordered, Helen G. Foster, a former top HUD official, filed a complaint with the Office of Special Counsel, a federal whistle-blower agency, claiming that she had been demoted and transferred after resisting Mrs. Carson’s attempts to get around the $5,000 redecoration law.

The pressure began in January 2017, before Mr. Carson was even confirmed, when HUD’s interim secretary, Craig Clemmensen, told Mrs. Foster to help secure redecorating funds for Mrs. Carson, a frequent visitor to the department’s Washington headquarters who serves as an informal adviser to her husband, the complaint said.

Mr. Clemmensen, acting on Mrs. Carson’s behalf, told Mrs. Foster to “find money” to purchase better furniture for the office — and he quipped that “$5,000 will not even buy a decent chair,” according to the complaint, which was reported by The Guardian newspaper.

Drain.
That.
Swamp.

WINNING!

Then you're a moron.

At this point, if you actually think that, you're simply a moron. There is absolutely zero basis by which an intelligent person could say Trump is doing a less shitty job that Hillary would have done. The shittiness, corruption, incompetence, and opaqueness of this administration is groundbreaking.

Says a alt left that never met a SJW cause he doesn't support.

Then you're a moron.

These people would literally cut off their own balls with a rusty razor blade if the right-wing media told them it would hurt black people more than it hurts them.

I don't think you have any real understanding of the policy issues. No offense.

It just comes down to you guys not really caring about the harm of bad policy or gov't corruption or anything like that. It's just about sending a message of hatred toward liberals.

I understand the democratic platform and what would have happened if they controlled the government and it started with social issues and moved on from there.

If Hillary had won and the democrats controlled Congress shit would have gone alt left.

Then you're a moron.

Agree with me or you’re stupid.

- the insane left

I understand the democratic platform and what would have happened if they controlled the government and it started with social issues and moved on from there.

If Hillary had won and the democrats controlled Congress shit would have gone alt left.

Last time I asked what you were referring to when you said something like that, you left the thread. I can ask again, but I think we both know that there's nothing actually in the platform that was bad and that the main thing was to send a message to minorities.

Says a alt left that never met a SJW cause he doesn't support.

Very well said. Also, dodge noted.

These people would literally cut off their own balls with a rusty razor blade if the right-wing media told them it would hurt black people more than it hurts them.

I can't impute it to racism. I can only vaguely point to some undefinable flaw in the human condition that lets, at such a massive scale, the ego expand so far past the point of reason.

To say that some marginally corrupt, but exceedingly competent and stable centrist liberal would be worse than an unimaginably corrupt, unbelievably incompetent, constantly lying, visibly unstable, unprecedentedly opaque and nepotistic, lazy sack of shit whose entire portfolio of policies so far has been to the clear detriment of the many to the transparent benefit of the few.....fuck it, I don't know.

Like the NLRB policies, one of which was just recently rescinded due to (surprise, surprise) conflict of interest. Just look at them. They are directly and shamelessly going after workers to the benefit of deep-pocketed employers. And no one bats an eye.

Agree with me or you’re stupid.

- the insane left

An illogical, uninformed, and counterfactual statement is just as valid as a logical, informed, and factual statement.

-the moronic right

Last time I asked what you were referring to when you said something like that, you left the thread. I can ask again, but I think we both know that there's nothing actually in the platform that was bad and that the main thing was to send a message to minorities.

Well to start the anti 2nd.

Then the trans rights over the rights of others.

Anti Death pentialy.

Illegal immigration.

How is it possible for a purchase like this be approved? It is insane to me that politicians get away with stuff like this while so many important programs are nickel and dimed to death.

His ancestors were slaves. He deserves only the best. It's the least we can do.

Slaves were immigrants too.

Immigrants in the bottom of muthafuckin slave ships. They too had a dream.

Yep. Can't reason with stupid. Anyone that honestly believes that a Clinton administration would be worse than this shit show is a bonafide idiot.

Back