Ben Askren predicts a Montreal fight with GSP in late 2019

I predict no chance. Gsp only wants money fights. Not gonna fight nobodies

ok, agree to disagee. you have valid points, i just beleive he would be just fine in the ufc. for the record, id pick gsp to beat him via jab and allaround skills. he would not wrestlefuck askren.
I agree with that. GSP would "Use his Wrestling in Reverse" as they used to say about Chuck. If Askren's wrestling is nullified and he has to stand with GSP I don't like his chances. I am pretty tired of people talking their way into title fights and for once would like someone to earn it in the Octagon. Colby has 1 top 10 win and is talking title shot non stop. McGregor got a title shot at LW with ZERO fights. Nate Diaz has been talked about getting a LW title shot vs Conor and more recently has being talked about getting a WW shot. Its to the point that I am losing interest. I would respect Askren if he said the one thing I want to do before I retire is go to the UFC and win the WW belt. Sign a 3 or 4 fight deal. Fight Neil Magney then move to Usman or Colby. Then Maia or Lawler then a title shot. If he wins that maybe just maybe GSP would fight him. But if he did that whether he got as far as GSP or not I would be able to respect him more.

Askren is a complete joke. He has great wrestling and nothing else. GSP has better wrestling (MMA wrestling). Askren is fighting FWs like Aioki and GSP fights killers and just beat the UFC MW champion. Aside from no one in the world knowing who Askren is (Casuals) no one can even consider him to be in the top 10 WWs of all time and GSP is the #1 WW of all time by a very wide margin. Askren says he doesn't need money but he clearly WANTS money. He can beg all he wants but it will never happen and it wouldn't be competitive, not remotely.
Very much the truth here. Askren would fight one of the most well-rounded MMA fighters to ever walk the planet, let alone one of the (if not THE) GOAT. This wouldn’t be a wrestling contest, and GSP would beat him soundly just about everywhere.

I agree with that. GSP would "Use his Wrestling in Reverse" as they used to say about Chuck. If Askren's wrestling is nullified and he has to stand with GSP I don't like his chances. I am pretty tired of people talking their way into title fights and for once would like someone to earn it in the Octagon. Colby has 1 top 10 win and is talking title shot non stop. McGregor got a title shot at LW with ZERO fights. Nate Diaz has been talked about getting a LW title shot vs Conor and more recently has being talked about getting a WW shot. Its to the point that I am losing interest. I would respect Askren if he said the one thing I want to do before I retire is go to the UFC and win the WW belt. Sign a 3 or 4 fight deal. Fight Neil Magney then move to Usman or Colby. Then Maia or Lawler then a title shot. If he wins that maybe just maybe GSP would fight him. But if he did that whether he got as far as GSP or not I would be able to respect him more.

i agree, id love for him to work his way up to. colby imo would be perfect, and truthfully i think ben askren is a smart dude and knows that he would have to exactly that. I bet a lot of those guys know that askren is a tough out and wouldnt be rushing to fight him.

GSP is a better MMA wrestler then Askren. Maybe Askren beats GSP in a wrestling match but GSP has beat the living shit out of better wrestlers then Askren or at least better at using it in MMA. Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch, Hendricks etc.

Askren's best win was over Douglas Lima and the rest are really far behind in their level. GSP's record is littered with dominant wins over WWs who would beat Askren easily. There is a reason he was fighitng FWs like Aioki while GSP was beating the best in the world.

I have to ask this. Why does Fitch come up in lists of good wrestlers. Fitch was below 50% in college. Fitch is not that good of a wrestler.

I have to ask this. Why does Fitch come up in lists of good wrestlers. Fitch was below 50% in college. Fitch is not that good of a wrestler.
I believe I said better at using wrestling in MMA. Askren is a more accomplished wrestler then most but as far as using wrestling in MMA against top competition Askren doesn't even rate at all. He has only used his wrestling against opponents he is vastly superior to in wrestling alone. Put him against guys with other skills and wrestling and see how he does.

Note: GSP has no amatuer wrestling credentials whatsoever yet he is a better MMA wrestler then Hughes, Koscheck, Fitch, Trigg etc.

Which promotion is going to put this fight on?

GSP would be the selling point for this, and let's face facts, Askren isn't a household name.

That being said, I'd watch the fuck out of it but ... odds of it happening are slim.

Even Bellator came out and said no to Askren vs Rory Macdonald fight because he is only interested in 1 fight deal

I can't see UFC allowing anyone to do a one fight deal either.

This isn't the first time I've heard him say he doesn't need anymore money. I'm curious to know how much he made fighting over seas and elsewhere. Pretty cool if he is that well off.

Askren trying to stay relevant

Water is wet

Askren wins a SD over Jay Heiron
gsptkosjayhieron.gif

GSP round 1 destruction.

MMAth doesn't always tell the tale but GSP is a better wrestler then Askren and Askren has absolutely nothing else.

every single Askren thread and some uninformed noob brings up the Hieron fight. I'm tired of educating fans that don't do their research. Go listen to Askren on rogans podcast about the Hieron fight .....

Gsp is definitely the better MMA fighter and should be rightfully favored to win but Askren is definitely the better pure wrestler

every single Askren thread and some uninformed noob brings up the Hieron fight. I'm tired of educating fans that don't do their research. Go listen to Askren on rogans podcast about the Hieron fight .....

Gsp is definitely the better MMA fighter and should be rightfully favored to win but Askren is definitely the better pure wrestler

Educate us, because all we know is a young gsp straight ran the fuck over a prime herion

And Askren struggled with herion when he was washed up has been.

Care to elaborate or does that do it?

Gsp runs over Askren like a train

Educate us, because all we know is a young gsp straight ran the fuck over a prime herion

And Askren struggled with herion when he was washed up has been.

Care to elaborate or does that do it?

Gsp runs over Askren like a train

Reading comprehension an issue for you?

I stated gsp should be favored to win. Is that clear enough?

Btw Hieron won 10 in a row before the Askren fight.... washed up?

And if you are going to be a dick why should I waste my time summarizing a podcast you can listen to yourself?

It was actually quite interesting Askren is a pretty sharp guy

Doubt it happens, Gsp has great mma wrestling, But to say he is a better wrestler than Ben is a hard one. GSP got out wrestled by Hendricks and Ben has that funk style which I think is hard to deal with it’s a bit awkward from wrestling folk style which is what I would label GSP’s wrestling as. GSP has the all around better skill set. Too much of a risk for his Legacy GSP wants non wrestlers atm which is why I don’t think he wants any part of Woodley and ducked Romero.

Reading comprehension an issue for you?

I stated gsp should be favored to win. Is that clear enough?

Btw Hieron won 10 in a row before the Askren fight.... washed up?

And if you are going to be a dick why should I waste my time summarizing a podcast you can listen to yourself?

It was actually quite interesting Askren is a pretty sharp guy

Ten in a row vs who? And couldn’t hang in the ufc anymore.

But I guess all you have to add is go listen to the podcast, it without some tid bits that might make it interesting I’m not gonna waste my time.

When founding an argument for the fight, at least give some cliffs

Ten in a row vs who? And couldn’t hang in the ufc anymore.

But I guess all you have to add is go listen to the podcast, it without some tid bits that might make it interesting I’m not gonna waste my time.

When founding an argument for the fight, at least give some cliffs

Sigh...

Rogan asked about the Hieron fight

Askren stated in the months leading up to it Hieron fight he did zero wrestling and rolling but focused strictly on striking with Roufus as he knew it was by far his weakest skillset.

He said Hieron (who is a very decent wrestler) took him off guard. He stated wrestling needs to be constantly practiced or you lose it like any other skill.

Stated it was the last time he let his wrestling slide in favor of other skills . And never came close to losing again

Askren is a nobody. His last fight was him beating a 145lber in Aiko, who cares about him, he has proved nothing.

Askren is a nobody. His last fight was him beating a 145lber in Aiko, who cares about him, he has proved nothing.

He was the top guy in Bellator and beat guys that are ranked in the global top 10.

Not his fault the ufc fucked him over and he ended up fighting cans overseas. He needed to make a living just like everyone else

I would love it but that sounds like incredibly wishful thinking

a fight at THE END OF FUCKING 2019?

askren is a mess. he's not fighting, if no one cares or even know who he is by now, imagine 1 and a half year not fighting and doing fuck all? he will draw just a single ppv (yes, I'm looking at you meathead jock)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back