Ben Askren predicts a Montreal fight with GSP in late 2019

Delusional, he’s not in the ufc.

And if it happened it would look like GSP vs herion

Better stack that card with great fights because Askren vs GSP would put casuals to sleep. I would watch it because it would be a epic grappling match
Well, that's AFTER the fight has been purchased, and believe me, the fight would sell well.

"Casuals" wouldn't have any clue as to the style matchup, and they'd buy it on GSP's name alone. Complain after the fact, but the money's in the bank at that point.

Nowhere did I say anything bad about GSP but no, those guys are not better wrestlers than Ben.

And i agree, gsp beats him in a mma match, but the gent i quoted said that gsp is a better wrestler then Ben based on the Hieron fight. A fight Ben used his grappling to win and GSP smashed him out with strikes
I was the gentleman who posted the GSP Heiron fight in response to the Askren Heiron fight. in MMA all of those highly decorated wrestlers are more accomplished then GSP in Wrestling yet GSP killed them all. Askren vs GSP in a wrestling match Askren wins. Askren doesn't even deserve to be in the same conversation let alone Octagon as GSP when it comes to MMA. The guys GSP has defeated that are accomplished wrestlers but not Olympic Level like Askren are Vastly More Accomplished in MMA then Askren. Askren has not fought anyone of any level of note at WW. Hector Lombard looked like an absolute Monster in Bellator's MW division. Then he came to fight real competition and what happened? Askren might have done well in the UFC WW division but he didn't. He beat up a bunch of cans relative to who GSP fought.

i dont really know what to say to you, any real martial artist or educated fan knows Askren is legit as fuck, he demolished koreshkov and lima. lima almost beat rory mcdonald last month, and askren made it look easy agaisnt him. His competition has been easy lately at Onefc but that does not take away how good he really is. Dont let Dana fool you that he isnt good enough, easily comes off the couch and beats 95% of the ufc welterweight roster. Very few guys are going to be able to stop him from implementing his wrestle fuck gameplan, he is also very very good at jiu jitsu
Lima fight was 6 years ago and Lima has improved and matured a lot. That is Askren's best win You could be right that Askren gets off a couch and blah blah blah but Mike Tyson could step in the Octagon tomorrow and KO everyone in MMA. Not likely and no evidence to support either. Askren has done nothing of note in MMA that makes him worthy of a fight with GSP. He did a great job making some good money but Bellator let him go even though he was their champion. They just let him walk. Why on earth does he get a GSP fight when he can't make anyone any money and he has no record to claim he is the best WW? MAYBE he is a great WW but he has never proven it against top competition.

This isn't the first time I've heard him say he doesn't need anymore money. I'm curious to know how much he made fighting over seas and elsewhere. Pretty cool if he is that well off.

He runs a good wrestling school and he's paid for seminars and coaching.

He can live fairly well off of his wrestling credentials.

I wonder what the rejected dirty UFC deal looked like

GSP out wrestles him.
5778318189_bc017e3d5f_b.jpg
you're crazy out of your mind. GSP jabs and avoids the ground? maybe.

This isn't the first time I've heard him say he doesn't need anymore money. I'm curious to know how much he made fighting over seas and elsewhere. Pretty cool if he is that well off.
He was making good money and seems to have made solid investments that are now paying dividends!

Askren needs to accept that GSP is a better fighter, more accomplished and recognized, has made way more money and will be remembered as the P4P GOAT.

Pretty sure St Pierre will be fighting for the belt when he returns... Something Askren will never do in the UFC. Doubt he ever fights in the UFC...

A) Ohh someone had a gun to askrens fat head head to fight weak ass cans in Asia? Nope
B) Did you see the fight? Santos was owning Askren, defended every takedown attempt Askren threw at him, and even kicked him down. Askren was so off his game he paniced and then the eye poke.
C) Santos did not want to fight because he missed weight and it's wasn't for the belt. So who the fuck would even bother.

Who the fuck is Askren anyways? ask the causal MMA fan and you'll see hahahahah
Keep nuthuggin man it's all good!

Yes I watched the fight. Which was exactly 2:19 long you fucking imbecile... What does it matter how active his opponent (who has a history of terrible cardio btw) was in the first two minutes of the fight. The eyepoke came as Askren was moving into a takedown. He was shooting in and ducking into a takedown and his left hand poked him.

By your logic (if you could call it that), 90% of the UFC fans that pay for PPV defined as "casuals" would have no fucking clue who Fedor was either.

GSP would would jab him to a 50-45 decision.

Next.

That is wishful thinking.

Of course he isn’t

If you think people in Asia were clamouring to see him lay on people you are mistaken

Back