Bellator was too strong for PFL

Mauling lol more like panic wrestling because he didn't want anymore of the stand up, if it was 5 rounds have little doubt Impa was gonna finish Eblen.

Go rewatch the fight, moron.

Go rewatch the fight, moron.
Moron wow someone is a child that has to live through these fighters because they're a loser in real life so they take it personally when someone has a different view, hurt bitch.

Moron wow someone is a child that has to live through these fighters because they're a loser in real life so they take it personally when someone has a different view, hurt bitch.

Yeah, you're an absolute fucking moron. Have you ever watched any of Eblen's other fights? He comes from a wrestling background. It's not "panic wrestling" when your base is wrestling, you casual. It's his opponents job to stuff those takedowns, or reverse the position. Go watch kickboxing if you don't fights going to the ground.

Yeah, you're an absolute fucking moron. Have you ever watched any of Eblen's other fights? He comes from a wrestling background. It's not "panic wrestling" when your base is wrestling, you casual. It's his opponents job to stuff those takedowns, or reverse the position. Go watch kickboxing if you don't fights going to the ground.
Once you turn into an emotional little bitch and start name callin you've lost all credibility, as for the fight in the 3rd they were up on the feet exchanging back and fourth nothing that significant landed then Eblen got a few td's but never did any damage at all besides when he had his back at the end but Impa was in no danger in fact he was landing his own shots, another thing I never said Eblen never won the 3rd just that he basically controlled instead of doing damage.

The tide of the bout was going to Eblen, don't see how Impa would finish him, Eblen would probably grind out a sub or TKO finish eventually
I love Johnny but chances are he would've settled for a decision unless he caught Impa with a bomb on the feet.

I love Johnny but chances are he would've settled for a decision unless he caught Impa with a bomb on the feet.
Eblen was getting Impa’s back in the third, and I think Eblen’s cardio is much much better then Impa’s. Would love to get a 5 round rematch, but I would still put my money on eblen

Biggest take away is that AJ needs to move to the UFC fast and challenge Topuria at FW. AJ is easily the most talented guy on the roster and will waste away at PFL.
UFC FW is so top heavy and I think AJ beats Ortega for example with ease. AJ dealt with Satoshi on the ground who is on par with Ortega and has the wrestling to actually defend Ortega’s goofy takedowns

UFC FW is so top heavy and I think AJ beats Ortega for example with ease. AJ dealt with Satoshi on the ground who is on par with Ortega and has the wrestling to actually defend Ortega’s goofy takedowns

Disagree that Satoshi is on par with Ortega when it comes to BJJ for MMA.

I like Bader, but to put him into proper perspective, at his best around 10 years ago he was a solid gatekeeper LHW in the UFC where he was finished 5 times before he left for Bellator. And he never even earned a title shot in the UFC. Granted, LHW was very strong at that time with Jones, Cormier, Rumble, etc.

He's now a 40-year LHW who doesn't have to cut to 205 and has no business fighting even semi-decent 265-pound guys.
haven't watched much of bader, just know he killed it in bellator and he was a decent lhw at best in the ufc. I particularly remember tito wiping the floor with him, I wonder if he genuinely improved since his ufc days in bellator or if the comp in bellator is just drastically weaker.

haven't watched much of bader, just know he killed it in bellator and he was a decent lhw at best in the ufc. I particularly remember tito wiping the floor with him, I wonder if he genuinely improved since his ufc days in bellator or if the comp in bellator is just drastically weaker.
He's a better HW then LHW

It was clearly a big drop in competition in Bellator. Like I said, he fought in the "golden age" of UFC LHW, with Jones, Rumble, Cormier, Machida, Glover, Gustaffson, Davis all in or close to their primes at some point. The Tito fight was flukey--I think Bader wins 9 out of 10 times. But it showed that Bader was always chinny. IIRC, Tito caught stunned him with a punch then submitted him.

Bader would've been destroyed at HW as well when either Cain/JDS or Stipe/Ngannou were around their primes. All of those guys plus plenty of others would've beaten him in the UFC. I can't think of a time in his career when he would've won the UFC HW belt.

It was clearly a big drop in competition in Bellator. Like I said, he fought in the "golden age" of UFC LHW, with Jones, Rumble, Cormier, Machida, Glover, Gustaffson, Davis all in or close to their primes at some point. The Tito fight was flukey--I think Bader wins 9 out of 10 times. But it showed that Bader was always chinny. IIRC, Tito caught stunned him with a punch then submitted him.

Bader would've been destroyed at HW as well when either Cain/JDS or Stipe/Ngannou were around their primes. All of those guys plus plenty of others would've beaten him in the UFC. I can't think of a time in his career when he would've won the UFC HW belt.
If Bader stayed in the UFC, he would have eventually won a LHW belt maybe once Jones disappeared. Do I think Bader would have beat the likes of Jan, Jiri, or Glover, definitely, but there is always that off switch with Bader

If Bader stayed in the UFC, he would have eventually won a LHW belt maybe once Jones disappeared. Do I think Bader would have beat the likes of Jan, Jiri, or Glover, definitely, but there is always that off switch with Bader
It's possible. I think Bader would have a chance of outwrestling someone like Jan without getting caught while standing. But I don't think he'd hold the belt for long. Someone like Poatan, Jiri or Hill would take his head off in a title defense.

It would all depend on match-ups and circumstances, like always. Look at MW between Anderson and Izzy's reigns. If Rockhold hadn't been sloppy/arrogant and gotten caught by Bisping, I'm almost sure either Yoel or Jacare would've been champ at some point. But Bisping got two crazy title defenses that ignored the best active MWs.

Back