Bellator was too strong for PFL

tehMoose

The slayer of ufc shills
@Silver
Reaction score
Some of the fights were not competitive at all (Nemkov/Cappelozza, McKee/Collard, Jackson/Cooper). Onlyfans models ruined Eblen but he got that one 2-1 in a very difficult fight tho.

The only one that shit the bed was Bader but it was expected. Coker loved the guy for some reason and the only GP's in Bellator that were shitty were the HW ones (they were full of past prime fighters even MWs). His wins at HW were against: old Fedor 2x, old Kongo, washed King Mo that lost 3 more fights after that, Mitrione that lost 3 more fights after that. His only good win against a prime fighter was Moldavsky who got smashed by Linton in the first round later. So he was just the right guy and the right time when the division was a mess. Nemkov is miles better than Bader. Bilostenniy too most likely would have smashed him

Ryan Bader on this card:
GHIvQcQWEAAPpdr

Sorry but I just couldn't resist. This is my revenge for him beating Fedor <45>

So the next champs that haven't fought are Mix, Usman, Patricio. How do you see them fare against PFL's champs?

Some of the fights were not competitive at all (Nemkov/Cappelozza, McKee/Collard, Jackson/Cooper). Onlyfans models ruined Eblen but he got that one 2-1 in a very difficult fight tho.

The only one that shit the bed was Bader but it was expected. Coker loved the guy for some reason and the only GP's in Bellator that were shitty were the HW ones (they were full of past prime fighters even MWs). His wins at HW were against: old Fedor 2x, old Kongo, washed King Mo that lost 3 more fights after that, Mitrione that lost 3 more fights after that. His only good win against a prime fighter was Moldavsky who got smashed by Linton in the first round later. So he was just the right guy and the right time when the division was a mess. Nemkov is miles better than Bader. Bilostenniy too most likely would have smashed him

Ryan Bader on this card:
GHIvQcQWEAAPpdr

So the next champs that haven't fought are Mix, Usman, Patricio. How do you see them fare against PFL's champs?
I like Bader, but to put him into proper perspective, at his best around 10 years ago he was a solid gatekeeper LHW in the UFC where he was finished 5 times before he left for Bellator. And he never even earned a title shot in the UFC. Granted, LHW was very strong at that time with Jones, Cormier, Rumble, etc.

He's now a 40-year LHW who doesn't have to cut to 205 and has no business fighting even semi-decent 265-pound guys.

I was almost certain Bader was going to sleep if he could t glue himself to him the entire fight barely getting touched.

Eblen I thought could get caught or have a competitive fight.

The results are pretty much what I expected tbh. Heavily Bellator biased with Bader facing someone who likely would put him out.

I was almost certain Bader was going to sleep if he could t glue himself to him the entire fight barely getting touched.

Eblen I thought could get caught or have a competitive fight.

The results are pretty much what I expected tbh. Heavily Bellator biased with Bader facing someone who likely would put him out.
If Cole Konrad hadn't retired in his late 20s, he'd probably still be the Bellator champ and would've outwrestled and smothered Bader. Size matters, especially when it's two wrestlers (similar to Coleman vs. Frye back in the day). Cole is only 39 now, a year younger than Bader. Ryan had good timing in Bellator and I'm glad he got to be both LHW and HW champ--but let's not pretend he'd ever be champ in a serious HW division.

If Cole Konrad hadn't retired in his late 20s, he'd probably still be the Bellator champ and would've outwrestled and smothered Bader. Size matters, especially when it's two wrestlers (similar to Coleman vs. Frye back in the day). Cole is only 39 now, a year younger than Bader. Ryan had good timing in Bellator and I'm glad he got to be both LHW and HW champ--but let's not pretend he'd ever be champ in a serious HW division.
Minakov and Volkov also would have flattened him. The timing was perfect and he fought guys that didn’t pose major KO threats that he could wrestle fuck for the most part. Both Mo and Bader did it to Kongo. Moldavsky wasn’t much a a punching threat. Mittrione was old but dangerous in terms of what Bader struggles with…….. but he was able to maul him. The Bellator HW GP he won was laughably old / weak / undersized. I fully agree.

I've been saying PFL is a regional org at best forever. Some people weren't happy when I've been saying it, but it is what it is.

If it wasn't freaking Bader of all people as hw champ, woulda been 10-0.

Minakov and Volkov also would have flattened him. The timing was perfect and he fought guys that didn’t pose major KO threats that he could wrestle fuck for the most part. Both Mo and Bader did it to Kongo. Moldavsky wasn’t much a a punching threat. Mittrione was old but dangerous in terms of what Bader struggles with…….. but he was able to maul him. The Bellator HW GP he won was laughably old / weak / undersized. I fully agree.
Yep, the timing was also great for Kongo. He went 12-2 in Bellator before the first Bader fight. It's a travesty he didn't win the belt during that time (they finally stripped Minakov for inactivity). And before that Kongo left the UFC on a skid where he was KO'd in the 1st round in 2 of 3 fights by Roy Nelson and Hunt. I think he pretty much lost his UFC HW gatekeeper role after that. He was also getting close to 40. I didn't think he had much of a future left, even in Bellator.

Last edited:
Pinedo would have beaten old Pitbull imo and Magomed would have been far more competitive with Jackson.

It would have been a clean sweep just like Bellator 5-0ing Rizin if not for Ryan Bader. That 20 second KO got PFL back to even. Lol

Last edited:
Jackson/Magomedkerimov is still interesting, his fight with Cooper was a nothingburger cuz Ray is just there for paychecks now. OAM retired due to burnout so we won't see him fight the winner of Usman/Shabliy, which is a shame since he really hit his stride in PFL, but with how competitive his fight with Collard was he'd probably wind up losing I feel.

As much as it sucks to say, Pitbull probably gets chinned by Pinedo at this point. To my knowledge PFL doesn't have a BW div so there's nobody for Mix to fight. Wonder if they'll make one or a MW division now, or just keep him and Eblen active on the Bellator side. Hope Eblen doesn't go to LHW cuz he'd probably get hurt bad based on how he looked against Impa, granted the PFL bracket last season was shit.

Ryan Bader on this card:
GHIvQcQWEAAPpdr

They don't really. PFL doesn't have a BW division, 155 champion was OAM who retired.

I favour Patricio over Jesus Pinedo but Patricio is getting a bit older and Pinedo is pretty good, so it would be competitive imo.

I thought Impa beat Eblen by doing more damage sure Eblen won 2 rounds but he was only getting position, needs to be a rematch.

He was mauling Impa the last half of the fight. Rematch wouldn't be any different, 5 rounder would not favor Impa either. He would get grinded mercilessly.

They don't really. PFL doesn't have a BW division, 155 champion was OAM who retired.

I favour Patricio over Jesus Pinedo but Patricio is getting a bit older and Pinedo is pretty good, so it would be competitive imo.
Unless Pinedo's TDD suddenly looks like shit I don't think Patricio beats him tbh. I don't think he'll be able to get Jesus' respect to properly implement his patient striking, and if his chin is finally starting to go, he's gonna get hurt badly. He's turning 37 this year, it's sadly over.

He was mauling Impa the last half of the fight. Rematch wouldn't be any different, 5 rounder would not favor Impa either. He would get grinded mercilessly.
Mauling lol more like panic wrestling because he didn't want anymore of the stand up, if it was 5 rounds have little doubt Impa was gonna finish Eblen.

we all knew Bellator had the better roaster but it also wasnt the best matchups. The PFL didnt have their best WW fighting Jackson. OAM vs AJ would have been interesting.

we all knew Bellator had the better roaster but it also wasnt the best matchups. The PFL didnt have their best WW fighting Jackson. OAM vs AJ would have been interesting.
OAM had trouble finishing Collard for 5 rounds on the ground, I think AJ is a much better grappler then him

Mauling lol more like panic wrestling because he didn't want anymore of the stand up, if it was 5 rounds have little doubt Impa was gonna finish Eblen.
The tide of the bout was going to Eblen, don't see how Impa would finish him, Eblen would probably grind out a sub or TKO finish eventually

Back