PBP Bellator 291: Amosov vs. Storley 2, Sat. 2/25, 11:30 AM ET/8:30 AM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who takes home the unified Bellator welterweight title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hed beat both. Khamzat and Shavkat are the 2 tough fights for him in UFC and Khamzat cant make 170 anymore.

I really don't think we've seen Shavkat pushed enough to truly gauge his proficiency.

He was pushed against Odilov. Almost got KOd too.
Shavkat also lost twice to Khiramagomedov who is an average ACA fighter and his best win is Magny. Lorenz also murked Magny even more impressive than Shavkat

Shavkat also lost twice to Khiramagomedov who is an average ACA fighter and his best win is Magny.

That was 8 years ago though

He was pushed against Odilov. Almost got KOd too.

Interesting never caught that fight. Happened in 2018

One thing about Shavkat is that his best aspect seems to be top-control. And its very dubious if he would be able to get Amasov there.

I'm gonna say it.

I'M GONNA SAY IT!!!

Amasov would beat both Edwards and Usman
There is a very legit argument to be made that he's the best 170 in the world, for sure. That was also over a 1.5 year layoff, where his training was interrupted by military service in Ukraine. Super impressive.

I don’t know a single fighter on this card. Who’s this guy coming out to Korean Zombies music

Man these guys fucking suck. I’ve seen better fights on street beefs

Just getting off work and looks like I hit the perfect time for the replay of the main event on Showtime..

Almost looked like Amosov was carrying Storley at points. Either way I think he is the best 170lb fighter on the planet. Bellator has a legit case for best 170 185 and 205 fighter on the planet. Once I see Mix vs Stots they may have the best 135lb fighter as well.

I'm not against the idea that Amosov is the best WW but I think him vs Edwards, Usman and Covington could go either way.

That was 8 years ago though

Interesting never caught that fight. Happened in 2018

One thing about Shavkat is that his best aspect seems to be top-control. And its very dubious if he would be able to get Amasov there.
If I remember the Odilov bout, he got rocked badly, like chicken legs, and then panic wrestled.

Back