Bellator 165 - Chandler vs Bendo - San Jose

i'm just gonna throw this out there

who's the fighter that most resembles bendo in an mma sense? will brooks, unquestionably. same kinda build, same style, everything.

now, brooks is younger in mma... but...

Disagree strongly.
Will brooks has been a little disappointing in his UFC career so far but I'll give my opinion.

Striking:
They throw from different stances. Southpaw v. Orthodox.
Will brooks has a more narrow almost boxing like stance and bendo keeps his footing more than shoulder length apart,.

I believe standing Will brooks throws way more volume.
Will brooks has crisp boxing and great at going straight down the pipe.

Bendo throws the sloppiest ugliest flicking jab I've ever seen in high-level MMA.
Bendo make his money standing with roundhouse kicks to the leg, body, and head.

I also believe Will Brooks has better footwork and counter-punching. Bendo struggles when he's not the bull but Brooks can play Matador. For example his fights with chandler.

Wrestling:
Though both are exceptional in the clinch and love those tight elbows, I'd say Will brooks goes for singles and doubles a lot more often.

I probably dont make sense because I'm working + typing this.
Tl;DR
Bendo's boxing is ugly and usually ineffective.

I like the over in the Henderson/Chandler fight. Like most, Chandler is my "pick", but there's no way I'm playing him at this price. Bendo isn't an easy guy to put away and he has the skills to make at least 3 out of the 5 rounds really close. He has undeniably looked pretty shitty in last few, but if he returns to form he definitely has a shot. That being said, his current odds are tempting enough to get a bet out of me, so I'll stick with the over which would likely cover most Chandler wins and nearly all Henderson wins, IMO.

Disagree strongly.
Will brooks has been a little disappointing in his UFC career so far but I'll give my opinion.

Striking:
They throw from different stances. Southpaw v. Orthodox.
Will brooks has a more narrow almost boxing like stance and bendo keeps his footing more than shoulder length apart,.

I believe standing Will brooks throws way more volume.
Will brooks has crisp boxing and great at going straight down the pipe.

Bendo throws the sloppiest ugliest flicking jab I've ever seen in high-level MMA.
Bendo make his money standing with roundhouse kicks to the leg, body, and head.

I also believe Will Brooks has better footwork and counter-punching. Bendo struggles when he's not the bull but Brooks can play Matador. For example his fights with chandler.

Wrestling:
Though both are exceptional in the clinch and love those tight elbows, I'd say Will brooks goes for singles and doubles a lot more often.

I probably dont make sense because I'm working + typing this.
Tl;DR
Bendo's boxing is ugly and usually ineffective.

i'm speaking more generally

they're both guys who favor 5 round fights to 3 round fights

both have cardio for days

both have freakin tree trunks for legs

both about the same size

both almost always go the distance

I rate Chandler pretty highly but I'm afraid to take him at this price. Yes, Bendo hasn't looked good in his last couple of fights, but the level of competition the two have faced at 155 in their careers isn't comparable IMO. Maybe seeing what happened to Alvarez and Brooks (guys who Chandler is 1-3 against) is clouding my judgement. Either way, I might consider a small play on Bendo by decision if the price is right.

i'm speaking more generally

they're both guys who favor 5 round fights to 3 round fights

both have cardio for days

both have freakin tree trunks for legs

both about the same size

both almost always go the distance

Amazingly enough, if you presented me with a line of -180 Chandler in a 5 rounder against Brooks, I'd still bet Chandler if forced (though I wouldn't be happy about it). Against Bendo I am happy.

I'm calling it now. Win or lose, Bendo gives a religious sermon in the post-fight interview and retires to join the military like he was talking about last year.

Amazingly enough, if you presented me with a line of -180 Chandler in a 5 rounder against Brooks, I'd still bet Chandler if forced (though I wouldn't be happy about it). Against Bendo I am happy.

Confused.. you do know Brooks beat him twice, right? Not that long ago

(First was damned close, second not that close at all)

I'm sure after losing on Pitbull some of you said you'd go big on Chandler at any price

I lost at least 5u on Pitbull as an over +200 dog like EZ, but I never said any price for Chandler. At -185 I'm still considering it a smallish bet to win 1u or maybe a little more.

Yeah Pitbull lost by injury but it was definitely the right side. If you bet on Bendo you were probably sweating bricks.

Me: I'm not betting on Bellator, bullshit always happens and I lose money

Me to me: Go big on Chandler

XW0SS2h.jpg

Chandler price dropping, -175 now

If it gets to -160 I'm going huge

Confused.. you do know Brooks beat him twice, right? Not that long ago

(First was damned close, second not that close at all)

I'm aware, but they're blurred together in my mind. I'll have to take a look at the second again... I don't remember it not being close.

Brooks getting finished recently and having a poor performance against Pearson is affecting me.

I'm aware, but they're blurred together in my mind. I'll have to take a look at the second again... I don't remember it not being close.

Brooks getting finished recently and having a poor performance against Pearson is affecting me.

Nah, I think you're right. I just remember I was on chandler in the Rematch and hated how he fell apart, how he hit the wall. He was absolutely in the fight for the first round or two

Nah, I think you're right. I just remember I was on chandler in the Rematch and hated how he fell apart, how he hit the wall. He was absolutely in the fight for the first round or two

Yeah, just watched it. It would have been 2-2 headed into the fifth.

I'm not liking my bet as much after watching it, though. Chandler was having trouble when Brooks switched to south paw, and he really reminded me of Ruslan Khabilov overall (which, combined with that bizarre quitting incident, means that Bendo does have paths to finishing). Also, judges seem to love Bendo and hate Chandler.

How about O3.5 instead of either ML? I dont see a finish from neither of them, am I wrong here? Bendo is super hard to finish himself and he very rarely takes chances to finish guys.

Back