BBC reporting Conor never had an amateur boxing match

I don't agree with any of that just telling you how they will promote it, already hearing it on sports talk radio. You think casuals have Any concept of glove size

sorry. i thought those were your arguments.

there is a huge difference between eight ounce gloves and ten ounce gloves that many boxers take note on. going from four to ten, floyd will take mcgregors best shot and proceed to walk him down which this in itself will mentally break conner

I don't agree with any of that just telling you how they will promote it, already hearing it on sports talk radio. You think casuals have Any concept of glove size

Exactly.

I think it is a joke of a fight, but it is all over social Media. They don't even need to do any additional promoting. Even artists and what not are drawing pictures related to this fight.

Holy motherfucking balls.

Is this entire affair just a way to transfer money from Irish Americans to people with eyes via Vegas bookies?

Conor's combat sport lineage goes something like

Joined a local boxing club around age 14ish. His dad said in the documentary that Conor asked him, 'Why didn't you sign me up to this when I was younger?' and quit soccer all together.

Then he started grappling with Egan which led him to to SBG. His boxing coach didn't like how he was into other facets of MMA so he just quit boxing there.

So basically, he did start off with boxing, but no he did not have any accomplishments except maybe inter club scrimmage boxing matches here and there.

Conor won some amateur tournaments at youth level, they were really just Gym tourney's that his boxing coach set up.

He did box exclusively for 4 years from 12 to 16 out of a good boxing gym, before mma caught his attention.

sorry. i thought those were your arguments.

there is a huge difference between eight ounce gloves and ten ounce gloves that many boxers take note on. going from four to ten, floyd will take mcgregors best shot and proceed to walk him down which this in itself will mentally break conner
Exactly! Does anyone really logically think Conor hits harder than Marcos Maidana, Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto, Manny Pacquiao or Canelo Alvarez in 10oz gloves??!!

Holy motherfucking balls.

Is this entire affair just a way to transfer money from Irish Americans to people with eyes via Vegas bookies?

If the UFC fans pile in with bets on Conor their could be some great value in the betting - at the moment almost even money on a Floyd KO / DQ and 4/7 for the fight not to go the distance

You having a bet @Sunfish?

Exactly! Does anyone really logically think Conor hits harder than Marcos Maidana, Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto, Manny Pacquiao or Canelo Alvarez in 10oz gloves??!!
a whole army of idiots thinks that. no one can take that left!

and after the fight, when mcgregor gets his face bashed it, they'll be saying how great he is for taking this huge challenge. that, and some shit about being inefficient with his energy.

If the UFC fans pile in with bets on Conor their could be some great value in the betting - at the moment almost even money on a Floyd KO / DQ and 4/7 for the fight not to go the distance

You having a bet @Sunfish?

Odds are already dropping, free money on May weather lol

a whole army of idiots thinks that. no one can take that left!

and after the fight, when mcgregor gets his face bashed it, they'll be saying how great he is for taking this huge challenge. that, and some shit about being inefficient with his energy.
Man I really wish "PBF Mayweather" would come out for this fight and absolutely demolish Conor in an embarrasing Gatti fight type of way.
But unfortnantly it probably wont happen. It'll be a pot shot sparring sesion, Floyd wont step on the gas, he'll just outclass Conor, conor will do some shit like taunt like Floyd doesn't want to go tow to toe, floyd will win by wide decision and all Conor will talk about is how Floyd didnt want to fight.

Payback for James Toney vs Randy Couture I guess... kind of a much bigger stage though.

Man I really wish "PBF Mayweather" would come out for this fight and absolutely demolish Conor in an embarrasing Gatti fight type of way.
But unfortnantly it probably wont happen. It'll be a pot shot sparring sesion, Floyd wont step on the gas, he'll just outclass Conor, conor will do some shit like taunt like Floyd doesn't want to go tow to toe, floyd will win by wide decision and all Conor will talk about is how Floyd didnt want to fight.
you really think so?

i just can't see how conor could take clean shots from floyd for 12 rounds. he was tagged multiple times by nate diaz. can you imagine nate in a boxing ring with anyone half decent? he'd be slaughtered. besides, i'm not even sure conor can go 12 rounds even if floyd leaves him alone, he just doesn't have the cardio for it. floyd can literally land at will, and conor will hit nothing but air all night. i'm actually expecting the gatti fight, but condensed into 2 rounds.

the only way this goes more than 3 rounds is if floyd decided he would carry him, but there's really no reason for him to do that. this is an 0-0 amateur. if mayweather doesn't destroy him, he'll be mocked, and rightfully so. there's nothing wrong with decisioning a top boxer, but for him to go 12 with a debuting nobody is a travesty.

you really think so?

i just can't see how conor could take clean shots from floyd for 12 rounds. he was tagged multiple times by nate diaz. can you imagine nate in a boxing ring with anyone half decent? he'd be slaughtered. besides, i'm not even sure conor can go 12 rounds even if floyd leaves him alone, he just doesn't have the cardio for it. floyd can literally land at will, and conor will hit nothing but air all night. i'm actually expecting the gatti fight, but condensed into 2 rounds.

the only way this goes more than 3 rounds is if floyd decided he would carry him, but there's really no reason for him to do that. this is an 0-0 amateur. if mayweather doesn't destroy him, he'll be mocked, and rightfully so. there's nothing wrong with decisioning a top boxer, but for him to go 12 with a debuting nobody is a travesty.
Good point. I do believe the philosophy will be "take him into deep waters". We've heard that how many times in the corner of a Mayweather fight? Floyd and the camp relish breaking guys down late. And it could maybe be a 10th or 11th rd KO. Im curious how the hell is conor going to all of a sudden prepare to go 12 rounds when he's never done it?

Good point. I do believe the philosophy will be "take him into deep waters". We've heard that how many times in the corner of a Mayweather fight? Floyd and the camp relish breaking guys down late. And it could maybe be a 10th or 11th rd KO. Im curious how the hell is conor going to all of a sudden prepare to go 12 rounds when he's never done it?
i think they're taking guys late because those guys will diminish late. conor will diminish early.

and he will not be prepared for 12 rounds, no fucking way in hell. his strategy will be to club floyd early with some overhand wild shit, ala maidana. but he isn't fit to hold maidana's spit bucket when it comes to boxing, so he will get his teeth kicked in, also early. floyd is old, but he can decline to 10% of his former ability and still own conor in a boxing ring. the skill gap between the two is ludicrous.

UFC fans are the stupidest in the world, thats how it will sell

I'm a UFC fan who has come to like boxing. I'm pissed as shit that the mouth breathing Conor fanboys are enabling this fight to happen and equally pissed at Floyd for accepting, throw in Dana White's double standards and you have one big pile of horseshit all around.

I'm a UFC fan who has come to like boxing. I'm pissed as shit that the mouth breathing Conor fanboys are enabling this fight to happen and equally pissed at Floyd for accepting, throw in Dana White's double standards and you have one big pile of horseshit all around.
I agree It's a money grab for everyone involved, as a long time boxing fan I've come to accept the business aspect of the sport, what I don't like about this is that they're selling this as a legit fight, 12 3 minute rounds, sanctioned by the Nevada state athletic commission, at the very least this should have been an exhibition fight and that would have been more appropriate but instead this whole fight is the epitome of oppurtunistic people like Floyd and Dana, they're using their positions in order to milk as much money as possible out this fight.

Again it's business, and people should remember Floyd is IMO just as a successful businessman/athlete as Jordan, he knows what hes doing and pretty much acquired the majority of his wealth by self promotion, if you combine that with his in ring accomplishments that's very impressive, I guess he's earned the right to do a circus fight like this one.

you really think so?

If they're going to charge $70 for this, he better fabricate some drama.

TMT just saying look at what he has done in mma
Try not to laugh when they are watching clips of Conor while Floyd is pissing himself laughing at getting the easiest fight and payday.

Freakshow that reminds me of

work

Back