Bas Rutten saying what Sherdoggers already know about Conor/Khabib

the best is if Conor wins by guillotine choke in the 1st minute.

Like chael p sonnen did to shogun. That was incredible.

The few shogun fans that had the nerve to stick around were claiming it was a fluke or chael got lucky.

The only ending that would surprise me with khabib and Conor would be khabib making it to cage, and 2) khabib actually finishing him.

Sure, but Goat money, does not make GOAT fighter.

Yes it does, Mayweather gets GOAT money in boxing and is arguably GOAT boxer of his generation. Before Conor came along GSP made GOAT money in MMA and he was arguably the GOAT before Conor.

Yes it does, Mayweather gets GOAT money in boxing and is arguably GOAT boxer of his generation. Before Conor came along GSP made GOAT money in MMA and he was arguably the GOAT before Conor.
Wrong...... Money does not make the fighter, the fighter makes the money.

Wrong. Greatness is not counted by ones money, it is counted on ones accomplishments/lack there of.

Accomplishments lead to money. That's why GSP was so well paid for MMA. That's why MJ was so well paid in NBA. That's why Mayweather is so well paid in boxing, that's way Peyton Manning...I could go on. If there's one pro athlete in a sport who is by far the best paid in his sport then you bet your ass he's the GOAT of his sport, at least for that particular generation (that's only because if you move too far back into the past you have to take inflation into account)

Can you name me a pro athlete in a sport who doubles everyone else in career pay but is not considered the GOAT or one of the GOATs? Are you claiming Conor is the sole exception to the rule in all of sports?

Wasn't it going to end when he faced a top 10 opponent for the first time in Poirier?
Wasn't it going to really end when he faced an elite wrestler in Chad Mendes?
Wasn't it going to definitely end when he faced Jose Aldo?
Wasn't it going to absofuckinglutely end when he faced the LW champion?

Keep moving that goalpost buddeh.

<36>
I don’t see Nate anywhere on that list

Accomplishments lead to money. That's why GSP was so well paid for MMA. That's why MJ was so well paid in NBA. That's why Mayweather is so well paid in boxing, that's way Peyton Manning...I could go on. If there's one pro athlete in a sport who is by far the best paid in his sport then you bet your ass he's the GOAT of his sport, at least for that particular generation (that's only because if you move too far back into the past you have to take inflation into account)

Can you name me a pro athlete in a sport who doubles everyone else in career pay but is not considered the GOAT or one of the GOATs? Are you claiming Conor is the sole exception to the rule in all of sports?
Running your mouth after being created for casuals, is hardly an accomplishment. Conor never earned his title shot at 55. What else has he done for his money, other than talk? GSP, Mayweather, etc...Are all great because of their accomplishments, not because of an army of Retard's for a fanbase. His work is hardly GOAT status.

Running your mouth after being created for casuals, is hardly an accomplishment. Conor never earned his title shot at 55. What else has he done for his money, other than talk? GSP, Mayweather, etc...Are all great because of their accomplishments, not because of an army of Retard's for a fanbase. His work is hardly GOAT status.

Still waiting on another example not named McGregor in any pro sport where an athlete who gets paid 2x more than anyone else is not considered GOAT.

Still waiting on another example not named McGregor in any pro sport where an athlete who gets paid 2x more than anyone else is not considered GOAT.
Do you think he has the same MMA skills as GSP, Jones, etc? All of whom have proven their GOAT titles?
That's like saying Brock Lesnar, is a better MMA fighter than Cain Velasquez, because Brock made more for an MMA fight.
By your logic CM Punk, is a better fighter than someone like Max Holloway.

he has a punchers chance but he is damn good at landing that punch and khabib is hittable for sure

all bs aside this is such an exciting fight

Do you think he has the same MMA skills as GSP, Jones, etc? All of whom have proven their GOAT titles?

What I think is irrelevant. I can think Ronaldo has garbage soccer skills. It doesn't change the fact he's no.1 or no.2 highest paid soccer players in the world, and therefore he's one of the greatest soccer players. Money in pro sports is a much better objective measure, and Conor's pay stands heads and shoulders above everyone else's.

Think of any sport where one guy gets paid significantly more than anyone else:

Michael Phelps in swimming
Lance Armstrong in cycling
Floyd Mayweather in boxing
Tony Hawk in skateboarding
Tiger Woods in Golf
Conor McGregor in MMA

Conor's pay stands heads and shoulders above everyone else's.
This does not mean his skill level is of GOAT status.
I wonder if a poll would best answer this question?

I edited the original post you took this from, please explain this then :
That's like saying Brock Lesnar, is a better MMA fighter than Cain Velasquez, because Brock made more for an MMA fight.
By your logic CM Punk, is a better fighter than someone like EDIT: Mickey Gall.

Last edited:
If they disappeared, why are they still here? Why are there so many Conor threads in the heavies still? Could it be you're just salty and in denial?

And this is what going full retard looks like. Are you new in the heavies? Do you know who I am? Do you know who made the Conrad McGillicutty big book of excuses and spammed it all over Sherdog? I did, dummy, along with about 50 other Conor bashing shoops like this

giphy.gif

Did you actually take me as a Conrad fan? Are you so blinded by your bitterness you can't even think straight?

<36>

Bwahahah!!!1 did you just really give me the "Im famouse on the internet" line. Hahaha. Nobody gives a fuk who you are!! Tell me how many twitter followers do you have? As we all know that's the true measure of success with you Conrad ball suckers. Now your tears are even more...sad actually. And I'm not in the nile. I'm from....IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE I'M FROM!! The heavies are hardly swamped with his threads, there is no special forum for HIS GLORIOUS RETURN, and there is no world tour. Tell me how many buys you think this will have???

Khabib has a terrible finishing rate for how dominating he is. Even if Conor gets taken down, he will still get a few chances on his feet most likely.

Bwahahah!!!1 did you just really give me the "Im famouse on the internet" line. Hahaha. Nobody gives a fuk who you are!! Tell me how many twitter followers do you have? As we all know that's the true measure of success with you Conrad ball suckers. Now your tears are even more...sad actually. And I'm not in the nile. I'm from....IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE I'M FROM!! The heavies are hardly swamped with his threads, there is no special forum for HIS GLORIOUS RETURN, and there is no world tour. Tell me how many buys you think this will have???

^what going full retard looks like ladies and gents. Your salt and denial is so strong you're still calling me a Conrad ballsucker.

<36>

This does not mean his skill level is of GOAT status.
I wonder if a poll would best answer this question?

I edited the original post you took this from, please explain this then :
By your logic CM Punk, is a better fighter than someone like EDIT: Mickey Gall.

Nope, we're talking about GOAT pay, not 5th overall or 12th overall pay. Brock Lesnar doesn't have GOAT pay in MMA, neither does CM Punk, not even close. But GOAT pay, especially GOAT pay by a wide margin in any professional sport, is absolutely indication of GOAT status. Like I said, can you give another example of an athlete with 2x or more career pay than anyone else in his or her sport, but is not considered the GOAT or one of the GOATs?

If you can't, then you're saying either Conor is the single exception in all of pro sports, or he's one of the GOATs like every other case. What's far more likely?

And by the way, Brock is a 2-sport athlete: WWE and MMA, so you have to compare him to other two sport athletes. He is indeed the GOAT 2 sport athlete because as far as pro wrestler who crossed over to MMA is concerned, Brock is the most highly paid of them all.

Like I said, can you think of another case where an athlete gets paid heads and shoulders above the rest in his or her sport, but is not in GOAT contention?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back