Bas Rutten saying what Sherdoggers already know about Conor/Khabib

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by IamStryker, Aug 9, 2018.

1. franklinstower

franklinstower Brown Belt

Me too. I despise Conor on all levels of being a good human person. This can cloud the fact that he is legitimately a really good fighter and athlete.

D'z likes this.
  2. dmwalking

dmwalking Sapateiro Belt

That would be incredible.

Anyone who thought Conor had even a puncher's chance against Mayweather just doesn't know much about boxing. Conor didn't even have a puncher's chance. The only reason the fight went as long as it did is because Mayweather was letting Conor tire himself out.

3. Lemmy Caution

Lemmy Caution Green Belt

I have said this too. Conor is the opposite of the Diaz brothers. He learns from mistakes. He realizes weaknesses and improves on them. This isn't rocket science. Many fighters tend to have the mindset that my discipline is A and A is better than all other disciplines, therefore I don't need to learn discipline B. Sherdoggers recently made fun of Khabib for training boxing. It's not going to turn Khabib into a boxer, but perhaps he learns to better read boxers. As if knowing stuff is bad.

D'z and franklinstower like this.
  4. franklinstower

Tentative like cause you had to go and bust in the Diaz brothers who I like.

5. D'z

D'z Brown Belt

Agreed. He's still overrated though. I'm not convinced Khabib has the formula, but there are guys that do. . His stand-up defense is below average for the UFC, imo. That said, if he has a great chin that can take a powerful punch, this ones in the bag for him. I just don't think he's been hit in the way Conor hits.

This is a situation where I'd be ecstatic to be wrong.

I think(and I suppose we'll find out in time) that we have a round robin here at LW. I think Connor beats Khabib, Khabib beats Tony, and Tony beats Conor( sorry Kevin Lee fans, he just doesn't figure into the equation just yet).

6. franklinstower

Agreed. We know Conor is not unbeatable. He has already been beaten by Nick and as much as I love nick he is not a world beater. Conor will lose plenty IF he continues to fight.

He made good money with the mystic mac stuff so good for him. I dont like what he did to UFC and I dont think it is a step forward. I am still very curious to know and see where he is coming from because I think he did believe the mystic mac stuff but I dont see how he can at this point. This is the only piece of genuine intrigue I have with Conor.

D'z likes this.
  7. D'z

D'z Brown Belt

One effect he's had on the UFC that I sorta give him credit for, is fighters are demanding more from the UFC. And in the long run I think that will spell dividends for a lot of underpaid undervalued fighters. Simply put these guys are professional fighters, fighting for the number one promotion on earth. No way in hell should ANY OF THEM have to work a second job to make ends meet. Not saying they should all be set for life. But the lowest paid UFC fighter should be living relatively comfortably...just like any athlete in the other major sports.

franklinstower likes this.
  8. franklinstower

fair enough on the money point. Fighters should make more money.

9. Lemmy Caution

Lemmy Caution Green Belt

I like the Diaz brothers. I pretty much despise Conor. Nate is a very likeable guy when you treat him as a human being. He is sort of this honest working-class dude that doesn't stand for bs.

I would liken him to Zlatan in some ways. Time stamped

In short. I like Nate. I hate that he seems unwilling to evolve and grow. By the same token I give credit to Conor for doing that. Hate Conor all you want (like I do), but what he does as a fighter (constantly learning and improving) should be an inspiration to other fighters.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    franklinstower likes this.
  10. Wicked_1

Wicked_1 Brown Belt

Bas is right on fhis one. He didnt say ig would take a lucky shot... He said its the only way conor can win. He praised conors accuracy and power.. Also praised him for taking the fight. He knows how big of a hill it is to climb for conor, as he only has 1 way to win. If it goes to the ground.. Khabiba has advantage in a big way. Conor has been taken down by way smaller, and weaker fighters than khabib. Khabib is not smaller than conor, has more strength than anyone conor has faced and is just an animal on top. Anyone who thinks conor has more than a punchers chance is insane. He cant grapple w khabib. He cant clinch w khabib. He cant use many of his kicks vs khabib due to td threat. Its a tough hill for conor to climb. If he does..great for him, but honestly.. Looking at the fight i cant see any angle conor has an advantage else than stand up. Khabib isnt a fool, and wont try to jab conor like he did al. He will take him down and make him gas. Then when Conor loses his gas and power he will continue to punish him. Even if conor gives up like he did in 1st diaz fight... Rolling and giving his back and neck... Khabib will. Not choke him, he will continue to pound on him.

Kirin likes this.
  11. FlyThaiMMA

FlyThaiMMA Purple Belt

Not everyone picked against him against Poirer and Mendes. Stop being ridiculous

12. saltyNaCl__salt

saltyNaCl__salt Blue Belt

Bwahahah!! Yes it did. All of his "supporters" disappeared and even his stupid demands of equity and all this shit vanished. The 10's of threads about him are debunked faster than he taps. And thanks for the profile pic. It'll always remind me of your tears.

<mma1>

13. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good Yellow Card

If they disappeared, why are they still here? Why are there so many Conor threads in the heavies still? Could it be you're just salty and in denial?

And this is what going full retard looks like. Are you new in the heavies? Do you know who I am? Do you know who made the Conrad McGillicutty big book of excuses and spammed it all over Sherdog? I did, dummy, along with about 50 other Conor bashing shoops like this

[​IMG]

Did you actually take me as a Conrad fan? Are you so blinded by your bitterness you can't even think straight?

<36>

Kobra420 and TheBulletwithWings like this.
  14. Kobra420

Kobra420 Sweep The Leg. Platinum Member

The shitty thing, is that Conor refuses to fight once he gets a belt.....Why would anyone defend that shit? Or give him a shot at another belt? Just keep him as an entertainer, and give him a toy belt to hold on to.

Kirin likes this.
  15. Hellhammer84

Hellhammer84 Orange Belt

The whole Conor thing is stale as hell to me but I know like everyone who came before him that was a "superstar" .... I will miss it when hes gone. I'm admittedly an mma hipster.

16. blaseblah

blaseblah Silver Belt

What facade? He's lost in his last three fights. He's proven himself as a top fighter and also shown he has some flaws.

17. LouisBolanos

Because all the champions want to fight him too.

Kobra420 likes this.
  18. Kobra420

Kobra420 Sweep The Leg. Platinum Member

I just love how you avoid my other comments about Conor being a GOAT, because he makes so much money. ;)

LouisBolanos likes this.
  19. LouisBolanos

GOAT athletes make GOAT money in their sport, is normal.

Kobra420 likes this.
  20. swarrrm

swarrrm ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"if the striker keeps it standing he wins, if the grappler gets it to the ground he wins"

- everyone predicting fights