Barboza has looked absolutely terrible in his last fights. Retirement?

I see such similarities to something else.

(Cain) the AKA wrestler defeats Brazilan KO artist (JDS) via heavy non stop pressure and the exposed game is being taken advantage of in most of his fights afterwards.

Barboza might go on another streak so i could be wrong.

Barboza has always been overrated.

He's got great kicks and knees but a ton of holes. Zero boxing whatsoever

even Dariush was beating his ass for 2 rounds up until he got stopped.

Barboza just isn't an elite fighter.

Barboza, #4 LW, to me was one of the top LWs on the horizon.
However he's been wrestled to the ground and demolished, made to look like a washed out amateur in his last two fights. The beatings were so sobering that I was scared for his life and contemplated if retirement would be good for him.

I think his inability to wrestle and get taken down, means other fighters have caught up to the trick and now will use him as "the old man to beat down on my way to the top".

Can he overcome this?
He’s the kind of guy who loses until he wins. Remember the Dariush fight?

He is not a world beater, but you gotta
admit that he fought two elite wrestlers.

High level gatekeeper role now.

His weakness is now apparent, two elite wrestlers back to back.

He's been in the ufc for 10 years now and he's been one of the best strikers ever at lightweight, you think people are just figuring out that wrestling is the weakness of a primary striker after 10 years??

Barboza has always been overrated.

He's got great kicks and knees but a ton of holes. Zero boxing whatsoever

even Dariush was beating his ass for 2 rounds up until he got stopped.

Barboza just isn't an elite fighter.

He's been in the top 5ish at lightweight for years in the ufc, he's the definition of an elite fighter. He's been kickboxing since he was 6 and trains with Franke and Eddie, two of the best wrestlers in mma.

We've never known that it was this bad.
It's not bad, Khabib makes everyone look bad, Lee is division 1 wrestler. Are you trying to suggest stopping the takedowns of accomplished grapplers like Darisuh, Gilbert Melendez, Bobby Green and most everyone else at lightweight makes him have bad tdd?

Need I remind you all that he stopped numerous takedowns from Khabib and almost had Kevin Lee out. Mma fans are so fickle, you'll all be talking about how legit Barboza is when he starches his next opponent (probably Gaethje)

Fuck no.
Barboza is a bad dude.

Very frustrating to watch, it was like he learned nothing from the Khabib fight. Even his trainer told him to keep his back away from the fence after the first round, but it Was too late as his soul Was already crushed. And then he connects the kick and walks straight into Lee like a zombie and gets Taken down. He needs to improve his fight IQ badly

This. And they huge.They both could make live shows out of their weigh ins because them making weight is “big drama show”. Edson is 170 year round, he always posts it on Instagram.

On the bright side, maybe people will stop questioning his toughness?
170 walkaround weight is small for a LW, if he's that all year round. I used to weigh that and could make 155 comfortably over three days.

Lee would be 180-185, easily. There's a reason he struggles so much making weight.

I think Barboza has just been figured out. That's all. There is a very obvious blueprint on how to beat him. He has to change or get beaten in the same way.

<45>good trolling OP.

I've also views Barbosa as a bit of a poor man's Jose Aldo jnr.

He's tough but the last two match ups for him have been absolutely terrible. After a nice long holiday, he needs a "Just let me bang, bro" type of fight

He fought the two best grapplers in the division, back to back.

He does well against almost everyone else at LW.
my sentiments exactly. Against lesser wrestlers he's dominating. He's just faced 2 larger and stronger opponents. I think that says a lot about him taking 2 very dangerous fights.

Back