Barboza has looked absolutely terrible in his last fights. Retirement?

Sarge3000

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Barboza, #4 LW, to me was one of the top LWs on the horizon.
However he's been wrestled to the ground and demolished, made to look like a washed out amateur in his last two fights. The beatings were so sobering that I was scared for his life and contemplated if retirement would be good for him.

I think his inability to wrestle and get taken down, means other fighters have caught up to the trick and now will use him as "the old man to beat down on my way to the top".

Can he overcome this?

He fought the two best grapplers in the division, back to back.

He does well against almost everyone else at LW.

He should

14330163_10154477032863416_6244013127599541358_n1.jpg

One knee to the head when Lee was dancing, and this thread would be about Lee's retirement

Is it just me or were those Cain/JDS level? Those two fights can really fuck up his life

He fought the two best grapplers in the division, back to back.

He does well against almost everyone else at LW.
This. And they huge.They both could make live shows out of their weigh ins because them making weight is “big drama show”. Edson is 170 year round, he always posts it on Instagram.

On the bright side, maybe people will stop questioning his toughness?

He has contracted the deadly CTE virus now

i dont think he looked terrible at all, in fact i thought he looked very good, especially against Lee.

He fought two of the best grapplers in the UFC, never gave up, and almost killed Lee with a spinning kick. Nobody else in the LW division can do what Khabib and Lee did to him.

Always look forward to Barboza's fights and I think he should take some time off and relax for a bit

No. He should work on his wrasslin, tdd and jiu jitsu and come back stronger for revenge. He still is young.

Looked like he always does tbqh. Khabib and Lee are next level and Dariush ain’t shit either ( and he eventually won that )

No he just fought two high level guys who are already bad matchups.

Also, and I'm not just saying this because he lost, but although I like Barboza he was too highly ranked imo.

He shot up the rankings based on wins over a past his prime Pettis and a post failed drug test Gilbert Melendez who is about as shot a fighter can be.

He's a solid fighter who could be ranked #5 or #15 based on who you match him up with.

Edson shouldn’t retire, but it’s time that accepts that he won’t ever be champion or fight for the belt.

Back