Barboza has looked absolutely terrible in his last fights. Retirement?

He took two JDS level beat downs

I guess lets wait and see how he looks in his next fight first but I wouldn't be shocked if he comes out looking shot like JDS did

I think Barboza has just been figured out. That's all. There is a very obvious blueprint on how to beat him. He has to change or get beaten in the same way.

Guy should go back to Brazil and drill TDD with Aldo.

First the bluepring was "just pressure him" now it's been magically revealed to be "wrestling".

but he beat several elite fighters throughout years and became top 5 at the hardest division.

Everyone who loses should retire

Some guys come back from a humiliating defeat to win a (second) world title.

dsc_8765-810x541.jpg

It all comes down to heart and strength of mind.

his TDD is awesome.

Neither his TDD or his get ups are on prime Aldo's level.

No wrestler ever beat Aldo with wrestling, though that was always the strategy. So the idea of beating Aldo on the ground was abandoned and guys had to figure out a way to beat him on the feet. And a couple eventually did.

Hard to see such great fighters fade a bit.
These guys dont last long

Don't think it makes sense to retire before allowing himself to test himself once more in the cage. The beatings he took in the last two fights have probably taken their toll, but he might be durable and can continue on for a couple of years and still look elite. He should take a break for the rest of the year though and work on his weaknesses.

id like to see him have a go at FW, Barboza Max would be sweet

Grappling kills Barboza, liked his chances on the standup but Kevin wanted none of that, he should take some time off after these two wars and move to a different camp, has been dominated on the ground badly by them two, great grapplers as well but still, dude is all heart and was still kicking and throwing till the end.

He’s had a very rough line up of opponents fairly fast. ( time flies I may be wrong)).
He had his moments in the lee fight. The rules failed barboza when he had lee hurt . I hate moments
Like that in mma.
I think he just needs some time off. He’s not an easy fight for anybody as he is.
Another thing is Lee didn’t have to suffer on the scales for this fight. Just his wallet.

Grappling kills Barboza, liked his chances on the standup but Kevin wanted none of that, he should take some time off after these two wars and move to a different camp, has been dominated on the ground badly by them two, great grapplers as well but still, dude is all heart and was still kicking and throwing till the end.

Barboza has really gotten through some horrific spots lately. Very impressive.
He’s an animal. I was impressed by both guys last night.

I think his next 2-3 fights will be against lower-caliber opponents and he's most likely going to knock them out in brutal fashion.

Back