Barboza about McGregor: "I would rip his leg off"

Lol people are hyping Conor up as if he was a p4p top 5 fighter. He just lost this year against the only guy that he didn't have a huge reach and size advantage against. He is a joke. match him up against guys his size and he gets eaten alive

Lol people are hyping Conor up as if he was a p4p top 5 fighter. He just lost this year against the only guy that he didn't have a huge reach and size advantage against. He is a joke. match him up against guys his size and he gets eaten alive
Yeah, time for Mystic Mac to pick on someone a little bigger than Chad "Barney Rubble" Mendes. Let's start here:
UNILAD-Featmountain7355.jpg

Make it happen Uncle Dana.

why would you assume that according to my post?? does my post contains any illogical stuff??
Anything happens in a fight, but what happens the most against McG???He knocks people out or TKO. But pe
why would you assume that according to my post?? does my post contains any illogical stuff??
not illogical just pathetic how most of you ignore what most likely will happen which is Conor knocks Barbozo out.

I seriously love Barboza, one of the most exciting fighters on the roster, but it definitely wouldn't be as easy as he's making it sound. How people can still be sleeping on Conor's KO ability shocks me. How many guys does he have to TKO, KO before people see he has legit power. Now does he have a ground game or TDD or wrestling, that's where you can debate, but the boys got hands. Barboza vs Conor would be an excellent fight

Barboza incredibly overrated. There's a reason why he's never come close to a title shot. Has no chance against the top fighters.
He just recently beat former champ Pettis and is one or 2 fights from a title shot depending on matchups

Yet you wont ever be able to detail those so called "weaknesses" and prove it with any kind of consistent examples

Your post is so hilariously off the mark its amusing

Shertards who dont know shit about MMA who are always picking against Conor no matter who he fights, dont mean anything

Theres a reason WHY Conor is always the favorite

Theres a reason WHY, when it comes time to actually put your money where your mouth is, Conor is always the betting favorite

Because when money is on the line and it comes time to look at fights objectively, Conor's skills and fight IQ are undeniably next dimension compared to all his peers

Conor is the biggest draw in combat sports...BECAUSE OF CONOR...and theres many reasons that come from that

Conor's charisma
Conor's skills and IQ
Conor's exciting style
Conor always backing everything up

You could list a hundred reasons....but none of them have to do with what you are saying

Conor would still sell 1 million buys fighting a janitor in the high school gym

One of those reaons for Conor's monumental start power is also the fact Conor is always attempting to make history etc
Calm down dude, I'm not trashing Connor. I'm just saying that part of his appeal is that everyone thinks they can beat him because they think they can exploit his aparent weaknesses. It has proven very difficult to get to him and that makes it even more impressive what he's done.

And the reason why connor is always the betting favourite is that more people are betting on him than on the other guy, popularity has as much to do with it as skill level.

And before you go off on another rant, calm down and breathe.

Barboza has some nasty kicks for sure, but if he plans on countering like that I'm gonna guess Conor can take more kicks to the leg than Barboza can left hands to the chin.

Barboza has become hard to hit now that he fights with more discipline. He knows how to get his head off-line plus the impact of the kick is so hard that the opponent can't push through with a decent punch as his lead leg is being moved by the impact. Same is true if Barboza leads with the kick and the opponent attempts to counter, or if it's a middle kick. No one is going to walk through that.

Barboza does seem to gas pretty fast though, and gets sloppy once that happens. That fight is a coin toss IMO.

That would be a really fun fight. Maybe Barboza could get something going & win.

Normally Conor would have fought him lower on the ranks. Instead, he skipped opponents like that to fight for the title right away. I don't see Barboza getting a title shot.

Conor is the most overrated fighter on these boards lmao apparently nobody can outstrike him, outgrapple him, outpoint him or outwit him.

Feed Conor the the flyweight that he lost to. Bring Sherdog back down to Earth about Conor.

Oh btw, Barboza tkos Conor with leg kicks before Conor turns into a NCAA Wrestler...AGAIN.

If McGregor were so easy to beat, he wouldn't be paid like he is lol.

Besides Khabib I think Barboza would be the second most interesting matchup at LW for McGregor. I really don't think he has a glass chin but is capable of being KOed. He's been in some good fights where he's taken some shots to the face and remained unfazed. I'd love to see this matchup personally. I consider both to be the best strikers in the division so there should be fireworks.

Yet you wont ever be able to detail those so called "weaknesses" and prove it with any kind of consistent examples

Your post is so hilariously off the mark its amusing

Shertards who dont know shit about MMA who are always picking against Conor no matter who he fights, dont mean anything

Theres a reason WHY Conor is always the favorite

Theres a reason WHY, when it comes time to actually put your money where your mouth is, Conor is always the betting favorite

Because when money is on the line and it comes time to look at fights objectively, Conor's skills and fight IQ are undeniably next dimension compared to all his peers

Conor is the biggest draw in combat sports...BECAUSE OF CONOR...and theres many reasons that come from that

Conor's charisma
Conor's skills and IQ
Conor's exciting style
Conor always backing everything up

You could list a hundred reasons....but none of them have to do with what you are saying

Conor would still sell 1 million buys fighting a janitor in the high school gym

One of those reaons for Conor's monumental start power is also the fact Conor is always attempting to make history etc
You are a pussy

Anything happens in a fight, but what happens the most against McG???He knocks people out or TKO. But pe

not illogical just pathetic how most of you ignore what most likely will happen which is Conor knocks Barbozo out.

that's a very legit outcome however i lean towards Barboza more on his kicking game and reach.

that's a very legit outcome however i lean towards Barboza more on his kicking game and reach.
anything can happen in any fight and anyone can beat anyone. But it makes me laugh how Sherdog quickly dismisses how good Conor really is. The one fight I thought Conor could lose was Diaz and Conor learned a lot from that fight and obviously made adjustments.

RHODES: How do you think you would win?
BARBOZA: I fight him standing, brother. I'm going to brawl. Certainly. No doubt. I would rip his leg off.
RHODES: You have to be careful with his straight left.
BARBOZA: Yeah, but when he punches, he leaves the leg exactly in the place I like to kick.

Truth.

Back