Bands, musicians you just don't get

KISS.
Bunch of hacks. I’d paint my face too so no one would recognize me playing such shitty music.
The KISS movies, when i was a child, were cool though. Doubt they aged well.

Kiss are terrible and Gene is a huge douche.

10xwy14.jpg

Classic rock guy, here. I never liked Rush and friends couldn’t believe it. Also never understood the love for Ozzie‘s solo stuff, though I did like Sabbath.

Ozzy with Randy Rhodes is the GOAT Ozzy era.

In this song RR, PWNS Tony Iommi on his own song..

{<hhh] SO YOU'RE STUPID OPINION, WAS INVALID.

10xwy14.jpg

@Goon Dog

And Rush still wrote one of the greatest Prog Rock songs of all time.

They can go hard too.

{<hhh].

I liked Getty in Great White North with Bob and Doug Mackenzie lol. Respect the hell out of Peart. I just don't like their music and I can't really say why. Just don't.

Imagine Dragons.

I'd like to imagine a dragon burning them all to ash.

I've heard of these people. Them, Asking Alexandria and Bring Me The Horizon are the usual punching bags among the metalheads today. Frankly, let it be their rite of passage. If they survive being shat on, that'll imply some sort of enduring quality. If, as is more likely, they go on the trash heap of music history, that'll just confirm my bias that rock and metal are still being carried by the of school, with no new school to speak of...

God, posts like this are soooo fucking stupid and always typed by chubby white guys who don't even listen to rap

Nope... Don't listen to that garbage anymore...

Fucking sucks and all sounds the same

Last edited:
Tool. Why?

Taylor Swift. No musical talent, yet has a tremendous fan base.

I'll disagree about Jimi. As a guitarist there's no overstating where he took electric playing.
I think people overlook a lot of the impact his contemporaries had. Hendrix took a lot from Buddy Guy. I mean, he was a very talented guitarist, no doubt. But what did he really do that Clapton wasn't doing at the time?

It isn't even by comparison.
His playing is so simple, it needs a ton of emotion to carry it.
But what I hear is simple and uninteresting.

I feel like I've known players with two years under their belt that are better.
Sure, he wasn't a shredder. I got to see him live a couple of times and often, he only played his guitar for 30 seconds of a song . He's just put on a show while his band carried the songs. I never really thought of him as a great guitarist but more of a performer.

All those hair metal bands from the 80s were awful. How did they get popular is a mystery. Everything from their music to their style was awful.
Madonna is another.

B.B. King.

I hear unremarkable playing, against unremarkable rhythm sections. Every time I'm out somewhere and he comes on, I go check to see who's playing this rudimentary stuff, and of course it's BB.

Why does he have such a great rep, why is he so highly respected as a guitarist? Blues playing is all about feel and passion, and I don't hear that in his solos.
Fuck you, mother fucker.

Sure, he wasn't a shredder. I got to see him live a couple of times and often, he only played his guitar for 30 seconds of a song . He's just put on a show while his band carried the songs. I never really thought of him as a great guitarist but more of a performer.
I suppose this is from a guitarists standpoint.
He was certainly a huge influence and great, fun showman.
I just hear a lot of other players talking about his skill.
I don't evaluate him as a shredder or use that as a yardstick, it would be inappropriate to his style.

But give me Albert Collins...

How about as a musician?
Killer. Showman, innovator, in touch with his crowd, able to direct the mood. Cared about giving people their money's worth. Affable. I would stay from the first note to the last; not for his style or skill but for everything else. He WANTS people to leave feeling good about where they've been for a few hours.

Tool. Why?

Taylor Swift. No musical talent, yet has a tremendous fan base.

Taylor Swift is awesome. She's a true poet with her lyrics and her songs are always so true to the heart.

Verse:

I met a boy
Everything was great
He looked at a girl
Now I am mad
So here is his dick size...

and on to the chorus that tells you personal things about an ex she's still mad at.

Actually one band that does come to mind for me is TOOL...

I love me some rock music but I just never got the fasination of them. I mean yeah besides haveing some creepy cool music videos I just couldn't get into them..

Kind of like Gorillaz, to me they just seem like bands everyone is waiting to see their new video not listen to their music..

Meh...

<DisgustingHHH>

Back