Bands, musicians you just don't get

Outside of the obvious radio BS...

The Eagles - Their music is boring as fuck.
The Who - Don't get it at all.
Aerosmith - Someone called them the Nickelback of classic rock in this thread. I will agree.
Pantera - I love metal around this time period but could never get into them. I think it's because I can't stand Phil's vocals.
Ozzy Osbourne's solo work is all so shitty. It's a shame because I'm a huge fan of the first line-up of Black Sabbath.
Moteley Crue - Probably the worst band on this list. All hair metal was awful.

Modern Hip Hop any thing with Triplets flow in their vocal track
Any Mumble rap.
80% of the bands who were at this years Coachella.

10xwy14.jpg

Ozzy with Randy Rhodes is the GOAT Ozzy era.

In this song RR, PWNS Tony Iommi on his own song..

{<hhh] SO YOU'RE STUPID OPINION, WAS INVALID.

I like his playing on Mr. Crowley and Over the Mountain. He had an awesome, heavy tone.

U2, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Beyonce, R&B. country music and rap.

10xwy14.jpg

RR > BG and RANDY RHODES + OZZY was greater than Sabbath IMO. Although Sabbath still great and no Ozzy with out Sabbath. So we cannot forget or give credit to all members of Sabbath.

<Y2JSmirk> . Brad Gills was legit though.
Gillis was only good for that record. He soon joined Night Ranger and the rest is meh

I think people overlook a lot of the impact his contemporaries had. Hendrix took a lot from Buddy Guy. I mean, he was a very talented guitarist, no doubt. But what did he really do that Clapton wasn't doing at the time?
He was doing things at the time that Clapton wishes he was doing. Hendrix arrived in London in late November of 1966 and about a week later manager Chas Chandler invited Jimi to the Cream gig on October 1st at London Polytechnic. Jimi made a request to Eric Clapton to jam on stage with Cream. Clapton commented later on ""He asked if he could play a couple of numbers. I said, Of course, but I had a funny feeling about him". Jimi proceeded to get on stage halfway through Cream's set and performed a frantic version of Howlin' Wolfs Killing Floor leaving Clapton stunned causing him to walk off stage. Clapton has said that he liked Killing Floor but the song was too difficult for him to play at the time. The rest of Cream were also in awe of Hendrix and his playing. In 1989 Clapton had this to say about the performance "He played just about every style you could think of, and not in a flashy way. I mean he did a few of his tricks, like playing with his teeth and behind his back, but it wasn't in an upstaging sense at all, and that was it ... He walked off, and my life was never the same again".

So yeah Jimi was doing things at the time that Clapton himself could only dream of and all of Jimi's contemporaries at the time will tell you that he changed the way everyone in rock plays the guitar. We truly do not know just how great of a guitarist Jimi would have become because he died way too young at the age of 27. The stuff he did produce while he was alive was like nothing else at the time.

Mumble rap

Today’s rap is largely fucking garbage. Some of it is still good though.

So, pretty much every band and musician known to man has been or will be listed. I will say, this shows how different everyones tastes are.

He was doing things at the time that Clapton wishes he was doing. Hendrix arrived in London in late November of 1966 and about a week later manager Chas Chandler invited Jimi to the Cream gig on October 1st at London Polytechnic. Jimi made a request to Eric Clapton to jam on stage with Cream. Clapton commented later on ""He asked if he could play a couple of numbers. I said, Of course, but I had a funny feeling about him". Jimi proceeded to get on stage halfway through Cream's set and performed a frantic version of Howlin' Wolfs Killing Floor leaving Clapton stunned causing him to walk off stage. Clapton has said that he liked Killing Floor but the song was too difficult for him to play at the time. The rest of Cream were also in awe of Hendrix and his playing. In 1989 Clapton had this to say about the performance "He played just about every style you could think of, and not in a flashy way. I mean he did a few of his tricks, like playing with his teeth and behind his back, but it wasn't in an upstaging sense at all, and that was it ... He walked off, and my life was never the same again".

So yeah Jimi was doing things at the time that Clapton himself could only dream of and all of Jimi's contemporaries at the time will tell you that he changed the way everyone in rock plays the guitar. We truly do not know just how great of a guitarist Jimi would have become because he died way too young at the age of 27. The stuff he did produce while he was alive was like nothing else at the time.
Meh, they'd all say that about each other. I agree he was a very talented guitarist, I just don't agree he really did shit that no one else had ( and I don't really like his songs but that subjective). Cream's first album came out before Jimi's. It has all of the things Jimi is celebrated for.

Hell this song could be on a Hendrix album aside from the obnoxious harmonica.

Meh, they'd all say that about each other. I agree he was a very talented guitarist, I just don't agree he really did shit that no one else had ( and I don't really like his songs but that subjective). Cream's first album came out before Jimi's. It has all of the things Jimi is celebrated for.
I understand where you are coming from but at the same time musicians were saying this stuff when Jimi was still alive so that says something. I always felt and this just me but Clapton made his best music and most personal music after his son died. I like Clapton by the way just am a bigger fan of Hendrix

As per bands I cannot get or do not like I'd have to say Radiohead. I tried to get into them a few years ago but couldn't. Ended up listening to OK Computer and Kid A the other day and still I didn't find what was so special about the band and their music.

I'll never understand why people like heavy metal. Just sounds like obnoxious loud noises to me. Metallica is about as hard as I can handle, but that's because they actually put melody and harmony into their music.

Tool. Why?

Taylor Swift. No musical talent, yet has a tremendous fan base.

Listening to Parabol and Parabola while flying down a mountain at 50-60 mph in Steamboat Springs, CO is the closest I've ever been to a religious experience.

I think people overlook a lot of the impact his contemporaries had. Hendrix took a lot from Buddy Guy. I mean, he was a very talented guitarist, no doubt. But what did he really do that Clapton wasn't doing at the time?
lead singing while playing lead guitar? at least I think so. Also I dont believe clapton wrote any of the good cream songs. I think that was jack bruce who did most of them. also the production on jimi's albums was really good and ground breaking.

And Korn. I have no clue why they ever got nationally known.

Korn is awesome. I like the whole way they have their guitars and shit an octave lower (or whatever). Their drummer was ridiculous. Guitarists were good and so was their bass player.
Their singer is also fucking ridiculous.

I think some people don't like them because they get lumped in with nu-metal. But fucking Sepultura started nu metal with Chaos AD.

I don't get Grateful Dead. Lot's of my friends were into them during college. Fuck that shit.

True, if serious.
In my area I'm considered quite good, but all I hear is my mistakes. It bothers me to hear myself described as a good player.
We all have players that just don't do it for us

Are you a professional musician?

Back