Bands, musicians you just don't get

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
B.B. King.

I hear unremarkable playing, against unremarkable rhythm sections. Every time I'm out somewhere and he comes on, I go check to see who's playing this rudimentary stuff, and of course it's BB.

Why does he have such a great rep, why is he so highly respected as a guitarist? Blues playing is all about feel and passion, and I don't hear that in his solos.

Also, and everybody *gasp*, but apart from his early, energetic electric blues material, Clapton became boring. Slowhanded. Sleep inducing.

And Korn. I have no clue why they ever got nationally known.

Imagine Dragons.

I'd like to imagine a dragon burning them all to ash.

Master of Puppets and most of Metallica. Master of Puppets is an awful shitty song, particularly after the middle.

Damage Inc. is awesome though.

99% of rap music and hip hop is painful to listen. Modern rap is not even music. It's just fucking annoying noise and idiotic people moaning on the microfone.

Last edited:
Master of Puppets is a awful shitty song, particularly after the middle.

<{fry}>

Most of the modern pop music is awful, bland and doesn't give me anything.

Master of Puppets and most of Metallica. Master of Puppets is a awful shitty song, particularly after the middle.

Damage Inc. is awesome though.

99% of rap music and hip hop is painful to listen. Modern rap is not even music. It's just fucking annoying noise and idiotic people moaning on the microfone.
Everything up to Master was good.
But Hammett, oof. Slop.

Just about everything after rock died and the vampires took over the music industry. Now you have to dig deep to find it.

Billy Joel.

Uptown Girl, are you fucking kidding with that schlock?

Still Rock and Roll?

Bad cheese.

most of the new popular stuff. the chainsmokers are complete and total trash. there is absolutely no soul or feeling to that crap. also, not sure how popular they are, but i heard something called Panic! at the disco yesterday and that was some of the worst music ever.

also, that meet me in the middle song may be the worst song i have ever heard. its just her saying that 50 times in a row. the girl is actually a good singer though, at least from her country work. but i guess she will leave that to become a pop star now

Let's just go with anything thats on the radio right now..

for more classic stuff, rush, led zepplin, styxx and the doors all come to mind

The music industry is not a meritocracy, and who ultimately ends up being the most revered in the zeitgeist of their era, is a lot of luck, the media, marketing, and just generally being the right face at the right time. John Lennon once said the Beatles were "just a band, that made it very, very, big". While an obvious exaggeration, the point is taken. More or less, people will hold in high regard, what society dictates they hold in high regard.

That said...

Dylan was a great songwriter. While his technical ability as a musician is lacking, his style of music doesn't lend itself to technical proficiency. It's meant to sound like some guy in a back alley somewhere is playing it.

Pearl Jam
Bruce Springsteen
Gaslight Anthem

Oh, and that metal band with the zombie Pope. Forget the name.

Classic rock guy, here. I never liked Rush and friends couldn’t believe it. Also never understood the love for Ozzie‘s solo stuff, though I did like Sabbath.

We Will Rock You and We are the Champions by Queen are probably the two worst rock songs of all time.

Back