Ban Jon Jones for life.

And your point? So have many of the other top UFC fighters that are still competing in the UFC. He cheated twice. He will likely get a lengthy suspension. If he serves that, he has the option to come back.

Is this so confusing to you?

The TS feels Jones should be banned for life for getting caught twice for PED's but that's not really what it's about. Let's ban all the fighters that have used PED's! Oh wait, who will be left to fight?

Like I said, I get that Jones cheated twice and I have no sympathy for him at all. However, there are punishments in place for it. He will get punished and maybe come back. It's that simple.
You said it was "out of the ring antics" and "personal stuff" that you didn't care about. He cheated. Repeatedly. That's not "personal stuff" that's "outside the ring." You seem unaware of reality.

Ok Captain TMZ... Did he rear end your pregnant wife? Did he steal your coke?

I simply don't get why you little girls are so concerned about his life outside the ring. How about watching some real news?

I don't support the use of PED's and offenders should get punished. (I do not think weed should be punishable mind you). However, to lump Jones' antics outside the ring with his professional career is frankly silly.

He cheated, he got caught, like so many other top UFC fighters. He will get punished.

lol@TMZ. These are literal FACTS about Jones. Its funny you call people little girls, when actual real men call for personal responsibility, accountability and punishment, while little fucking fan girls like you fawn over Jon Jones and are willing to forgive him for anything he does. What's next? Murder?

Deserves 4 years at the very least. Guy has been caught with multiple substances and is repeat offender who clearly doesn't learn

You said it was "out of the ring antics" and "personal stuff" that you didn't care about. He cheated. Repeatedly. That's not "personal stuff" that's "outside the ring." You seem unaware of reality.

He cheated "TWICE"... You can count that high right? He has had 18 matches in the UFC and failed a drug test for one of them. I guess for your benefit, "repeatedly" is more than one. Has he used PED's for more fights? I have no idea and neither do you. Try not to confuse fact and opinion.

Frankly, it's not up to you or anyone else to decide what punishment Jones will receive for failing a second drug test. There is a mechanism in place for that.

Everyone ranting that Jones should be banned from the UFC (silly but true) is lumping together his transgressions outside the ring with those inside.

Take any other fighter in the UFC that is popular, let him get dinged for PED's twice, and I assure you no one will be calling for his banning from the sport. Fans will be pissed and rightly so, but like I said they get punished and move on. Jones gets a lot of hate for what he has done outside the ring, take his two failed drug tests in a vacuum and it's not career ending.

lol@TMZ. These are literal FACTS about Jones. Its funny you call people little girls, when actual real men call for personal responsibility, accountability and punishment, while little fucking fan girls like you fawn over Jon Jones and are willing to forgive him for anything he does. What's next? Murder?

Drama queen much?

I'm a fan of fights, not fighters. And frankly, if garbage sites like TMZ weren't reporting on this crap, chances are the majority of the public would not have any idea that it had happened. People have car accidents, DUI's etc. everyday. Jones' gets his publicized because he is a public figure.

At no point have i "fawned" over Jones. He is a drug cheat and that discredits him in my point. I do not forgive him for that. What he does outside the ring is completely irrelevant. If he commits a crime (like murder as you pointed out), he goes to prison. That's the way the system works. If he got off harsher punishment for whatever crimes he committed due to wealth or the UFC's influence, what does that matter to me?

You (and others here) are acting like Jones has in some way personally harmed you. He hasn't. This is a sport and entertainment. If you don't want to watch him fight, there is a very easy solution - don't.

"Jon Jones only got popped for PED because he's black" - Tyrone Woodley

Imagine if he came back at 34, absolutely demolished his first opponent in his opening fight, got a title shot, won it, then his prefight drug test pops.

Wouldn't surprise me, although I bet Jones gets the title shot on his ufc return.

Used to be a huge jones fan, but I think PED use in combat sports is a serious issue. I wanted to believe him after the first time, didn't really but I wanted to, but now with this?

Give him the lifetime ban, fucking up other people's brains while cheating is a lot different than just biking really fast or hitting more home runs.

He cheated "TWICE"... You can count that high right?
Actually, he popped for banned substances twice (once for more than one banned substance) and was disqualified for illegal elbows. That's cheating, and it's more than twice just off the top of my head. Which isn't to mention his blatant illegal eye gouging which has been caught on video.

BTW, I don't recommend you try to make this a comparison of intelligence. You will lose.

Frankly, it's not up to you or anyone else to decide what punishment Jones will receive for failing a second drug test. There is a mechanism in place for that.
It's up to me to say what I think should happen to him, because we're on a discussion board dedicated to the UFC and issues related to it. If you don't like that, click elsewhere.

Everyone ranting that Jones should be banned from the UFC (silly but true) is lumping together his transgressions outside the ring with those inside.
And that's perfectly fine. You can be banned for actions detrimental to the reputation of an organization, or actions that occur before you even enter. The NBA makes no bones about doing it.

Take any other fighter in the UFC that is popular, let him get dinged for PED's twice, and I assure you no one will be calling for his banning from the sport.
Actually if someone failed twice and tested positive for an anabolic steroid the second time, there probably would be people calling for them to be banned just because of the range of reactions you get. Nonetheless, people can be banned from a sport or organization due to a long history of actions inside and outside of the organization, which damage the reputation of the organization as well as indicating an unlikelihood to change behavior.

Fans will be pissed and rightly so, but like I said they get punished and move on. Jones gets a lot of hate for what he has done outside the ring, take his two failed drug tests in a vacuum and it's not career ending.
We don't live in a vacuum and you haven't indicated any reason to treat Jones that way.

Aye, permaban this guy. Terrible role model, terrible opponent, terrible for the sport.

Ban this guy for life.

MMA don't need this guy.

Ban Jon Jones for life.

i don't know about for life. that's pretty harsh. but a part of me agrees. at least if i were the ufc. i mean how many times are you going to allow a fighter to either ruin a card and make the ufc look bad? what he brings may not be worth it. and now? when the hell is he going to fight again? this is his worst setback, at least in terms of his fighting career. dude has to seriously look himself in the mirror and asses his life, and where it's heading.

at least, it took DC a roided out scumbag cheater to cry. JJ cried like a bitch when he got caught cheating last time.

Haha true. "They ruined my special night" haha guy is Jekl & Hyde - Christian / Coke Fiend...

i don't know about for life. that's pretty harsh. but a part of me agrees. at least if i were the ufc. i mean how many times are you going to allow a fighter to either ruin a card and make the ufc look bad? what he brings may not be worth it. and now? when the hell is he going to fight again? this is his worst setback, at least in terms of his fighting career. dude has to seriously look himself in the mirror and asses his life, and where it's heading.

I'm glad you can see the point. They need to set an example for others. Talent is not a ticket for special treatment when it comes to breaking rules and laws.

Actually, he popped for banned substances twice (once for more than one banned substance) and was disqualified for illegal elbows. That's cheating, and it's more than twice just off the top of my head. Which isn't to mention his blatant illegal eye gouging which has been caught on video.

BTW, I don't recommend you try to make this a comparison of intelligence. You will lose.

It's up to me to say what I think should happen to him, because we're on a discussion board dedicated to the UFC and issues related to it. If you don't like that, click elsewhere.

And that's perfectly fine. You can be banned for actions detrimental to the reputation of an organization, or actions that occur before you even enter. The NBA makes no bones about doing it.

Actually if someone failed twice and tested positive for an anabolic steroid the second time, there probably would be people calling for them to be banned just because of the range of reactions you get. Nonetheless, people can be banned from a sport or organization due to a long history of actions inside and outside of the organization, which damage the reputation of the organization as well as indicating an unlikelihood to change behavior.

We don't live in a vacuum and you haven't indicated any reason to treat Jones that way.

Clearly your panties are in a bit of a knot... I'll let you be :) Hey let me know when that honorary Mensa membership shows up in the mail.

Back