BAMMA 31 VS Cage Warriors 86 (Battle for London)

cheese32166

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The 2 top UK promotions go head to head in the capital.

Who has the best card on paper and who will ultimately deliver the best show?

Friday

BAMMA 31

BAMMA Welterweight Title: Nathan Jones (11-5) vs. Alex Lohore (12-1)

BAMMA Middleweight Title: Yannick Bahati (8-2) vs. Mike Shipman (10-1)

BAMMA Featherweight Title: Damien Lapilus (15-7-1) vs. Daniel Crawford (9-1)

Welterweight Bout: Aaron Chalmers (1-0) vs. Alex Thompson (0-0)

Welterweight Bout: Josh Collins (8-2) vs. Martyn Harris (4-3)

Featherweight Bout: Charlie-Boy Howard (0-0) vs. David Khalsa (1-0)

Lightweight Bout: Ollie Mathis (1-3) vs. Nathan Rose (4-1)

Featherweight Bout: Tanvir Boora (3-0) vs. Liam Davies (2-0)

Bantamweight Bout: Javid Basharat (3-0) vs. Tony Hall (3-3)

Middleweight Bout: Alex Montagnani (8-2-1) vs. Martin Hudson (4-3)

Welterweight Bout: Marcin Zywica (1-0) vs. Jagz Singh (5-2)

Welterweight Bout: James Reedman (1-0) vs. Tommy King (0-0)

Saturday

Cage Warriors 86

Nathaniel Wood vs Josh Reed (bantamweight title)

Jamie Richardson vs Håkon Foss (welterweight bout)

Sam Creasey vs Paul Marin (flyweight bout)

Sean Carter vs Joe McColgan (lightweight bout)

Junior Karanta vs Adel Ghaddou (heavyweight bout)

Preliminary Card

Darren O’Gorman vs Brian Bouland (bantamweight bout)

Fabien Gallinaro vs Jean N’Doye (150lbs catchweight bout)

Marcus Paul vs Maciej Gierszewski (middleweight bout)

Arvydas Juska vs Alex Thorne (middleweight bout)

Eric Nolan vs Mehdi Saadi (150lb catchweight bout)

I'd say BAMMA has the better overall fights, but I much prefer the main event to Cage Warriors this weekend. If I had to pick one to watch I'd go with BAMMA, but luckily one is tonight and the other is tomorrow.

Don't know too much about a lot of the fighters. I'm gonna watch BAMMA Tonight on 'Dave' though. Hopefully there will be a good few fights.

Don't know too much about a lot of the fighters. I'm gonna watch BAMMA Tonight on 'Dave' though. Hopefully there will be a good few fights.

Yeah I saw Dave advertising it
Weird but I guess they have the demographic so why not

Yeah I saw Dave advertising it
Weird but I guess they have the demographic so why not

I didn't realised 'dave' showed the fights until i saw it advertised yesterday. I think its channel 5 that shows some cage warrriors cards. Im pretty happy about it to be honest. Get to have a few beers on a friday and hopefully watch some decent fights. Its on at a decent time aswell. 9pm-11pm. So not sat up until 5am in the morning like usual haha. Hopefully get to see some good up and coming fighters aswell.

Just know Aaron Chalmers is probably gonna win pretty easily because he's a reality TV star that's gonna be given easy opponents all his life.

I prefer the Cage Warriors card personally but the BAMMA card is a relatively low-key one, whereas Cage Warriors are showcasing some of their best talent. I prefer the Cage Warriors production too but BAMMA seems to have the depth in their roster at the moment.

thanx for the heads up,had no idea Dave was showing this

Good prelims so far.

Missed the prelims. Only just got in now just caught the last 30 seconds and the tko on the last fight. Hopefully a few good fights to go.

David Haye is commentating.. is he thinking of a cross over? Would be interesting.

Just know Aaron Chalmers is probably gonna win pretty easily because he's a reality TV star that's gonna be given easy opponents all his life.

The fights on next. Noway i recognise him haha. Geordie shore.lol I hope he gets smashed in.

The fights on next. Noway i recognise him haha. Geordie shore.lol I hope he gets smashed in.
He was fighting someone who was on a 4 fight losing streak in amateurs, had only recently been KO'd in 8 seconds, and has only ever won at the weight below. They stacked this in his favour so much and idiot Geordie Shore fans will actually think he's decent.

I can't blame him though, I'm just disappointed in BAMMA for lying to its viewers and putting his fights over big title fights.

He was fighting someone who was on a 4 fight losing streak in amateurs, had only recently been KO'd in 8 seconds, and has only ever won at the weight below. They stacked this in his favour so much and idiot Geordie Shore fans will actually think he's decent.

I can't blame him though, I'm just disappointed in BAMMA for lying to its viewers and putting his fights over big title fights.

That was shocking lol. What was that a 20 second knockout haha.

Thompson looked tiny for welterweight.. making his pro debut.. bit of a joke. Lol.

No way did he look ready for the pro's. I get what your saying..but i suppose it gets people watching and grows the brand.. but any proper fan can see that was a complete mismatch.

That was shocking lol. What was that a 20 second knockout haha.

Thompson looked tiny for welterweight.. making his pro debut.. bit of a joke. Lol.

No way did he look ready for the pro's. I get what your saying..but i suppose it gets people watching and grows the brand.. but any proper fan can see that was a complete mismatch.
I'm not surprised to be honest. BAMMA are the promotion that had Alex Reid.

What i did like though was Chi Lewis-Parry calling out that juicehead Brett McDermott.

Was a joke of a fight. The guy had no pro fights and was 2-4 in amateurs (4 loses in a row)

well wasn't expecting that, spinning back fist
He moved so oddly, i thought he just had poor striking, but the way he was running away before set up the spinning backfist perfectly.

Back