Bagwork

Totally disagree with a lot of the comments here. I think his movement looks forced and artificial. Let it flow more naturally. Drill techniques more systematically. Does not look like orthodox bagwork to me.

He's got a good cut on some of the punches. Just a few adjustments and he would hit twice as hard.

Last edited:
Totally disagree with a lot of the comments here. I think his movement looks forced and artificial. Let it flow more naturally. Drill techniques more systematically. Does not look like orthodox bagwork to me to me.

He's got a good cut on some of the punches. Just a few adjustments and he would hit twice as hard.
keep it up and you may actually sound like you know something. except you contradicted yourself. let it flow but be more systematic doesn't really make sense. i do get what your trying to say though. musashi once said the only thing that matters in a fight is the cut. he seems disjointed and out of touch with the cut and the kill. i will die to cut you. this he lacks.

keep it up and you may actually sound like you know something. except you contradicted yourself. let it flow but be more systematic doesn't really make sense. i do get what your trying to say though. musashi once said the only thing that matters in a fight is the cut. he seems disjointed and out of touch with the cut and the kill. i will die to cut you. this he lacks.

No contradiction at all. He's all over the place and tries to simulate a sparring situation on a heavy bag instead of drilling techniques in an orderly, systematic fashion.

No contradiction at all. He's all over the place and tries to simulate a sparring situation on a heavy bag instead of drilling techniques in an orderly, systematic fashion.
like i said i get what your saying but you can't be systematic and natural at the same time. true combinations aren't 1-2-3 they are more like his heads here, then its here, now its there. each punch sets the last up. it all's about each strike being preceded by the next shortest (or longest) strike. you never jab, headbutt. it's always jab, cross left hook or right elbow, left hook, right cross, left high kick. each strike follows the range of the next. this is written.

Last edited:
I get what you're trying to say but in this case it is his head he's turning. And yes, it's turning because he's trying to turn his body to gain an extra inch or so, but it's almost like he's initiating it from his head. Standing in front of him, he's offering up his ear hole n juicy temple for a big right hand.
Also turning your head like that actually robs of you the distance that you supposedly get turning like that.

Good points

Turn the body without the head. Pair it with a weight shift to the front leg if you want. Settle the head into your lead shoulder.

The head has to turn or move in some way to get out of the way because the shoulder takes the space where the cheek/chin would be if it stood still. I think the answer is to slip (not turn) the head to the right (and possibly down) a little as the jab is thrown by using the spine rather than the neck, just like a regular slip. I could be wrong. The only other way I see for it to work mechanically is just to not turn hardly at all and short the jab so the shoulder doesn't try to occupy (at the same time) the same space as the cheek/head.

As a sidenote: look at the head turning at every action:

this is how not to do it

Come back to Rumblesports, I need you for sparring for my upcoming fight ;)!

Come back to Rumblesports, I need you for sparring for my upcoming fight ;)!
Haha hey a fellow rumbler! Have we sparred many times? :D

Yep noggin and neck is fucked up unfortunately. I hope to be back at some point though, I'm doing some private training once in a while with Parlo to sharpen my skills while not being at the gym.

Good luck with your fight!

Last edited:
Back