PBP Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem PBP Discussion: Prelims 12:30 p.m. ET/Main Card: 2 p.m. ET

Who wins?

• Total voters
Some more free fights got uploaded aswell!

I heard Vidales put up a solid fight from one of my teammates, but I'm not sure what fight he watched - the guy had nothing for Petch. Do you think there's anyone out there who could give him trouble at 148 lbs? Wei Rui holds a win over him iirc, but I don't keep up with the Chinese scene so idk if he could do it again

I heard Vidales put up a solid fight from one of my teammates, but I'm not sure what fight he watched - the guy had nothing for Petch. Do you think there's anyone out there who could give him trouble at 148 lbs? Wei Rui holds a win over him iirc, but I don't keep up with the Chinese scene so idk if he could do it again
Well, I would say Vidales gave a good account of himself, but he didn’t trouble Petch at all indeed.

Yeah good question. Honestly I don’t think that someone in Glory’s FW-division can challenge the champ. I would like to see Petch and Tyjani Beztati fight at some point though, as I think it’s a very interesting matchup. I’m curious to see how Petch will deal with the height and reach that Beztati brings, and I also wonder how Beztati will deal with Petch’s kicking game, especially all the left bodykicks that he’ll spam on Beztati’s long midsection. That’s a big ass target for Petch to attack over 5 rounds. Outside of Beztati there’re several interesting matchups for Petch in Glory’s LW-division, for example Stoyan Koprivlenski.

Though, in a year or something I would rather see Petch fight in ONE FC. He can do muay thai over there against the likes of Nong-O, or move up to fight Tawanchai and Petchmorakot.
I would love to see him fight in ONE’s 70 kg kickboxing division, which is a sharktank. So many exciting matchups over there. ONE can do a 70kg grandprix with different names/matchups every year and it would be a great tournament every year.

What do you think?

Imo Glory and ONE should trade some lightweights and featherweights for heavyweights. I know it’s probably not gonna happen cause they’re both not going to abandon an entire weightclass, but ONE has some very solid heavyweights that will deliver spectacular fights / interesting against the heavyweights in Glory for sure.
Roman Kryklia, Iraj Azizpour, Rade Opačić, that new young Bosnian guy fighting out of Mike’s gym that defeated Bruno Chaves last week: Ahmed Krnjić, hell even Murat Aygün will give some fun fights.
Also, imagine Petch, Tyjani Beztati, Stoyan Koprivlenski, Guerric Billet, Zakaria Zouggary, etc. in ONE.
Whole lotta fun!

Think there's near 0 chance Glory would pay the kind of money for Kryklia, Azizpour and Opacic that they would need to pay them.

Think there's near 0 chance Glory would pay the kind of money for Kryklia, Azizpour and Opacic that they would need to pay them.
Yeah that wouldn’t be cheap, but what about “trading” them? Like UFC traded Demetrious Johnson for Ben Askren with ONE?

Well, I would say Vidales gave a good account of himself, but he didn’t trouble Petch at all indeed.

Yeah good question. Honestly I don’t think that someone in Glory’s FW-division can challenge the champ. I would like to see Petch and Tyjani Beztati fight at some point though, as I think it’s a very interesting matchup. I’m curious to see how Petch will deal with the height and reach that Beztati brings, and I also wonder how Beztati will deal with Petch’s kicking game, especially all the left bodykicks that he’ll spam on Beztati’s long midsection. That’s a big ass target for Petch to attack over 5 rounds. Outside of Beztati there’re several interesting matchups for Petch in Glory’s LW-division, for example Stoyan Koprivlenski.

Though, in a year or something I would rather see Petch fight in ONE FC. He can do muay thai over there against the likes of Nong-O, or move up to fight Tawanchai and Petchmorakot.
I would love to see him fight in ONE’s 70 kg kickboxing division, which is a sharktank. So many exciting matchups over there. ONE can do a 70kg grandprix with different names/matchups every year and it would be a great tournament every year.

What do you think?

Imo Glory and ONE should trade some lightweights and featherweights for heavyweights. I know it’s probably not gonna happen cause they’re both not going to abandon an entire weightclass, but ONE has some very solid heavyweights that will deliver spectacular fights / interesting against the heavyweights in Glory for sure.
Roman Kryklia, Iraj Azizpour, Rade Opačić, that new young Bosnian guy fighting out of Mike’s gym that defeated Bruno Chaves last week: Ahmed Krnjić, hell even Murat Aygün will give some fun fights.
Also, imagine Petch, Tyjani Beztati, Stoyan Koprivlenski, Guerric Billet, Zakaria Zouggary, etc. in ONE.
Whole lotta fun!

While I don't really see anyone beating Petch in his current weight class, I'm not sure how well he would adjust if he moved up. If the power in his legs are still as effective as they are now, then I think he can definitely be a threat, but he would be at a significant range and size disadvantage in basically of his fights - Beztati with the most dramatic difference, being 6'3" VS Petch being 5'7". He's a master at disrupting his opponent's rhythm and off-balancing them with his kicks, but if the strength doesn't carry, a guy like Marat or Ozcan, hell even Beztati would give him a lot of trouble imo. Petch is also still very active in Muay Thai, so off the top of my head I can't think of any matchups he would get in ONE that he hasn't already had or wouldn't be able to get outside of ONE.

Rather than doing trades, I would prefer if ONE co-promoted some Kickboxing events with other organizations like the rest of the field are starting to do. I doubt ONE ever would since they seem like they really wanna do their own thing (they also seem to emphasize a lot when I watch their events about how they are the premier promotion for... everything I guess), but the idea of them doing a one night Heavyweight tournament co-promoted with Glory would be really exciting! Sprinkle in some fights between lighter guys or girls to pad out the tournament and you've got one of the most exciting nights of HW Kickboxing that we've seen in years.

What do you think?

Whole lotta fun!
While I don't really see anyone beating Petch in his current weight class, I'm not sure how well he would adjust if he moved up. If the power in his legs are still as effective as they are now, then I think he can definitely be a threat, but he would be at a significant range and size disadvantage in basically of his fights - Beztati with the most dramatic difference, being 6'3" VS Petch being 5'7". He's a master at disrupting his opponent's rhythm and off-balancing them with his kicks, but if the strength doesn't carry, a guy like Marat or Ozcan, hell even Beztati would give him a lot of trouble imo. Petch is also still very active in Muay Thai, so off the top of my head I can't think of any matchups he would get in ONE that he hasn't already had or wouldn't be able to get outside of ONE.

Rather than doing trades, I would prefer if ONE co-promoted some Kickboxing events with other organizations like the rest of the field are starting to do. I doubt ONE ever would since they seem like they really wanna do their own thing (they also seem to emphasize a lot when I watch their events about how they are the premier promotion for... everything I guess), but the idea of them doing a one night Heavyweight tournament co-promoted with Glory would be really exciting! Sprinkle in some fights between lighter guys or girls to pad out the tournament and you've got one of the most exciting nights of HW Kickboxing that we've seen in years.
Hopefully @Kb2020 is watching this thread;)

I'd imagine Glory would be down to co-promote with ONE, but not so sure that ONE would for reasons stated already, but that would be awesome.

We really need to bring the sport closer together like it used to be before the collapse of FEG. Was probably easier then though as K-1 was the clear big dog in the sport and their wasn't much exclusive contracts back then, guys fought everywhere.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this! I fear the only reason they were willing to co-promote here, though, was because it was a Road to ONE event, rather than a bonafide co-promotion where athletes from each organization are fighting each other. Road to ONE events help support the narrative that ONE is the premier combat sports organization, where if they did a Rivals event with Glory (say, Kryklia VS Verhoeven or something) it would be implied that Glory has fighters that can match ONE's. As long as they can keep fooling venture capitalists into pumping more money into the company, I don't see them doing any events like that. It is a start though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back