PBP Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem PBP Discussion: Prelims 12:30 p.m. ET/Main Card: 2 p.m. ET

Who wins?

• Total voters
Hari doesn't have the desire to give it all anymore unfortunately. I'm glad that he got back up, he's missing his fire.

I saw no will to win from him since the begging of fight!

Last edited:
some of these guys don't look properly juiced

<JagsKiddingMe>

Reems striking and chin have been trash in mma for years now so I'm really surprised he defeated Badr. He must be totally shot.

Man, Reem is a legend<45>

Reem, Rico and Badr together was weird and funny. Especially because Rico came in all aggro, Badr was trying to be civil and get them to quiet down and Ubereem was being a bit goofy. Really funny dynamic! <45><Lmaoo>

Damn he looks proper Uber-shredded here.

Man, as the creator of legendary Ubereem hype train threads back in the ol' original Ubereem days, seeing him win against Hari in the way he did makes me proud as fook of him!

Lol at people saying Rico will ''slaughter'' Reem.

When was the last time Rico slaughtered someone? Went life and death with Ben Saddik, barely did any damage to Gerges, was getting destroyed by Badr until Badr got injured etc. etc.

I give Reem a decent chance. Rico isn't invincible, far from it.

Big Ben Saddik is an absolute beast, so there is no shame in getting messed up by Ben Saddik, and in fact his victory in that fight was a testament to Verhoeven's heart as a fighter. I do agree with you Rico isn't invincible. But I also would put Rico as a heavy favourite vs the Reem.

Rico is on a 15 fight win streak, as heavyweight champion, since 2015. That speaks for itself, it is an incredible achievement in the history of heavyweight kickboxing. By contrast, Badr Hari's last win was in 2015. Also it has to be noted, Overeem is 42 and Rico is 33, still basically in his prime.

The Hari that Reem just fought is a shell of the Badr Hari of old. I reckon Rico would absolutely pick apart Overeem, but I agree it's always possible Overeem could land a massive shot and get the upset.

It's a shame Rico didn't exist during an era of better HW kickboxers, dudes arguably the GOAT but just never felt as important as the K1 glory days did and I feel like the late 90s-early 00s talent level at HW was in general far superior.

I really don't think Rico would have done too well in that era. His performances against past their prime Hari and Aerts make me think he just wouldn't be a tier 1 fighter.

Reem, Rico and Badr together was weird and funny. Especially because Rico came in all aggro, Badr was trying to be civil and get them to quiet down and Ubereem was being a bit goofy. Really funny dynamic! <45><Lmaoo>

Yeah was a weird/special moment.
I’m glad Badr took his moment and announced his retirement in front of all his fans, really was a thing of beauty.
He also made that altercation between Reem and Rico a moment of respect.
And so many kickboxing legends at one time in the ring<45>, Errol Zimmerman and Melvin Manhoef were also standing right there

upload_2022-10-9_14-48-47.jpeg

I’m glad Badr took his moment and announced his retirement in front of all his fans, really was a thing of beauty.
And so many kickboxing legends at one time in the ring<45>, Errol Zimmerman and Melvin Manhoef were also standing right there

View attachment 947357
upload_2022-10-9_14-56-4.jpeg

View attachment 947357

The GOAT Sem Schilt was sitting front row and Hari even acknowledged him too in his speech.

Rico showing his respect to Badr was also super nice to see

Nothing quite as enjoyable as seeing Badr lose. Good riddance to the dirt bag.

Maybe it was the highlights I was watching but both guys looked pretty sloppy and washed up. Damn this version of Badr isn't even 1/3rd of his prime self

Reactions: H2F
Somebody mentioned how strange Alistair's approach was and hardly any kicks. I agree with another poster that his approach was pure game planning. Badr's long straight punches were pretty much negated and Badr didn't punish Alistair's legs at all. A few kicks here and there. A long difference back when Badr fought Bonjasky and they had beautiful low kick exchanges. Badr has been punch heavy for quite some time. He still has plenty of kicking skills but the lack of kicking output was exposed. Alistair even managed to get a few step/half clinch knees in there too.

I appreciate that Badr had a much better look about him against Rico (I guess people will disagree) but styles make fights.

I fully expect Rico to finish Alistair if they meet. Not because of much other than Rico's output over 5 rounds.
Ubereem is better suited to Kickboxing. He seems more capable of throwing his power through with the extra muscle mass. I don't imagine though that he delivers more power as of now, than Ben skinny-fat Sadikk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back