PBP Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem PBP Discussion: Prelims 12:30 p.m. ET/Main Card: 2 p.m. ET

Who wins?

• Total voters
Reems striking and chin have been trash in mma for years now so I'm really surprised he defeated Badr. He must be totally shot.

Maybe your username improved his chin. It did before.

Yeah was a weird/special moment.
I’m glad Badr took his moment and announced his retirement in front of all his fans, really was a thing of beauty.
He also made that altercation between Reem and Rico a moment of respect.
And so many kickboxing legends at one time in the ring<45>, Errol Zimmerman and Melvin Manhoef were also standing right there

View attachment 947357

Yeah, I really liked the way he asked them to be silent. It was very humble and yet confident. It's something you don't often see him do. I honestly think he will be happier now that he is reitred. That dude always had so much anger in him that he relied on in his fights. I think it actually burned him up in a way.

I don't think it is really a matter of charisma, but just pure respect. Still, a cool and funny message!

Rico showing his respect to Badr was also super nice to see

Aww! The look on Rico;s face is really sweet! You can see he really cares and respects him. He really is a good hearted dude.

An entire card of decisions, just what Glory needed.
To be fair a card full of decisions isn't common in GLORY. I've been watching since 2013-2014 and KO's, TKO's are more common than decisions overall.

how was the lhw title fight. not familiar with either fighter
It was a war. Pretty entertaining fight. Worth watching.

against that Karl Roberson on short notice in Fight night St Tropez or something, a few years back

Ah yes, I remember watching this one live on TV! Didn't even need to watch a streaming on my laptop, good times.

And yes, I do remember some bullshit happening in the main event with JLB, which he ended up winning via decision, like a controversial "slip/knockdown" and he was given too much time to recover later,

I even debated going to watch it live, since I was in France at the time, and it was supposed to be Jérôme's retirement fight, and French Karate & Muay Thai champion Raphaël "Manimal" Llodrawas
Rapha%C3%ABl_Llodra.jpg

(a pretty cool guy)
was going to fight the ultra-badass Yodwicha Porboonsit , and Alexey Ignashov was going to fight on that card, etc

But then the card slowly fell apart, originally JLB was supposed to fight fellow vet Maurice Jackson but Jackson pulled out, like he was famous for during that time....
So when they got a 0-0 guy (Karl Roberson) to replace him, I wasn't that thrilled.

Then, Raphael Lodrawas pulled out of the fight with Porboonsit, and I was like "ok screw this we're not going"
... aaaand he was replaced by Jimmy Vienot, and I would end up becoming a big fan of the dude but at the moment I didn't really know him.
He put a hell of a fight against the Thai champion, and lost a split decision.

Good times.
Anyway, what a career Reem has had... when I discovered him, he was a middle-of-the-pack kinda dude with a slick guillotine, but he never got close to a PRIDE title shot.
If then you showed me a picture of how he looked in that fight, and told me "that's 20 years from now lol" I would have called utter and complete BS.

What happened was during the first round Reem was awkwardly rushing into Badr with his head down and throwing inside punches. Badr was doing well with landing his combinations and attacking the legs. Badr won the first round. Second round starts and Reem is starting to find his rhythm a bit, but Badr is still winning the fight. Reem lands a nasty uppercut on the inside making Badr's legs give out but he catches himself. 3rd round starts, Reem starts unloading on Badr, Badr's chin gives out, Gets knocked down. Badr beats the count, Reem unloads again, knocks him down again. Badr beats the count, Reem tries to finish but can't as Badr is still fighting back. Reem wins decision.

Badr's glove touched the ground in the 2nd. Knockdown didn't count. Reem landed a tiny accidental headbutt.
3rd round Badr gets knocked down, Reem is in the wrong corner, but no ref waits 10 seconds to count, till you are in the right corner. Terrible ref again.
Badr got saved from being knocked out.

Pretty cool to see heated rivals give him his props, even if I hate Badr.
Yeah really cool to see

But remember there’s no love lost between Reem and Rico, looking forward to that one;)

Dont think I mentioned it yet but when I saw the main event aftermath my first thought was that this is like a WWE moment but real which is why MMA promotions are so lame for not letting the athletes have the mic.

Alistair Overeem tested positive after his fight against Badr Hari.
Overeem’s management is now awaiting the result of the B-sample.

“According to his management, the findings would relate to minimal traces of a non-performance-enhancing drug. Overeem’s management expects news about the B-sample soon and want to avoid drawing conclusions too quickly.”

https://www.ad.nl/vechtsport/alista...ent-wacht-b-staal-met-vertrouwen-af~a113bd58/

Back