Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.4 (April 27 U.S. Release; Six Untitled MCU Films Get Release Dates)

How much will Infinity War earn in the U.S. after its theatrical run?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big fan of power levels matching the comics, this is intentionally a differently framed universe because it has to be to work in live action movies. If all the Avengers were full-powered as they are in the comics, the only villain that would ever really make things interesting is Thanos with the gauntlet. It's like Superman, I can never get into a Superman movie because there's literally nothing that can stop the man. It's just not interesting.

All I know is no matter what happens or who dies, Marvel's done one fuck of a job getting it to the point where we can sit here and excitedly speculate this far out.

Well in the comics a snap of his finger erased half of the universe.

A little too much for the cinamatics lol

Well even without the IG, a punch like that from Thanos should have wrecked Iron Man. Base Thanos is significantly stronger than base Hulk. Perhaps he did pull his punch. I hope so, because if Iron Man took a Thanos haymaker.........gay. (Unless he's wearing a cosmic suit, vibranium suit, or something of that nature, then continue)

Anyone thinking this will happen?

ix6ufCR_d.jpg

That would be interesting to see, but it's still absolutely ridiculous that Hela was able to break it with her bare hand, with no explanation. Maybe if she had an infinity stone it would have been acceptable, but as is, it's a total insult, slap in the face, and yet another case of Marvel doing something just because it looks cool and/or for the shock factor. Ugh!

I predict Thor will get a new hammer and Cap will be able to pick up that Hammer.

Even if that's the case, it's too little too late. They totally blew it by having Vision do it. Now it won't matter. We've already seen in done, in an extremely anticlimactic fashion I might add, so even if Cap does it now..... so what. It's been done. Old news. That ship has sailed. Fuck you Marvel. Truly, fuck you.

Even if that's the case, it's too little too late. They totally blew it by having Vision do it. Now it won't matter. We've already seen in done, in an extremely anticlimactic fashion I might add, so even if Cap does it now..... so what. It's been done. Old news. That ship has sailed. Fuck you Marvel. Truly, fuck you.
mPRthOK.jpg

That was a very Whedonesque move and overall doesn't ruin the moment when someone else picks it up and uses it in a dramatic fashion.

Well even without the IG, a punch like that from Thanos should have wrecked Iron Man. Base Thanos is significantly stronger than base Hulk. Perhaps he did pull his punch. I hope so, because if Iron Man took a Thanos haymaker.........gay. (Unless he's wearing a cosmic suit, vibranium suit, or something of that nature, then continue)

That would be interesting to see, but it's still absolutely ridiculous that Hela was able to break it with her bare hand, with no explanation. Maybe if she had an infinity stone it would have been acceptable, but as is, it's a total insult, slap in the face, and yet another case of Marvel doing something just because it looks cool and/or for the shock factor. Ugh!

This is MCU thanos so I'll be curious to see what his baseform is.

I agree ironmans head shudve came off.

This is MCU thanos so I'll be curious to see what his baseform is.

I agree ironmans head shudve came off.

It’s the MCU so he’ll probably go hand to hand with black widow in a 50/50 fight at some point in the movie.

It’s the MCU so he’ll probably go hand to hand with black widow in a 50/50 fight at some point in the movie.

You're joking but...

...there's a scene in the trailer where it looks like Widow is stabbing an enemy in the side with some kind of spear. I really hope we don't see BW take down one of the Black Order:mad:

You're joking but...

...there's a scene in the trailer where it looks like Widow is stabbing an enemy in the side with some kind of spear. I really hope we don't see BW take down one of the Black Order:mad:

Black widow and Hawkeye shouldn’t be doing anything other than handling crowd control in this movie. They have no business being involved in the fighting.

Last edited:
Baseform MCU Thanos:

a673X12_700b.jpg

I thought this was funny as hell.

So he's pretty much as strong as a human?

But how is he able to handle the power of the ig?

There'll be a lot of explaining with the timelines and whatnot. I am skeptical if Hugh would do it as he was satisfied in sending off the Wolverine character.

I think realistically there won't be any crossovers until after Avengers 4.

Marvel has said the MCU as we know it is done after Avengers 4. It would make more sense to start fresh with a shared universe after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back