Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.4 (April 27 U.S. Release; Six Untitled MCU Films Get Release Dates)

How much will Infinity War earn in the U.S. after its theatrical run?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Black widow and Hawkeye shouldn’t be doing anything other than handling crowd control in this movie. They have no business being involved in the fighting.

Could not agree more. That's one thing Justice League acutally got right; Batman was completely outclassed in terms of power, so he provided logistical support and tactical advice. He left the actual fighting to the Superhumans.

Its like the writer of the comic wasnt sober when creating the storyline

Bt_D_qkIYAIYp5q.png

Would be great if this happens in Infinity War. Butterfingers Thanos. Lol.

I’m thinking his undoing will be along similar lines as it was in the original Infinity Gauntlet series in 1991.

1. GotG 2 ended with Nebula going off on her own to find and kill Thanos

2. The actress for Nebula said she has a small role in Avengers 3 & 4. The conspicuous manner in which she said it suggests to me that she was lying or trying to misdirect people, which I think means she’ll serve the same role as in the comic

There'll be a lot of explaining with the timelines and whatnot. I am skeptical if Hugh would do it as he was satisfied in sending off the Wolverine character.

Ya while he did get the right closure i wouldnt be suprise if disney throws $$$$$$

Is this even thanos lol? Made him look like a goof here.

I thought this was funny as hell.

So he's pretty much as strong as a human?

But how is he able to handle the power of the ig?

Thanos was created by Jim Starlin. After he left the book, other writers used Thanos in stories where his power levels and behaviour were completely different from the OG Mad Titan. Starlin was so pissed when he returned to writing his creation that he ret-conned dumb stories like the one where Thanos gets arrested by the NPYD as happening to the Thanosi; a group of Clones the Mad Titan had created of himself with wildely varying power levels, intelligence and motivations.

Wolverine appearing in Avengers 4? Treat it as a wild rumor for now.

Personally, I don't believe that report (not to say that it can't happen in the future). If the Disney-Fox deal pushes through, Marvel Studios still hasn't decided yet if they want to continue the current X-Men universe or reboot it. They're in the middle of shooting Avengers 4 now, so everything is already set. If they're going to integrate the X-Men into the MCU, they need to carefully plan it and not just shoehorn them in Avengers 4.

Well even without the IG, a punch like that from Thanos should have wrecked Iron Man. Base Thanos is significantly stronger than base Hulk. Perhaps he did pull his punch. I hope so, because if Iron Man took a Thanos haymaker.........gay. (Unless he's wearing a cosmic suit, vibranium suit, or something of that nature, then continue)

The comic book power levels are ridiculous and inconsistent. In no way should they mimic it.

There'll be a lot of explaining with the timelines and whatnot. I am skeptical if Hugh would do it as he was satisfied in sending off the Wolverine character.

Marvel would be foolish to bring him back as they would immediately have to recast him. If they get the rights they should just go with a new face.

Just about to hit 100 million views on Youtube in just over a week. By FAR, the most viewed trailer ever on YT.
Screenshot_20171210-120805.jpg

Marvel would be foolish to bring him back as they would immediately have to recast him. If they get the rights they should just go with a new face.

Meh, so what. I'd be perfectly happy with the fan service. Seeing Jackman with the Avengers would be worth it. They can recast and start fresh later. And if their writers are smart enough they could even throw in an explanation for the different actors within the story. Either way though, Jackman's Wolverine would be way more exciting than recast-Wolverine.

I hope they don’t put Fox’s X-Men into the MCU.

I refuse to believe they would do that. It’s a DC move. Cheap thrill with no build up.

Destroy the X-Men universe and rebuild it for phase 4

I hope they don’t put Fox’s X-Men into the MCU.

I refuse to believe they would do that. It’s a DC move. Cheap thrill with no build up.

Destroy the X-Men universe and rebuild it for phase 4

I agree with this.

We dont need cheap thrills.

MCU never gave us cheap thrills otherwise they wudve went with a megateam since day 1.

I think if it does go through, the only thrill we may get is post movie credits, something in reference to xavier school. Boom, next phase begins.

The Infinity Gauntlet allows the two 'separate' universes to co-exist. This is falling into place nicely.

Meh, so what. I'd be perfectly happy with the fan service. Seeing Jackman with the Avengers would be worth it. They can recast and start fresh later. And if their writers are smart enough they could even throw in an explanation for the different actors within the story. Either way though, Jackman's Wolverine would be way more exciting than recast-Wolverine.

Considering your past criticisms of comicbook movies this is kind of ridiculous to read. Randomly throwing him in for the sake of seeing him with the Avengers makes no sense at all and would be completely sacrificing a logical story for the sake of a cheap pop.

Logan happened and Avengers 4 is written and filming. Jackman's Wolverine is done and so is the story they've made for IW. Throwing the 2 together just for the sake of doing it is completely stupid.

i recall an interview after Logan came out where Jackman said he was truly done with the franchise, but then added something to the effect of "the only thing that could get me to put the claws on again is working with Marvel"

Fuck up their storyline for a short-sighted fan service scene? That sounds like something DC would do.

And Jackson's Wolverine is completely different than the comics. I'm more interested in a faithful version of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back