Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.4 (April 27 U.S. Release; Six Untitled MCU Films Get Release Dates)

How much will Infinity War earn in the U.S. after its theatrical run?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck up their storyline for a short-sighted fan service scene? That sounds like something DC would do.

And Jackson's Wolverine is completely different than the comics. I'm more interested in a faithful version of the character.

Me too, but in this specific case and at this point I'd be down for some fan service. Even if it's just for one film. And then after the Infinity Gauntlet/Thanos storyline is done, reboot/recast Wolverine and do it right. After all, with the Infinity Gauntlet all things are possible so maybe they can explain it away with that.

Not to mention a lot of stuff Marvel has done already has been completely ass backwards and gone against what's faithful. Plus, Marvel is all about money, and recast-Wolverine wouldn't bring as much money as Jackman-Wolverine. Jackman-Wolverine alongside the Avengers would garner the biggest pop of all.

Me too, but in this specific case and at this point I'd be down for some fan service. Even if it's just for one film. And then after the Infinity Gauntlet/Thanos storyline is done, reboot/recast Wolverine and do it right. After all, with the Infinity Gauntlet all things are possible so maybe they can explain it away with that.

Not to mention a lot of stuff Marvel has done already has been completely ass backwards and gone against what's faithful. Plus, Marvel is all about money, and recast-Wolverine wouldn't bring as much money as Jackman-Wolverine. Jackman-Wolverine alongside the Avengers would garner the biggest pop of all.

Lol at thinking they need pop. This is the same studio that made franchises out of obscure comic book characters like GOTG and Antman. The same studio that made RDJ synonymous with Iron Man, Hemsworth with Thor, Evans with Captain America, and successfully rebooted Spiderman after Sony fucked it up. They should do none of what you suggest. They got to where they are now by making quality movies with compelling characters and taking their time, not rushing shit and throwing together storylines for the sake of "fan service". Wolverine needs to be recast, and the rights moving to Marvel would be the perfect time to do it. And no, he shouldn't get shoehorned into the upcoming storylines.

DC shot their load early with their biggest storylines and now nothing they are doing is compelling. Marvel isn't DC and won't make the same mistake.

Lol at thinking they need pop. This is the same studio that made franchises out of obscure comic book characters like GOTG and Antman. The same studio that made RDJ synonymous with Iron Man, Hemsworth with Thor, Evans with Captain America, and successfully rebooted Spiderman after Sony fucked it up. They should do none of what you suggest. They got to where they are now by making quality movies with compelling characters and taking their time, not rushing shit and throwing together storylines for the sake of "fan service". Wolverine needs to be recast, and the rights moving to Marvel would be the perfect time to do it. And no, he shouldn't get shoehorned into the upcoming storylines.

DC shot their load early with their biggest storylines and now nothing they are doing is compelling. Marvel isn't DC and won't make the same mistake.
I pretty much agree with all of this.
I like Jackman, and I liked his take on Wolverine (specifically in Logan), but it's time to re-cast. That dude is almost 50. We need to think about the long run here. I would also like a Wolverine that is more in line/faithful to the comic version.

That being said, I do think that there is a way to put him in Avengers 4 without it being ridiculous. If this is a "war", it wouldn't be out of the way to throw in a few shots of Wolverine, or a few of th X-men fighting off some of those bad guys that Hulk/Captain America/Wakanda were fighting against. They don't have to make an actual big deal about them being there--just show that other heroes showed up for the big fight. Since Wolverine was a member of the Avengers, it would even make sense to put him in there for a cameo.

Marvel should make an Avengers Forever movie with all the actors people liked being in 1 movie.

Well even without the IG, a punch like that from Thanos should have wrecked Iron Man. Base Thanos is significantly stronger than base Hulk. Perhaps he did pull his punch. I hope so, because if Iron Man took a Thanos haymaker.........gay. (Unless he's wearing a cosmic suit, vibranium suit, or something of that nature, then continue)

That would be interesting to see, but it's still absolutely ridiculous that Hela was able to break it with her bare hand, with no explanation. Maybe if she had an infinity stone it would have been acceptable, but as is, it's a total insult, slap in the face, and yet another case of Marvel doing something just because it looks cool and/or for the shock factor. Ugh!
When you say the above are you operating under the assumption that MCU Thanos equials the last and most powerful version of CBU Thanos?

Baseform MCU Thanos:

a673X12_700b.jpg

It is shocking how so many CBU fans do not understand not only did comic book Thanos and other characters grow and arc over time in the CBU into their power but also that the MCU is not trying to be a continuation of the CBU.

No one can say what Thanos power in the MCU should be yet as it has not been revealed.

Am I the only one that's glad to see and enjoys the diversion from the source material 90% of the time?

1. Too much faithfulness makes for complete predictability. We already know enough about the IG story to know certain things are going to happen one way or another. Having that increase tenfold would suck. Things like what they did with The Mandarin are necessary in my eyes to keep things fresh(although in that particular instance they went the stupidest route imaginable).

2. Some of the stuff in the CBU was worth ignoring and forgetting. Some of the nonsense with power-levels and retconning got so ridiculous at times, I really don't wanna see that happen again in a universe that's supposed to be more grounded in reality because it's live action.

EDIT: and no, before anyone asks I did NOT enjoy what they did with the Mandarin, just a good example of them trying something completely different from the CBU.... that sadly failed so hard it made Ben Kingsley's resume worse.

Last edited:
When you say the above are you operating under the assumption that MCU Thanos equials the last and most powerful version of CBU Thanos?

It is shocking how so many CBU fans do not understand not only did comic book Thanos and other characters grow and arc over time in the CBU into their power but also that the MCU is not trying to be a continuation of the CBU.

No one can say what Thanos power in the MCU should be yet as it has not been revealed.
Korath called him the "most powerful being in the universe". Now that doesn't mean that he is, but when him, Nebula and Ronan think so highly of Thanos, then it's pretty unlikely he'd be foiled by a set of handcuffs.

Am I the only one that's glad to see and enjoys the diversion from the source material 90% of the time?

1. Too much faithfulness makes for complete predictability. We already know enough about the IG story to know certain things are going to happen one way or another. Having that increase tenfold would suck. Things like what they did with The Mandarin are necessary in my eyes to keep things fresh(although in that particular instance they went the stupidest route imaginable).

2. Some of the stuff in the CBU was worth ignoring and forgetting. Some of the nonsense with power-levels and retconning got so ridiculous at times, I really don't wanna see that happen again in a universe that's supposed to be more grounded in reality because it's live action.

EDIT: and no, before anyone asks I did NOT enjoy what they did with the Mandarin, just a good example of them trying something completely different from the CBU.... that sadly failed so hard it made Ben Kingsley's resume worse.

They were so close in Iron Man 3. Keep the same story but have the Mandarin really be Yinsen all along. The old guy in the cave was behind everything the entire time intentionally kick starting Iron Man and the superhero craze. They brought in the actor in the beginning for a bit part. Might as well have made him a real villain. I know it's basically be a retread of batman begins but who cares! :p

The actor is on the show Homeland is a calm gentlemanly evil that Marvel is missing. Either way. I appreciate the risk Iron Man 3 took. Similar to the twist that the newest Spider-Man movie brought in.

Yup. Honestly if every villain is a god tier villain from movie one and the top hero's are god tier that not only gets boring quick but leads to Squirrel girl type resets. There simply is no other way to go. It is also a big part of the problem DC has had.

Korath called him the "most powerful being in the universe". Now that doesn't mean that he is, but when him, Nebula and Ronan think so highly of Thanos, then it's pretty unlikely he'd be foiled by a set of handcuffs.
Ya we know he should be a true terror but our hero's are still growing into their powers at this point. We've seen Thor find a new level in his last movie.

Too many on this forum always complained that we did not have Rune King Thor with Odin Force from the introduction as if this was just the next page of the CBU. But casuals are who the MCU is built upon and not us comic book nerds and they would never connect with the characters as they have without the build up over time. Just as the CBU did over time.

I pretty much agree with all of this.
I like Jackman, and I liked his take on Wolverine (specifically in Logan), but it's time to re-cast. That dude is almost 50. We need to think about the long run here. I would also like a Wolverine that is more in line/faithful to the comic version.

That being said, I do think that there is a way to put him in Avengers 4 without it being ridiculous. If this is a "war", it wouldn't be out of the way to throw in a few shots of Wolverine, or a few of th X-men fighting off some of those bad guys that Hulk/Captain America/Wakanda were fighting against. They don't have to make an actual big deal about them being there--just show that other heroes showed up for the big fight. Since Wolverine was a member of the Avengers, it would even make sense to put him in there for a cameo.

They've already started shooting the movie. Meaning they have the whole thing mapped out. Rewriting things mid shoot? That's a DC move. The results would be disastrous.

MCU hasnt even established what mutants are. It would be jarring and nonsensical to randomly show them joining in on the fighting. No, they'd need to take their time and build them into the universe. This would require it's own movie where that is the sole focus. Not shoehorning it into a movie which already has too many characters. It would be Batman vs Superman all over again if they did that.

Lets all not forget how they managed to squeeze Spiderman into this universe once the share agreement was reached.

Lets all not forget how they managed to squeeze Spiderman into this universe once the share agreement was reached.

Yeah.... by not shoving Tobey McGuire into Age of Ultron mid way through just so Adamant could get excited seeing him stand next to Ironman.

Using Jackman's Wolverine after Logan and re-crafting anything to do with Avengers 4 when we're this deep into the story is completely stupid.

Yeah.... by not shoving Tobey McGuire into Age of Ultron mid way through just so Adamant could get excited seeing him stand next to Ironman.

Using Jackman's Wolverine after Logan and re-crafting anything to do with Avengers 4 when we're this deep into the story is completely stupid.

You're awfully negative young man.

The Xmen and wolvie can be introduced for the coming next phase easily through references or end credit scenes in the next few movies and not come off forced.

If Jackman was willing to play Wolverine for the next 5 years I’ll be down to have him appear. But if he’s hanging up the claws it’ll make better sense to take a slower approach.

If he were willing stick around then it’d be great to see him used as the catalyst to introduce the X-men.

You're awfully negative young man.

The Xmen and wolvie can be introduced for the coming next phase easily through references or end credit scenes in the next few movies and not come off forced.

You're wrong and your face is stupid.

You can't use Jackman's Wolverine at this point, and you can't add the X-men to the story of Avengers 4. That's my entire point. What you're saying is completely right.... but it's got nothing to do with what I'm saying.

You wanna write in a reference or give them an end-credits scene? Hell yeah. Make it usable characters, not someone who just bowed out in one of the best comicbook movies to date.

You're wrong and your face is stupid.

You can't use Jackman's Wolverine at this point, and you can't add the X-men to the story of Avengers 4. That's my entire point. What you're saying is completely right.... but it's got nothing to do with what I'm saying.

You wanna write in a reference or give them an end-credits scene? Hell yeah. Make it usable characters, not someone who just bowed out in one of the best comicbook movies to date.

He died in the future since the movie was not set in the present.

Therefore, you can use (or include) the X-Men, including Logan in a story that takes place now.

Not too often we have an actor so synonymous to a role as we do with Jackman = Wolverine.

Others i can think of are:

RDJ = Stark
Evans= Cap
Stewart = Prof X

Throw any of them in a comic book movie without their uniform people will still recognize them as their character. Put James Marsden in the back ground of an Avengers film no one will notice; but if you place Hugh in that scene people will go nuts.

Not too often we have an actor so synonymous to a role as we do with Jackman = Wolverine.

Others i can think of are:

RDJ = Stark
Evans= Cap
Stewart = Prof X

Throw any of them in a comic book movie without their uniform people will still recognize them as their character. Put James Marsden in the back ground of an Avengers film no one will notice; but if you place Hugh in that scene people will go nuts.

reported for accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back