Economy Autoworkers Strike

As opposed to you, who believes that skilled and unskilled work definitions were made up by capitalists for the purposes of keeping the working man down.

{<jordan}

"According to the Center for Global Development the term unskilled and skilled were derived from institutions, politicians, and other interest groups based on the classifications a determination has been made as to who is and is not powerful in the labor market. Also, the idea that the unskilled labor force is characterized by lower educational attainment such as a high school diploma, GED, or lack thereof which typically results in lower wages, is also outdated."

<seedat>

There are many "low-wage" jobs that actually require more skill than jobs that are considered "skilled" because they require certain education parameters for entry. It's a misnomer.

There's no such thing as "skilled," "semi-skilled," or "unskilled labor." That's just nonsense perpetuated by capitalists and programmed into the heads of the working class to sew division. It takes skill to assemble in timely manners, it takes skill to operate machinery. How do we know? Because of how many people died doing these jobs before safety standards were invented, and because of the horrible jobs scab workers do, which is often so bad the corporation capitulates to the actual workers who are and always were essential to the function of the business.

I'm not knocking them, but most assembly is considered semi-skilled labor.

Just curious, but why should someone strike since the union is selectively picking which plants are striking and which aren't? And does that make the non-striking plants scabs?

I'm not knocking them, but most assembly is considered semi-skilled labor.

Just curious, but why should someone strike since the union is selectively picking which plants are striking and which aren't? And does that make the non-striking plants scabs?

No, it's a strike strategy. Fain explained this thoroughly already

No, it's a strike strategy. Fain explained this thoroughly already

If you tell me my family is going to suffer while other plants run full capacity then I'm not on a line. JMO

Looks like Ford caved and gave the UAW what they wanted. I assume Ford will now be forced to go under and crumble since they can't afford this according to some people.

So fn weird to me to see working class people arguing against other working class people.

People act like labor isn't part of capitalism or like people being underpaid for 40 Years isn't the very thing that's making everyone so unsatisfied in America and causing most of our problems.

I always feel like the vehicles I purchase starting with J on the VIN are made with the most skilled labor. They always have the best fit and finish.

If you tell me my family is going to suffer while other plants run full capacity then I'm not on a line. JMO

Yeah and despite your "me" approach, this concession won by UAW would still benefit you. So perhaps rethink this position, because they won, and everyone benefits. Not all strategy is "all or nothing."

Yeah and despite your "me" approach, this concession won by UAW would still benefit you. So perhaps rethink this position, because they won, and everyone benefits. Not all strategy is "all or nothing."

Not the point.

The union picked which plants would suffer; so great that they got a good contract, but a handful of plants carried the burden foththe rest.

Looks like Ford caved and gave the UAW what they wanted. I assume Ford will now be forced to go under and crumble since they can't afford this according to some people.

I must have missed that Ford agreed to a 32 hr week and 40% raise. Everything I've read said it was 25% over 4 1/2 years and still a 40 hr week.

So it's about half of what the union asked for.

I must have missed that Ford agreed to a 32 hr week and 40% raise. Everything I've read said it was 25% over 4 1/2 years and still a 40 hr week.

Yeah but they're still going to do the end zone dance.

It's all a joke anyway as Ford will just get more corporate welfare to pay these people with.

Yea crazy almost like they were doing some well known established form of negotiating.

Not exactly. They wanted 40% and a 32 hour work week. Plus this is ford not gm

Wish they got more. Beyond pathetic seeing people in here root against betterment of their fellow man.

Back