Economy Autoworkers Strike

dont think Rudy or trump are grifters. I feel they are very independently wealthy and care about the country.

5WbB.gif

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html

Trump Pays $2 Million to 8 Charities for Misuse of Foundation
Under a settlement, the president admitted he had used his charity to bolster his campaign and settle business debts.

laughing-yes.gif

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...5-million-trump-university-settlement-n845181

Federal court approves $25 million Trump University settlement
A federal court approved a $25 million settlement with students who said they were duped by Donald Trump and his now-defunct Trump University.

laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/20...0-million-in-donor-money-to-cover-legal-fees/

Groups in former President Donald Trump’s political network have reported using about $130 million in donor funds to pay lawyers and cover legal costs since he first began running for office, according to a new OpenSecrets analysis.

Not sure if this is serious, but even if they get 40% it wouldnt make them $110/hr and labor rates at garages in my area are 110-150/hr

Dealerships may be $110 to $150, but independent shops are not. You can charge whatever you want to do a job, but all jobs are mainly based off of a fixed time to complete the job.

We have an autobody shop and work with insurance companies all of the time and they never pay anywhere close to $110 an hour. Labor rates vary, but are usually $50 to $60 an hour. If anyone here doesn't believe me, I would be happy to upload a recent insurance adjuster's estimate to prove it. State Farm , Allstate, Geico, ect...

And I am serious.

let us compare and contrast their visits.

Biden had like maybe 30 people, very minimal enthusiasm. Spoke for 60 seconds and left within 10

vs

I like how corporstist shill Jim Cramer went full mask-off on CNBC, suggesting that if any of the Big 3 actually have to pay wages that reflect inflation they should just send the jobs to Mexico, while painting Fain as some greedy magnate when he definitely doesnt make $20 million a nanosecond or whatever. In fact he criticized the UAW for not having ENOUGH money in their strike fund. Gotta love it when a pundit just gives the game away...out-sourcing is a direct result of corporations forever seeking cheap labor, even at a time when they're enjoying record profits.

Biden's obsession with EVs, and mandating that gas vehicles are not be sold in the near future, will likely put many auto workers out of work. Many fewer workers are needed to create an EV.

Biden Cripples Auto Industry, UAW Begins Major Strike, Attacks…Trump
The UAW has brought its troubles upon itself.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/biden-cripples-auto-industry-uaw-begins-major-strike-attackstrump/

The United Auto Workers (UAW) announced on Friday that it is expanding its major nationwide strike against the Big Three automakers. Negotiations have failed and 146,000 autoworkers continue to be without a contract; the union is demanding continuing benefits for up to two years in case of an indefinite layoff, which is a very real possibility in light of Old Joe Biden’s proposed electric vehicle mandate. The regime’s EV mandate would decimate the auto industry and eliminate as many as 117,000 jobs. And so is the UAW standing up and denouncing Biden? Come on, man! The UAW is zeroing in on the real problem here: Donald Trump.

About 13,000 UAW members are on strike now, and the Daily Caller reported Friday that “more workers will go on strike as the union and automakers continue to be unable to reach a deal.” The UAW strike will now extend to “38 new plants across the U.S.”; this is a significant expansion, as “the UAW first announced its partial strike on Sept. 14, striking at three plants: GM’s plant in Wentzville, Missouri; Ford’s plant in Wayne, Michigan; and Stellantis’ Jeep plant in Toledo, Ohio.”

UAW President Shawn Fain declared that “all of the parts distribution centers at General Motors and Stellantis will be called to stand up and strike. We will be striking 38 locations across 20 states, across all 9 regions of the UAW.” Ford is not included in the expansion of the strike because it has offered numerous concessions to the UAW, while General Motors and Stellantis have not. Ford’s offer includes “enhanced profit sharing and the conversion of temporary employees into full-time,” as well as “job security for up to two years in the event of an indefinite layoff.”

Now, why would the UAW be pushing for something like “job security for up to two years in the event of an indefinite layoff”? Is the union worried about indefinite layoffs? Clearly it is, and it has good reason to be. The America First Policy Institute revealed last July that “proposed Biden Administration regulations would require Americans to switch to electric vehicles they do not want. Under the draft rules, auto manufacturers would be required to increase the proportion of electric vehicles they sell from 6% to 67% in less than a decade.”....

let us compare and contrast their visits.

Biden had like maybe 30 people, very minimal enthusiasm. Spoke for 60 seconds and left within 10

vs

ahhh yes. "union workers for trump" a bunch of paid stooges for the trump campaign who arent even members of any unions or working for any auto industries are holding up fake signs just to impress a bunch of chuds over on faux noise.

Signs touting ‘auto workers for Trump’ at Michigan rally found to be fake – report
At least two people holding signs saying ‘union members for Trump’ and ‘auto workers for Trump’ turned out to be neither

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/28/trump-michigan-fake-signs-auto-workers-union

but here you are jerking your dick off to your "but muhh crowd size" fetish again.

how does it feel to know that a twice-impeached, quadruple-indicted, serial-lying, election-losing fraudster and rapist who can gather a large crowd of incredibly dumb and easily manipulated people and paid audience plants can also manage to inspire over 81 million registered voters to vote against his sorry ass in favor of a senile old man with dementia who can't even draw 30 people to a rally? pretty sad now isn't it? maybe the orange rapist should just hang them up.

by the way, its been 1059 days now since the election. have they found any of that fraud and brought it to court yet? i'm still on kraken watch and i'm on high alert. be sure to keep me posted.

Last edited:
This is where a union is not a good thing. They will cannibalize themselves again but hopefully they won't get bailed out this time... a "free market" would let people able and willing to do these monotonous and skill less jobs for less (not nothing but less), ultimately benefiting everyone including the auto workers.

It's inflation and mindless over consumption causing the already inflated wages and benefits to not seem like enough for the auto workers.

Not sure if this is serious, but even if they get 40% it wouldnt make them $110/hr and labor rates at garages in my area are 110-150/hr
If you're talking "mechanics" then they're skilled, uaw workers are mostly retards...

From what I gather, that seems to be a small fraction of it. Biden did endorse a 40% increase when he went there, not sure how that works out, numbers wise

They're asking for 40% over the life of the contract - I assume that's 8-10% per year. It sounds outrageous, but isn't really that much.... the 32 hr work week may be a bridge too far.

This is where a union is not a good thing. They will cannibalize themselves again but hopefully they won't get bailed out this time... a "free market" would let people able and willing to do these monotonous and skill less jobs for less (not nothing but less), ultimately benefiting everyone including the auto workers.

It's inflation and mindless over consumption causing the already inflated wages and benefits to not seem like enough for the auto workers.

If you're talking "mechanics" then they're skilled, uaw workers are mostly retards...

Well mechanics aren't making that hundred either, but UAW is full of skilled and semi-skilled workers along with mindless assemblers.... just like some of the mechanics are only changing oil and doing inspections.

Dealerships may be $110 to $150, but independent shops are not. You can charge whatever you want to do a job, but all jobs are mainly based off of a fixed time to complete the job.

We have an autobody shop and work with insurance companies all of the time and they never pay anywhere close to $110 an hour. Labor rates vary, but are usually $50 to $60 an hour. If anyone here doesn't believe me, I would be happy to upload a recent insurance adjuster's estimate to prove it. State Farm , Allstate, Geico, ect...

And I am serious.

I'll take your word for it, but even the local shops here are 85-90/hr.

What over consumption? Also way to ignore that corporate concentration is one of the primary causes of inflation.

What over consumption? Also way to ignore that corporate concentration is one of the primary causes of inflation.
The general overconsumption of average Americans, the mindless spending and using when one makes way more money than they earn... what am I ignoring?

When one buys a house they can barely afford and vehicles they don't need and a boat and whatever because they get paid triple time to sit on their ass every week then the price of Cheetos goes up they start crying about how they don't make enough money. That's not to say workers shouldn't make more money but Uaw workers have lost the plot...

Well mechanics aren't making that hundred either, but UAW is full of skilled and semi-skilled workers along with mindless assemblers.... just like some of the mechanics are only changing oil and doing inspections.

There's no such thing as "skilled," "semi-skilled," or "unskilled labor." That's just nonsense perpetuated by capitalists and programmed into the heads of the working class to sew division. It takes skill to assemble in timely manners, it takes skill to operate machinery. How do we know? Because of how many people died doing these jobs before safety standards were invented, and because of the horrible jobs scab workers do, which is often so bad the corporation capitulates to the actual workers who are and always were essential to the function of the business.

The general overconsumption of average Americans, the mindless spending and using when one makes way more money than they earn... what am I ignoring?

When one buys a house they can barely afford and vehicles they don't need and a boat and whatever because they get paid triple time to sit on their ass every week then the price of Cheetos goes up they start crying about how they don't make enough money. That's not to say workers shouldn't make more money but Uaw workers have lost the plot...
So you think UAW members are doing this specifically and that's why they want a raise?

So you think UAW members are doing this specifically and that's why they want a raise?
It's one reason some people who are overpaid feel they need more money...

Back