Atlanta Hawks GM disciplined for mentioning his wife was black

Naw it's just a term used and thrown around to be "mean" usually when they're mad. I've been called white boy and redneck quite a few times on the job and it's always from a angry minority. Imagine I did the reverse and called them brown boy or black boy? It's w/e, not a big deal, the whole point though is pointing out the hypocrisy. Words truly do hurt minorities though, but it's ok for them to use it. The logic of it all needs to be challenged more.

I know what you mean. my last gig where I was a consultant, there was this super salty black kid who actually believes it's the "white man's" fault in taking away the Nike sponsorship & the belt from Jon Jones, holding him down because he was so damn good. dude would never admit to JJ doing any wrong. I fucking LOVED shutting him up. I made this 'shop a while back, & he went off on me for being a JJ hater too, but I made it with the intent telling the tale how JJ terrorizes the division. the fat fuck never bought that & would always be salty towards me haha

BUdWpPGCEAEzoeS.png:large

You can have a black wife and black kids and do a tasteless racially motivated comment...

I know right wing pussies are going to pretend as if you can't.

I need to hear the full statement to judge tho

lol say anything and add black and the left wing cucks will fall to the floor and shake.

I have seriously wrote two Masters Theses on different aspects of specifically the NBA, and I didn't even know they had Diversity Inclusion Officers

word? for a league that is only 23% white? about 15% of which are foreigners?

what?

You can have a black wife and black kids and do a tasteless racially motivated comment...

I know right wing pussies are going to pretend as if you can't.

I need to hear the full statement to judge tho
What do you think about a white girl saying she won't date black guys & she's only attracted to white guys. She also says things such as tinted windows & rap music are thuggish.

Would you consider that racist?

Remove all mention of race from the article and what happened becomes very clear:

A Hawks staff member made a comment. A Hawks season ticket holder complained. The Hawks handled the complaint internally.

This isn't news, this is how all fuckin companies work. How old are you, TS? When someone who drops tens of thousands of dollars a year makes a complaint, it gets addressed, even if the way it is address is simply a thirty second meeting behind closed doors where they say, "Dude, be careful what you say, that old guy might misunderstand and he gives us a fuckton of money, so..."

If this was a thread about a black kid being unjustly murdered, half the posters in here would be crying, "Race-baiter! Race-baiter!" Instead, we have a thread in which race is grafted onto a typical business practice that happens every day all over the country and you guys are treating it as if it's legitimate.

Remove all mention of race from the article and what happened becomes very clear:

A Hawks staff member made a comment. A Hawks season ticket holder complained. The Hawks handled the complaint internally.

This isn't news, this is how all fuckin companies work. How old are you, TS? When someone who drops tens of thousands of dollars a year makes a complaint, it gets addressed, even if the way it is address is simply a thirty second meeting behind closed doors where they say, "Dude, be careful what you say, that old guy might misunderstand and he gives us a fuckton of money, so..."

If this was a thread about a black kid being unjustly murdered, half the posters in here would be crying, "Race-baiter! Race-baiter!" Instead, we have a thread in which race is grafted onto a typical business practice that happens every day all over the country and you guys are treating it as if it's legitimate.

I think you're right with the caveat that if the races were reversed, the probabilities of an official complaint decreases, though this is a judgement call.

I'd also like to add that of all the people that can be classified as Left-leaning in this forum, you're the only one I've seen that is able to speak about identity politics and racism in an objective manner.

I think you're right with the caveat that if the races were reversed, the probabilities of an official complaint decreases, though this is a judgement call.

Imo, the only difference is that it wouldn't get media coverage. What you're essentially saying is that companies don't acquiesce rich white guys as fervently as they do rich black guys. Unless the Hawks are unique, I think we can both agree that's probably not true.

I'd also like to add that of all the people that can be classified as Left-leaning in this forum, you're the only one I've seen that is able to speak about identity politics and racism in an objective manner.

That's only because i've made a somewhat conscious decision to avoid engaging with the uneducated and the trolls, who make up about 80% of active WR posters. This place has plenty of objective left wing guys (though I dont consider myself left-leaning, I can see reason for the classification), but it's difficult, and even unnecessary, to be objective when facing unhinged, unchecked drivel.

Imo, the only difference is that it wouldn't get media coverage. What you're essentially saying is that companies don't acquiesce rich white guys as fervently as they do rich black guys. Unless the Hawks are unique, I think we can both agree that's probably not true.

That's only because i've made a somewhat conscious decision to avoid engaging with the uneducated and the trolls, who make up about 80% of active WR posters. This place has plenty of objective left wing guys (though I dont consider myself left-leaning, I can see reason for the classification), but it's difficult, and even unnecessary, to be objective when facing unhinged, unchecked drivel.

I think that it would raise less objections because a black man joking about his white wife is just less likely to evoke anger, and even if it did, people are less likely to call out such so-called racism for fear of being called racist themselves.

As for unchecked drivel, that kind of goes hand-in-hand here. If there are other Left-leaning posters who hold rational and objective views on identity politics, they're keeping to themselves, though I understand that my labeling posters as Left and Right is itself subject to criticism.

I think that it would raise less objections because a black man joking about his white wife is just less likely to evoke anger, and even if it did, people are less likely to call out such so-called racism for fear of being called racist themselves.

Agreed. But this instance didn't involve "people". It was literally one guy that complained, he just happened to be rich enough to be taken seriously. In instances where companies bow to public pressure via social media and such, which are more common, you're right.

As for unchecked drivel, that kind of goes hand-in-hand here. If there are other Left-leaning posters who hold rational and objective views on identity politics, they're keeping to themselves, though I understand that my labeling posters as Left and Right is itself subject to criticism.

It does go hand in hand, but it has a different impact. The crazy left wing posters generally just go around calling everyone racist or ignorant Bible thumpers or what have you. These are charicatures that dont really represent any but a few posters here. As such, they are easy to ignore for the reasonable conservatives.

The crazy right wing posters, who are greater in number imo, basically attack essential identities and broad groups. They say black people deserve death, call Muslims terrorists and say civilians should be nuked, say immigrants and democrats are evil. These are harder not to address because they're not just attacking charicatures of these identities, they're attacking the identities themselves. Reasonable left wing posters thus feel attacked and respond accordingly.

At least from what i've seen.

Agreed. But this instance didn't involve "people". It was literally one guy that complained, he just happened to be rich enough to be taken seriously. In instances where companies bow to public pressure via social media and such, which are more common, you're right.

Agreed, and it's this type of response why I said what I said about you.

It does go hand in hand, but it has a different impact. The crazy left wing posters generally just go around calling everyone racist or ignorant Bible thumpers or what have you. These are charicatures that dont really represent any but a few posters here. As such, they are easy to ignore for the reasonable conservatives.

The crazy right wing posters, who are greater in number imo, basically attack essential identities and broad groups. They say black people deserve death, call Muslims terrorists and say civilians should be nuked, say immigrants and democrats are evil. These are harder not to address because they're not just attacking charicatures of these identities, they're attacking the identities themselves. Reasonable left wing posters thus feel attacked and respond accordingly.

At least from what i've seen.

I don't know if the crazy Lefties in here are representative of anything, though I know there are quite a few trolls, but there are very, very few Left-leaning posters that I have personally seen take rational stances on these issues. You may be right that there are more crazy Righties, but there are more people on the Right, imo, who are being objective (which may just be because there are more people on the Right in general). These people, me included, usually end up arguing against someone who is being overtly racist while simultaneously accusing others of racism.

This isn't a critique on Left-wingers, per se, but this forum.

The nba is getting so sjw... if my team wasn't the best, I'd probably stop watching with the new commissioner.

They keep forcing out owners and gm's over this. Al davis was a literal monster and nobody cared.

Now, was the problem that he mentioned his wife was black, or was the problem that he stereotyped her and his kids as being "angry black people"?

You wouldn't be being disingenuous, would you?
No the problem is, you are a dumbfuck who can't read

A Hawks internal investigation from Dec. 27 to Jan. 9 that included interviews with attendees concluded that Wilcox didn't use the words "angry and argumentative," but the mention of race merited his being reprimanded internally by the franchise.

I like how people are trying to deny that black women have an attitude problem. (some not all, ok most, dammit ok most all)

it's even called BWA, black woman attitude.

I don't even see how the jokes funny. Like what's the funny part.

He should've said something about black peoples reactions during a movie. Now that I would've gotten behind.

Back